Preseason Predictions Topic

Posted by Jtpsops on 9/5/2013 9:45:00 PM (view original):
Did someone really pick Chicago to win the NFC North? Quite possibly the worst team in that division.

I picked them as a Wildcard, but in retrospect I wish I had thought a little more about it.... they do suck.

9/6/2013 2:16 PM
Good starting QB/RB/WR. Good D. Fatal flaw last year was the terrible offensive line and that Jason Campbell was heavily involved in 2 games.
9/6/2013 8:55 PM
Posted by moranis on 9/6/2013 8:30:00 AM (view original):
I actually thought they would lose the game last night.  Now granted I didn't think it would be a blow out, but they were winning at the half and if not for terrible call on the Welker catch on the first drive of the second half, the rest of the game might have looked a lot different.

Dallas Clark dropping that many passes was just shocking.  He usually has pretty sure hands.

I would say the same for Welker dropping that punt. If it doesn't happen, the Ravens don't even have a lead at the half.
9/7/2013 2:20 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 8/21/2013 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 8/21/2013 8:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 8/20/2013 8:31:00 PM (view original):
moranis is in for a rude awakening. Who the hell is Flacco going to be throwing to? Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones. Good luck with that.
Just out of curiosity which group of receivers would you rather be throwing to:

Smith, Jones, Dickson, Clark, Shiancoe, Stokley, Thompson, Doss

Johnson, Martin, Daniels, Graham, Martin, Posey, Jean

Amendola, Edelman, Fells, Sudfeld, Aiken, Slater, Boyce

Green, Sanu, Gresham, Eifert, Jones, Tate

Wayne, Heward-Bey, Allen, Fleener, Brazill, Hilton

Sure Denver has a great set of receivers, but they are the only top tier AFC team that even goes 3 deep and even their TE's are of a lesser quality and they have a way less than average running game.  And I'm not saying Baltimore has the best receiving core of those teams, merely that they are in the same general area as them.  Trading Boldin and then losing Pitta to injury were certainly blows, but they will be fine overall.
The Pats.

Amendola will put up Welker type numbers.  Thompkins and Dobson have performed very well.  Sudfeld has shown the ability to be a big time difference maker in the redzone.  Once gronk gets back, having Sudfeld (6'7") and Gronk (6'6") and pair them with Dola (5'10") and Dobson (6'3"), that's a match-up nightmare.  
"big time difference maker in the redzone" just got cut. This whole homerism response is entertaining.
10/3/2013 4:58 PM
well clearly I was wrong about Baltimore's offense.  They have been epically bad.  Can't run the ball at all and no consistency from players that have previously been consistent in the passing game.  Defense has been very good though.  If they can somehow sneak into the playoffs, I won't count them out, but they clearly have a lot of work to do.
11/8/2013 1:00 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/5/2013 8:46:00 PM (view original):

LOL at Steelers in the playoffs.   Homer.

Dead on.

11/10/2013 4:25 PM
Posted by moranis on 11/8/2013 1:00:00 PM (view original):
well clearly I was wrong about Baltimore's offense.  They have been epically bad.  Can't run the ball at all and no consistency from players that have previously been consistent in the passing game.  Defense has been very good though.  If they can somehow sneak into the playoffs, I won't count them out, but they clearly have a lot of work to do.
I'd count them out after that fiasco.
11/10/2013 4:25 PM
Yeah, but they won.  Just a game behind the Jets for the last wild card and just 1 loss behind the Bengals for first in the North. 

And on another note, the great Ed Reed that was such a terrible loss for the Ravens defense was cut today by the second worst team in the AFC.

11/12/2013 3:46 PM

Unproductive players probably shouldn't criticize coaches.

11/12/2013 7:55 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/12/2013 7:55:00 PM (view original):

Unproductive players probably shouldn't criticize coaches.

well sure, but that was my point.  Reed is an unproductive player.  Yet his loss was supposedly this huge blow to Baltimore.

Also, to Reed's point, Wade Phillips sucks.

11/13/2013 8:55 AM
Phillips outcoached = water wet

Reed had surgery and didn't recover well.   Maybe the Ravens thought that would happen, which is reasonable, or maybe they got lucky in letting him walk.
11/13/2013 9:03 AM
Posted by moranis on 8/20/2013 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by AlCheez on 8/20/2013 9:44:00 AM (view original):
Nice call - criticize the homer pick then make one of your own.
I make no qualms about picking Baltimore as a homer, but I do really think they have a better team than they had last year.  I believe the defense will be a lot better and I fully expect the offense to get better as they get more comfortable in Caldwell's system.  Going back to back is incredibly difficult, but I think Baltimore is a better team while much of the top tier AFC has gotten worse.  Denver's defense will take a step back and they still have no running game.  New England will likely take a step back, though with Brady I fully expect them to once again have the best record in part because I expect them to go 5-1 or 6-0 in the AFC East.  Houston has a QB that chokes and Foster still hasn't made an appearance this year.  Indianapolis was a bit of a fluke last year and with a much more difficult schedule and second year blues, expect them to drop back into the 7/8 win range.  Cincinnati is the only team that made the playoffs last year, aside from Baltimore, that I can say with confidence made significant strides forward.  I expect Miami and Kansas City to be a lot better, but not realistically contend.  So for me, I went with Baltimore, and yes it was a homer pick. 
LOL
12/30/2013 8:10 AM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 8/20/2013 9:40:00 AM (view original):
B'More isn't going back-2-back.  That's for damn sure.

AFC Division Leaders
Pats
Ravens
Texans
Broncos

Wildcards
Cinncy
Indy

NFC 
49ers
Vikings
Falcons
Skins

Wildcard
Saints
Seahawks

AFC Playoffs
Texans over Cinncy
Colts over Ravens

Pats over Colts
Denver over Texans

Pats over Denver

NFC Playoffs
Skins over Saints
Seahawks over Vikings

9ers over Skins
Falcons over Seahawks

9ers over Falcons

Superbowl (homer pick!!!!!!!)

Pats over 9ers!!!

Damn.  Texans, Vikings, Falcons, Skins.

Were you predicting "Who gets a top 5 pick?"
12/30/2013 8:17 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 9/5/2013 3:30:00 PM (view original):
AFC Division Winners
Denver
Houston
New England
Cincinnati

AFC Wild Cards
Pittsburgh
San Diego

NFC Division Winners
Green Bay
Seattle
New York (N)
Atlanta

NFC Wild Cards
San Francisco
Tampa Bay

AFC Playoffs
New England over San Diego
Cincinnati over Pittsburgh

Denver over Cincinnati
New England over Houston

Denver over New England

NFC Playoffs
New York (N) over Tampa Bay
San Francisco over Atlanta

San Francisco over Green Bay
Seattle over New York(N)

Seattle over San Francisco

Superbowl
Seattle over Denver

?????

1/20/2014 5:00 PM
Posted by antoncresten on 8/19/2013 3:11:00 PM (view original):
DENVER OVER SEATTLE IN THE JERSEY BOWL

WILL MAKE OTHER PICKS LATER
Or deadcresten?
1/20/2014 5:01 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Preseason Predictions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.