Please someone sell the Browns again Topic

Not only did they take him at 3 last year, they traded up for him.  Horrible trade getting just 1 mid to late first round pick after 18 games.  Totally and utterly ridiculous.  Frankly had they made it known it was on the block, they could have gotten more for him (like a first and a third or something like that).  Knee jerk reaction after two games with a horrible QB situation, with a bad OL, and with your best WR suspended (Gordon would have helped open things up a bit).  Just a totally ridiculous move and as I guy that is in the process of moving to Cleveland for work, I'm disgusted (as you all know I'm a Ravens fan and will be living in cleveland which will be hard enough, but with Cleveland just being so bad it makes it that much harder).
9/21/2013 8:48 AM
I think they did as good as they could trading him during the season. The team trading for him needed to be a playoff contender (So they don't end up trading a top 10 pick), and need a significant upgrade at RB (to make it worth the first rounder).

They probably would have gotten a 1st and another pick if they traded him before the 2013 draft.
9/21/2013 10:11 AM
Cleveland & Jacksonville need a QB so badly that Clowney may end up going 3rd to the Raiders!
9/21/2013 4:16 PM
Posted by moranis on 9/21/2013 8:48:00 AM (view original):
Not only did they take him at 3 last year, they traded up for him.  Horrible trade getting just 1 mid to late first round pick after 18 games.  Totally and utterly ridiculous.  Frankly had they made it known it was on the block, they could have gotten more for him (like a first and a third or something like that).  Knee jerk reaction after two games with a horrible QB situation, with a bad OL, and with your best WR suspended (Gordon would have helped open things up a bit).  Just a totally ridiculous move and as I guy that is in the process of moving to Cleveland for work, I'm disgusted (as you all know I'm a Ravens fan and will be living in cleveland which will be hard enough, but with Cleveland just being so bad it makes it that much harder).
Richardson was the only RB taken above #28 in the last 3 drafts unless I'm missing something.  I think you're kidding yourself if you think they could have done much better - just because he was taken at #3 doesn't mean he still carries that kind of value now.  If you want to argue they shouldn't have been dealing him in the first place, that's one thing, but I don't think they are doing better than the Colts #1 for him.  Of course, I also think there's a much chance that the Colts pick is 16 or better than that it is a late pick.

Now, there's also the message you're sending the fanbase, and if I was a Cleveland fan I'd probably be ****** at the white flag going up 2 games in, but that's something else altogether.
9/21/2013 7:37 PM (edited)
The Brown's came back into the league in 1999 & have ****** up every draft since!
9/22/2013 12:47 AM
I don't think adding 300 more touches of wear and tear would have increased his value. 
9/22/2013 6:17 AM
Posted by AlCheez on 9/21/2013 7:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 9/21/2013 8:48:00 AM (view original):
Richardson was the only RB taken above #28 in the last 3 drafts unless I'm missing something.  I think you're kidding yourself if you think they could have done much better - just because he was taken at #3 doesn't mean he still carries that kind of value now.  If you want to argue they shouldn't have been dealing him in the first place, that's one thing, but I don't think they are doing better than the Colts #1 for him.  Of course, I also think there's a much chance that the Colts pick is 16 or better than that it is a late pick.

Now, there's also the message you're sending the fanbase, and if I was a Cleveland fan I'd probably be ****** at the white flag going up 2 games in, but that's something else altogether.
I just wouldn't have traded him.  He was by far their best offensive player (except maybe Thomas) and as you can see today, Josh Gordon would have made a pretty big difference in their offense on the whole.  And you are right it is a horrible message for what may be the worst franchise on the whole since they came back in 99.
9/22/2013 3:54 PM
Trent who?
9/22/2013 7:38 PM
Today shows what a ****** pick Weeden was...27 or 28 year old mid to late first rounder...he's Chris Weinke part 2...Hoyer was what, an undrafted FA out of Michigan State?  I'm not saying Hoyer is the answer, I'm just saying that Weeden will never be it, and that they should have known that before they drafted his relatively old ***.
9/22/2013 9:51 PM
Posted by Got_Worms on 9/21/2013 4:16:00 PM (view original):
Cleveland & Jacksonville need a QB so badly that Clowney may end up going 3rd to the Raiders!
Or will that be to Tampa
9/22/2013 10:52 PM
Tampa Bay also badly needs a QB!
9/22/2013 11:49 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 9/22/2013 9:51:00 PM (view original):
Today shows what a ****** pick Weeden was...27 or 28 year old mid to late first rounder...he's Chris Weinke part 2...Hoyer was what, an undrafted FA out of Michigan State?  I'm not saying Hoyer is the answer, I'm just saying that Weeden will never be it, and that they should have known that before they drafted his relatively old ***.
It's a funny league in which being 5 years older than everyone else somehow raises less red flags then being 2 inches too short.
9/22/2013 11:57 PM
apparently both Gordon and Little are on the block.  Report indicates they have received a solid offer for Gordon, but it isn't quite good enough for the Browns to trade him.  I would think there would be an uprising in Cleveland if they moved Gordon so soon after moving Richardson.
9/23/2013 8:38 AM
2-0 without locker room cancer.
9/29/2013 7:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/29/2013 7:36:00 PM (view original):
2-0 without locker room cancer.
Colts are 2-0 after acquiring Locker-Room cancer...
9/29/2013 7:49 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Please someone sell the Browns again Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.