Green Bay over Atlanta

Green Bay over San Francisco

Superbowl
Baltimore over Green Bay
8/19/2013 3:01 PM
DENVER OVER SEATTLE IN THE JERSEY BOWL

WILL MAKE OTHER PICKS LATER
8/19/2013 3:11 PM
B'More isn't going back-2-back.  That's for damn sure.

AFC Division Leaders
Pats
Ravens
Texans
Broncos

Wildcards
Cinncy
Indy

NFC 
49ers
Vikings
Falcons
Skins

Wildcard
Saints
Seahawks

AFC Playoffs
Texans over Cinncy
Colts over Ravens

Pats over Colts
Denver over Texans

Pats over Denver

NFC Playoffs
Skins over Saints
Seahawks over Vikings

9ers over Skins
Falcons over Seahawks

9ers over Falcons

Superbowl (homer pick!!!!!!!)

Pats over 9ers!!!

8/20/2013 9:40 AM
Nice call - criticize the homer pick then make one of your own.
8/20/2013 9:44 AM
Raiders over Niners in a Bay Area Super Bowl!!!!
8/20/2013 10:20 AM
AFC Division Winners
Houston
New England
Denver
Cincinnati

AFC Wild Cards
Baltimore
Miami

NFC Division Winners
Seattle
New Orleans
Green Bay
Philadelphia

NFC Wild Cards
San Francisco
Chicago

AFC Playoffs
Denver over Miami
Cincinnati over Baltimore

Denver over New England
Houston over Cincinnati

Houston over Denver

NFC Playoffs
San Francisco over Philadelphia
Green Bay over Chicago

Seattle over San Francisco
New Orleans over Green Bay

Seattle over New Orleans

Superbowl
Seattle over Houston
8/20/2013 11:50 AM
Posted by AlCheez on 8/20/2013 9:44:00 AM (view original):
I make no qualms about picking Baltimore as a homer, but I do really think they have a better team than they had last year.  I believe the defense will be a lot better and I fully expect the offense to get better as they get more comfortable in Caldwell's system.  Going back to back is incredibly difficult, but I think Baltimore is a better team while much of the top tier AFC has gotten worse.  Denver's defense will take a step back and they still have no running game.  New England will likely take a step back, though with Brady I fully expect them to once again have the best record in part because I expect them to go 5-1 or 6-0 in the AFC East.  Houston has a QB that chokes and Foster still hasn't made an appearance this year.  Indianapolis was a bit of a fluke last year and with a much more difficult schedule and second year blues, expect them to drop back into the 7/8 win range.  Cincinnati is the only team that made the playoffs last year, aside from Baltimore, that I can say with confidence made significant strides forward.  I expect Miami and Kansas City to be a lot better, but not realistically contend.  So for me, I went with Baltimore, and yes it was a homer pick. 
8/20/2013 4:04 PM (edited)
You guys that are picking Baltimore to win the division are crazy...they probably won't even make the playoffs.
8/20/2013 6:52 PM
Posted by moranis on 8/20/2013 4:04:00 PM (view original):
I make no qualms about picking Baltimore as a homer, but I do really think they have a better team than they had last year.  I believe the defense will be a lot better and I fully expect the offense to get better as they get more comfortable in Caldwell's system.  Going back to back is incredibly difficult, but I think Baltimore is a better team while much of the top tier AFC has gotten worse.  Denver's defense will take a step back and they still have no running game.  New England will likely take a step back, though with Brady I fully expect them to once again have the best record in part because I expect them to go 5-1 or 6-0 in the AFC East.  Houston has a QB that chokes and Foster still hasn't made an appearance this year.  Indianapolis was a bit of a fluke last year and with a much more difficult schedule and second year blues, expect them to drop back into the 7/8 win range.  Cincinnati is the only team that made the playoffs last year, aside from Baltimore, that I can say with confidence made significant strides forward.  I expect Miami and Kansas City to be a lot better, but not realistically contend.  So for me, I went with Baltimore, and yes it was a homer pick. 
Well, at least you were willing to double down on it with a bunch of homer analysis.  I salute you, sir. 
8/20/2013 8:17 PM
moranis is in for a rude awakening. Who the hell is Flacco going to be throwing to? Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones. Good luck with that.
8/20/2013 8:31 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 8/20/2013 8:31:00 PM (view original):
moranis is in for a rude awakening. Who the hell is Flacco going to be throwing to? Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones. Good luck with that.
Just out of curiosity which group of receivers would you rather be throwing to:

Smith, Jones, Dickson, Clark, Shiancoe, Stokley, Thompson, Doss

Johnson, Martin, Daniels, Graham, Martin, Posey, Jean

Amendola, Edelman, Fells, Sudfeld, Aiken, Slater, Boyce

Green, Sanu, Gresham, Eifert, Jones, Tate

Wayne, Heward-Bey, Allen, Fleener, Brazill, Hilton

Sure Denver has a great set of receivers, but they are the only top tier AFC team that even goes 3 deep and even their TE's are of a lesser quality and they have a way less than average running game.  And I'm not saying Baltimore has the best receiving core of those teams, merely that they are in the same general area as them.  Trading Boldin and then losing Pitta to injury were certainly blows, but they will be fine overall.
8/21/2013 8:36 AM
Back 2 backs are very hard to do....especially after you lose several key players.
8/21/2013 2:15 PM
Posted by moranis on 8/21/2013 8:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 8/20/2013 8:31:00 PM (view original):
Just out of curiosity which group of receivers would you rather be throwing to:

Smith, Jones, Dickson, Clark, Shiancoe, Stokley, Thompson, Doss

Johnson, Martin, Daniels, Graham, Martin, Posey, Jean

Amendola, Edelman, Fells, Sudfeld, Aiken, Slater, Boyce

Green, Sanu, Gresham, Eifert, Jones, Tate

Wayne, Heward-Bey, Allen, Fleener, Brazill, Hilton

Sure Denver has a great set of receivers, but they are the only top tier AFC team that even goes 3 deep and even their TE's are of a lesser quality and they have a way less than average running game.  And I'm not saying Baltimore has the best receiving core of those teams, merely that they are in the same general area as them.  Trading Boldin and then losing Pitta to injury were certainly blows, but they will be fine overall.
The Pats.

Amendola will put up Welker type numbers.  Thompkins and Dobson have performed very well.  Sudfeld has shown the ability to be a big time difference maker in the redzone.  Once gronk gets back, having Sudfeld (6'7") and Gronk (6'6") and pair them with Dola (5'10") and Dobson (6'3"), that's a match-up nightmare.  
8/21/2013 2:26 PM
Losing several key players is pretty much what happens to Super Bowl winners.   Plus they draw tougher schedules. 

I'd bet a lot of money if offered the field over Baltimore. 
8/21/2013 2:26 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/21/2013 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Losing several key players is pretty much what happens to Super Bowl winners.   Plus they draw tougher schedules. 

I'd bet a lot of money if offered the field over Baltimore. 
Baltimore's schedule is basically the same as it was last season.

6 division games
3 other same games - houston, denver, new england
swap AFC West for AFC East and NFC East for NFC North

Pretty similar schedule.

And I think pretty much everyone would bet a lot of money if the choice was 1 team or the field.  Just a smart bet overall.

8/21/2013 2:47 PM
1234 Next ▸
Preseason Predictions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.