Worst call EVER Topic

Well, where are all the Dallas conspiracy-theorists now? Taking away Bryant's catch has got to be one of the worst calls ever.
1/11/2015 5:27 PM
Posted by all3 on 1/11/2015 5:27:00 PM (view original):
Well, where are all the Dallas conspiracy-theorists now? Taking away Bryant's catch has got to be one of the worst calls ever.
I'm sure it wasn't even the worst call of that game.
It was the correct call for the rules. It is just a ****** rule.
1/11/2015 5:31 PM
Correct call how? Reaching the ball out toward the goal line doesn't qualify as a "football move"? Get real.
1/11/2015 5:40 PM
Not securing the catch doesn't qualify as a completion.
1/11/2015 5:44 PM
Note 1: A player who goes to the ground in the process of attempting to secure possession of a loose ball (with or without
contact by an opponent) must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the
field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control,
there is no possession. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, it is a catch, interception, or recovery. 
1/11/2015 5:58 PM
Still missing (or simply refusing to see) the point. If he didn't have possession of the ball, how was he able to stretch it toward the end zone?
1/11/2015 6:39 PM
Posted by all3 on 1/11/2015 6:39:00 PM (view original):
Still missing (or simply refusing to see) the point. If he didn't have possession of the ball, how was he able to stretch it toward the end zone?
Your definition of possession is different than the NFL's. Because he was never not going to the ground in the process after he caught the ball, it didn't matter how good of "possession" he had before the ball hit the ground and came loose. The ball needed to effectively not move when he hit the ground with it, and certainly not come completely loose for him to have to  re-grasp.
There is precedence for this that makes the rule look even worse when it happened with Calvin Johnson in the endzone back in 2010.
1/11/2015 7:18 PM
You can control the direction of an object without actually having control of it. 
1/11/2015 7:21 PM
If I'm a Cowboy fan, I'm infuriated.   If I'm a Packers fan, it's a good call.   If I'm a Lions fan, I say "You got what you deserved."
1/11/2015 7:22 PM
It was the right call.  He has to control it all the way through the impact with the ground.  It would've been really funny if they flagged Dez for running on the field to complain about the call without his helmet on (again).

Also, **** the Cowboys.
1/11/2015 7:26 PM
forget the catch/no-catch

what kind of 4th and 2 call is that?!

A 50/50 jump ball is your season on the line play call????
1/11/2015 9:20 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
It worked for Baltimore.   

Oh, wait, no it didn't. 
1/12/2015 8:11 AM
12 Next ▸
Worst call EVER Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.