Proof Tom Brady isn't a football god Topic

I don't know...i saw the Colts play pretty damn well and actually make the playoffs this year....with a lot of the same parts Manning had.  They even had less talent.

The Colts this past season had a lot of close games that could have gone either way but they ended up winning. They also had a great rookie QB and a lot of other luck - pun intended - too.
Brady actually has a very great football mind. 
Not good enough to consider him an "elite" QB or one of the top ten all time.
He brought a team in decline into a team that won 3 super bowls in 4 years and a constant winner...you do realize that with the invention of the free agency, it's harder to keep competitive teams for a sustained time now.
First, I don't think the team was in decline. It had talent, especially on defense, and was more position to win (as it did) than to lose.

Second, keeping a competitive team around has nothing to do with Brady. That's the work of a GM and coach.
Now Brady is a man-whore for having sex with 2 women???
No, he's a man whore because he goes around having sex and making babies when he shouldn't be.
You're either a virgin or married your high school sweetheart (which i applaud you if that's the case).
You really have a penchant for making wild assumptions about me. Never mind that my personal life has nothing to do with this thread, let's just go ahead and jump to wild conclusions.
but Welker???  Come on.  He was average at best before Brady and the Pats.
Belichick went on record in an interview as saying he wanted the team to get Welker because Welker had basically torn up the Patriots when they played the Dolphins and he recognized the talent.

Welker has always been quick and evasive, which is why the Dolphins used him as a kick and punt returner (a role NE has had him in on occasion). He's also always had great hands.

Naturally Welker got better when there were other good receivers so he didn't get as much attention or double teamed (its kind of hard to warrant double teaming him when Moss is lining up too).

3/1/2013 10:14 AM
I don't know...i saw the Colts play pretty damn well and actually make the playoffs this year....with a lot of the same parts Manning had.  They even had less talent.

The Colts this past season had a lot of close games that could have gone either way but they ended up winning. They also had a great rookie QB and a lot of other luck - pun intended - too.  (Right....Luck is already better than Brady)
Brady actually has a very great football mind. 
Not good enough to consider him an "elite" QB or one of the top ten all time. (So says you....which counts about as much as nothing.)
He brought a team in decline into a team that won 3 super bowls in 4 years and a constant winner...you do realize that with the invention of the free agency, it's harder to keep competitive teams for a sustained time now.
First, I don't think the team was in decline. It had talent, especially on defense, and was more position to win (as it did) than to lose. (Really?  How did the team look with Bledsoe?  Look again....their wins were going in the wrong direction.)

Second, keeping a competitive team around has nothing to do with Brady. That's the work of a GM and coach.  (So, now the GM plays the game.  Got it.  If Brady wasn't as good as he is...wouldn't the GM have replaced him with a much more skilled QB by now?  I mean, it's only been 12 years)
Now Brady is a man-whore for having sex with 2 women???
No, he's a man whore because he goes around having sex and making babies when he shouldn't be. (Making babies?  Really?  He and his girlfriend broke up and then she found out she was going to have a child.  All Brady has done is support the child and love the kid.  He's also fathered 2 children with his WIFE.  This argument is freaking retarded.)
You're either a virgin or married your high school sweetheart (which i applaud you if that's the case).
You really have a penchant for making wild assumptions about me. Never mind that my personal life has nothing to do with this thread, let's just go ahead and jump to wild conclusions.  (well, you're making wild claims about Brady being a terrible person.  You don't know him.)
but Welker???  Come on.  He was average at best before Brady and the Pats.
Belichick went on record in an interview as saying he wanted the team to get Welker because Welker had basically torn up the Patriots when they played the Dolphins and he recognized the talent. (Look at the game stats of Welker with the Phins vs the Pats.  He didn't tear anything up.  BB liked the style of Welkers play and thought he'd be a great fit.  Which he has been.)

Welker has always been quick and evasive, which is why the Dolphins used him as a kick and punt returner (a role NE has had him in on occasion). He's also always had great hands.

Naturally Welker got better when there were other good receivers so he didn't get as much attention or double teamed (its kind of hard to warrant double teaming him when Moss is lining up too).
3/1/2013 10:27 AM
(Right....Luck is already better than Brady)

I didn't say that, but since you brought it up, I will say I see far more talent and potential in Luck than I ever have in Brady, who simply lacks the skills most other good QBs have.
(So says you....which counts about as much as nothing.)

So says you, which also counts about as much as nothing. Congratulations on pointing out that's a wash.
(Really?  How did the team look with Bledsoe?  Look again....their wins were going in the wrong direction.)

The team didn't just come out of nowhere like you want to think. They had the talent. Brady didn't make them any better than Bledsoe did. They just gelled.
(So, now the GM plays the game.  Got it.  If Brady wasn't as good as he is...wouldn't the GM have replaced him with a much more skilled QB by now?  I mean, it's only been 12 years)

Of course the GM doesn't play the game, but then, that's NOT what you said either. You said it was difficult to put together a competitive team on a regular basis, and I merely pointed out whose job that is.

