Dungy Topic

See?  Taint's hate of God distorts his thinking too!!!
7/23/2014 11:59 AM
I'm just not going to rush to judge Tony Dungy as a horrible human being.  Others are, obviously.
7/23/2014 12:29 PM
I'm not saying he's a horrible human being.   I'm just saying what he believes, deep in his soul, has affected his thoughts on Sam as a football player and a "distraction".
7/23/2014 1:53 PM
I'm not going to assume things he's thinking, like you are.  I've heard plenty of people, football people, who think Tebow, Manziel, and Vick can play.  Tebow and Manziel are "winners", they lift their teams, they do the little things right.  Dungy has said that.  Vick obviously has the physical skills, and has been successful in the past.  I haven't heard people say Michael Sam will be a good player in this league.  He doesn't have the physical skills apparently.  Some experts said he wouldn't get drafted, and it would have nothing to do with his sexuality.  

Could he be a homophobe? Sure. I wouldn't assume that, though.
7/23/2014 2:25 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Tebow was a 1st round pick.  So...yea.  People thought he could play, including Dungy.
7/23/2014 2:34 PM
I'm not sure one is a "homophobe" simply because they don't approve of a lifestyle.    Would one be a "whoreaphobe" if they felt women shouldn't jump on every hard dick they see?

Simply put, Dungy does not agree with the homosexual lifestyle.   Whether or not he believes it's a choice, I don't know.  

Sam proved he could play football at the highest level.   Sam also carries some baggage that might be a distraction.   Can that not be said about Tebow, Vick and Manziel?
7/23/2014 2:40 PM
Dungy saves himself a lot of hassle by simply saying "I wouln't have drafted Michael Sam because I view him as a borderline NFL player who will bring additional scrutiny to my football team.  It's not due to his sexuality, it's due to his talent.   I wouldn't bring Isiah Crowell to camp either but I'd roll the dice with Sammy Watkins."

You'll probably have to look up Isiah Crowell.  I found him easily by seaching "Georgia RB kicked off team" because they have 2-3 guys booted every season.   Dude had a great freshman year and then ran into gun/drug trouble.  Signed as a UDFA by Cleveland in May.   Watkins was suspended for several games in his 2nd college season due to a drug charge but was a top 5 pick this season.   He also had a great freshman season the same year as Crowell.  
7/23/2014 2:57 PM
Yes, he should have considered what words he was using based on his past and his public views on gay marriage.  His "clarification" was what I thought he meant in the first place.

I'm using "homophobe" because it seems everyone else in this thread wants to burn him at the stake.
7/23/2014 3:25 PM
Posted by The Taint on 7/23/2014 2:40:00 PM (view original):
People are often wrong, aren't they.
Yes. Is there another point you're making here that I'm missing?
7/23/2014 3:26 PM
Taint hates Jesus so he hates Tebow by default.   I'm assuming taint has a gay cousin because he's way too worried about a guy who doesn't have a say saying "I wouldn't have drafted him."
7/23/2014 3:53 PM
Again...Dungy is a pile of poop.  Bible thumping turd. I just can't stand the people that "Live by the bible".  Yet, they leave out so many things that are the bible that they break.
7/24/2014 9:51 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 7/23/2014 8:22:00 PM (view original):
Quote post by burnsy483 on 7/23/2014 2:26:00 PM:
I'm not going to assume things he's thinking, like you are.  I've heard plenty of people, football people, who think Tebow, Manziel, and Vick can play.  Tebow and Manziel are "winners", they lift their teams, they do the little things right.  Dungy has said that.  Vick obviously has the physical skills, and has been successful in the past.  I haven't heard people say Michael Sam will be a good player in this league.  He doesn't have the physical skills apparently.  Some experts said he wouldn't get drafted, and it would have nothing to do with his sexuality.  

Could he be a homophobe? Sure. I wouldn't assume that, though.

Quote post by burnsy483 on 7/22/2014 4:03:00 PM:
Before we kill Dungy, consider this - Is it possible that he wouldn't want the distraction on his team (which is completely understandable), and wouldn't want to deal with the backlash when cutting him (many 7th round picks do get cut), AND not be a homophobe? And is it possible that while he mentored Vick, and said he thought Tim Tebow could be a very good football player, that it didn't mean he would take either on a team he was coaching?  Or, that he thought these players had talent, and he'd deal with distractions because he thought Vick and Tebow would add value to his football team?

Michael Sam looks like an easily replaceable player.  I understand the idea behind preferring his replacement.

You must have forgotten that you posted assumptions a day earlier.

Dungy didn't say in his initial statement or his follow-up, that not wanting to have the Michael Sam "distraction" how to do with a risk-reward of a borderline NFL player, it had to do with that player being gay. You're just making assumptions.
As I said earlier, he certainly could be a homophobe, and a horrible person.  I'm not assuming he is.  "Is it possible that..."  = not an assumption about anything.
7/24/2014 9:57 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Dungy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.