Raiders Draft Notes Topic

Need to trade out of the 3 slot.

More to come.
4/24/2013 12:49 PM
Best case scenario is KC passing on Joeckel and taking the kid from the MAC.   JAX is sure to bungle their pick thus making the 3 like a 1. 
4/24/2013 5:55 PM
I said the same thing to someone today.
4/24/2013 10:49 PM
Of course then Robert Gallery springs to mind.
4/24/2013 10:50 PM
That's why I want the Raiders to trade down.   I'd be much happier if they ****** up a 20ish and a 2nd rounder instead of the #3. 
4/25/2013 8:11 AM
Sharrif Floyd

SEC talent is better than other talent....
4/25/2013 10:19 AM

Great trade.   12 and 42 for the 3.

4/25/2013 8:37 PM
Good pick.   Need DB.   #2, IMO, behind Milliner.
4/25/2013 9:39 PM
Happy as hell. 
4/26/2013 12:37 AM
I don't really see Hayden as an injury risk.   Just a freak accident.  

Now, for the 2nd pick, I'm afraid they'll screw it up.   With all the QB still on the board(except Manuel, still trying to figure that out), I fear the Raiders grabbing one.   Flynn is 27.   They traded for him.   They should believe he's the QB for the next 5-7 years.   Pryor will probably never be a good starting QB but he can be a back-up. 

4/26/2013 9:11 AM
FROM A  INSIDER: "DID Al DAVIS MAKE THIS PICK FROM THE GRAVE? RAIDERS TRADED DOWN AND STILL TOOK HAYDEN TOO HIGH. COMMITMENT TO INEPTITUDE".
4/26/2013 9:15 AM
Jets, worst offensive roster in the NFL.   Draft 2 defensive players at 9 and 13. 

Dumbasses.
4/26/2013 10:11 AM
Typical 2nd round pick.   Raw with high upside.   I'd never even heard of Menelik Watson.   And, evidently, Willie Brown hadn't either.   I'd have liked Lacy at that spot.
4/27/2013 7:43 AM

In the Raider rebuild this off-season, they lost a few of the big personalities in the locker room. Guys like Mike Mitchell, Tommy Kelly, Richard Seymour, and Michael Huff are no longer around. Now, the first sign of replacing their locker room presence has shown up in the form of third round pick Sio Moore.

"The thing with me is I was a guy that was overlooked and you know, I had to work my tail off each and every way in everything that I have to this day," said Moore. "Everything I do, I do with juice. I was glad [the Raiders] picked me up because I know that was the right fit. They know me and they didn't need to do the interview process and all those things. Like I said from the beginning of this whole draft process, there's going to be one team that's going to fall in love and make the right pick and there's going to be 31 other teams that are going to be ****** off. The Oakland Raiders got the best linebacker in the draft, I don't care who went before."

Those are strong words from a third round pick who saw 10 linebackers taken ahead of him in this draft. That kind of talk can't go unquestioned so I asked him why he thought he was the best.

"I'm not a guy that hasn't done any and everything on the field," Moore responded. "I've played every position on the field and done so in a productive manner and have the film to prove it. I'm not a guy you have to say ‘Oh, he can do this or we can have him do that.' I've done every aspect of the game and I've been productive and each and every one. I have the film to prove it unlike a lot of other linebackers. The coaches know that.

"For me, I take that and use that not to brag and boast but as a chip on my shoulder because even though I can do a bunch of things I'm still overlooked. It's a shame but it's also a blessing because it's the reason why I'm ****** off. Going to Oakland they're going to get a ****** off linebacker that wants to prove why he's the best linebacker coming out this year. I don't care about the guys drafted before me. I play with juice. None of those guys are as hungry as me. None of those guys want to work as hard as me. I'm going to make sure wherever I go, whoever I'm with I'm going to outwork them."

That gigantic chip on his shoulder will come in handy to help him prove himself at this stage just as he had all his previous stages.

He wasn't invited to the Senior Bowl this year - he settled for the Shrine Game. He played so well in the Shrine Game, he earned a trip to the Senior Bowl. That's where he met the Raiders' staff who coached him on the North team and how he was able to impress them.

"Here's a guy that we had an opportunity to spend a lot of time at the Senior Bowl," said Dennis Allen of Moore. "That's one of the things that when you look at it, we spent a week with this guy; in the meeting rooms with him, in the dining hall with him, watching him interact with the other players. You talk about a guy that loves football. He really epitomizes when you talk about a guy that loves football. So, we're trying to get as many quality football players as we can and he fits that mold.

"You look at the tape and you see the qualities on the tape and you see the play on the tape - I think he had the tenth most tackles for loss in the NCAA last year - he's a guy that has that type of ability, but just being around that guy for a week, he's the type of guy that we want to bring into that locker room."

There is no doubt, Moore has just the kind of swagger this team needs. Every team needs that. The other players the Raiders have brought in don't have the same temperament as Moore. I asked Dennis Allen even with the completely different personalities and playing experiences, what they all have in common that struck the Raiders' interest and he said drive and passion and the attitude to prove that they belong in the NFL.

That ‘prove it' mentality has been a common theme around these parts all off-season. That fits a team which will need to prove they can be competitive this season.

4/27/2013 8:55 AM
Hope he's got the *** to back up his mouth.
4/27/2013 8:56 AM
1234 Next ▸
Raiders Draft Notes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.