Also, the Pats are satisfied with the way the team is playing. There is no reason for them to replace anyone until they need to do so for some reason. That doesn't mean Brady is great - it just means he gets the job done.
(Making babies?  Really?  He and his girlfriend broke up and then she found out she was going to have a child. 

The two of them did make a baby, so yes, really. Last I checked, in most cases that means they had sex. If their relationship was so tenuous they broke up, they clearly shouldn't have been having sex.
All Brady has done is support the child and love the kid.  He's also fathered 2 children with his WIFE.

Brady being a good father doesn't mean it was right for him to be having sex so casually. His production of more children with his wife also doesn't change his casually sexual behavior prior to that.
(well, you're making wild claims about Brady being a terrible person.  You don't know him.)

I'm making logical statements based upon facts. You're jumping to conclusions based on nothing but wild assumptions. Huge difference.
3/1/2013 10:38 AM
Posted by bistiza on 3/1/2013 10:38:00 AM (view original):
(Right....Luck is already better than Brady)

I didn't say that, but since you brought it up, I will say I see far more talent and potential in Luck than I ever have in Brady, who simply lacks the skills most other good QBs have.
(So says you....which counts about as much as nothing.)

So says you, which also counts about as much as nothing. Congratulations on pointing out that's a wash.
(Really?  How did the team look with Bledsoe?  Look again....their wins were going in the wrong direction.)

The team didn't just come out of nowhere like you want to think. They had the talent. Brady didn't make them any better than Bledsoe did. They just gelled.
(So, now the GM plays the game.  Got it.  If Brady wasn't as good as he is...wouldn't the GM have replaced him with a much more skilled QB by now?  I mean, it's only been 12 years)

Of course the GM doesn't play the game, but then, that's NOT what you said either. You said it was difficult to put together a competitive team on a regular basis, and I merely pointed out whose job that is.

Also, the Pats are satisfied with the way the team is playing. There is no reason for them to replace anyone until they need to do so for some reason. That doesn't mean Brady is great - it just means he gets the job done.
(Making babies?  Really?  He and his girlfriend broke up and then she found out she was going to have a child. 

The two of them did make a baby, so yes, really. Last I checked, in most cases that means they had sex. If their relationship was so tenuous they broke up, they clearly shouldn't have been having sex.
All Brady has done is support the child and love the kid.  He's also fathered 2 children with his WIFE.

Brady being a good father doesn't mean it was right for him to be having sex so casually. His production of more children with his wife also doesn't change his casually sexual behavior prior to that.
(well, you're making wild claims about Brady being a terrible person.  You don't know him.)

I'm making logical statements based upon facts. You're jumping to conclusions based on nothing but wild assumptions. Huge difference.
Glad that you've pointed out that your opinions mean nothing.  Case closed.

You are a fool.  Now keep mashing the keyboard.
3/1/2013 10:51 AM
Just realized there are 4 threads on this nonsense.  Blocking biz and slowly backing away...
3/1/2013 10:53 AM
Your opinions mean less than nothing.

If I am a fool, then you must feel terrible, because a fool has made you look foolish.

3/1/2013 10:54 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/1/2013 10:53:00 AM (view original):
Just realized there are 4 threads on this nonsense.  Blocking biz and slowly backing away...
Yeah...i'm done.  Gotta get work done.
3/1/2013 10:58 AM
Yeah right. You can't stand to let me have the last word, bad_luck - **** I keep doing that I meant to say nomar I wonder why I got confused.
3/1/2013 11:02 AM
Why is it so important you have the last word? My eight year old nephew does the same thing.
3/1/2013 1:08 PM
I don't care if I have the last word, but blomar sure does. I'm sure he'll be posting here soon under one user name or another.
3/1/2013 1:36 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/1/2013 1:36:00 PM (view original):
I don't care if I have the last word, but blomar sure does. I'm sure he'll be posting here soon under one user name or another.
Haha!  blomar....only other guy to call me that is PrimeTime.  Well done numbskull.
3/1/2013 2:19 PM
It's not really that much of an accomplishment - bad_luck or BL if you will combined with nomar equals blomar.

Since you're the same person, it makes sense to reference you that way.

And as I predicted, you came back to post with one of your user names. You never fail to come back because you've got to have the last word.

I think the point that you and bad_luck are one and the same has been made.

It is a great combo name, but I can't take all the credit - it just flows on its own. Say it with me: blomar. Woooo!

3/1/2013 2:40 PM
Posted by bistiza on 3/1/2013 1:36:00 PM (view original):
You care enough to make sure it's always you. 
3/1/2013 9:05 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Proof Tom Brady isn't a football god Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.