Great Northwest DII- On The Rise Topic

Here it is guys. First voting will be on Top 3 recruits for Season. We will begin voting on Preseason awards after first actual game is played.
4/20/2014 8:08 AM
Hard to tell without benefit of scouting but I would go with #1 Richard Coleman (Seattle,) #2 James Newquist (Seattle) and #3 Rogelio Russo (Hawaii Hilo.) 

Scott Murr (Montana State-Billings) was a close fourth.
4/20/2014 5:56 PM
very hard to tell without reports.

There are many that have the "bones" to be great d2 players, 

Coleman, Murr, Russo, Newquist and Cude

Murr, my best recruit, is High, in Ath, Spd, Def, SB, LP and Per.. so if he can live up to the reports then he has a bright d2 future.  Will need a better supporting cast.
4/20/2014 10:27 PM
BJ, I had Cude as a Top 5 or 6 because his ATH, SPD, DEF and BH will all be over 70 along with an "A" FT rating...but I just couldn't rank two of my own.

For full disclosure, I only looked at Freshmen and did not consider JUCO or transfers. 
4/21/2014 12:35 AM
Newquist gladly took a Redshirt!  He will be a beast soon.  73PE HIgh on speed, passing,dribbling, and Def.  He will be legit.  Coleman plays no DEF at all so I actually dont like him as a top prospect.
4/21/2014 9:46 AM
#1 Newquist
#2 Wang
#3 Murr

All in all a good recruiting class for all our human coaches!
4/21/2014 9:47 AM
So Pre-season awards-

POY-
COY-
Top Newcomer-
DPOY-

First team all conference will be posted tonight. 

Express your thoughts today.
4/21/2014 9:49 AM
NW Nazarene reveals its own future players to watch:

Irving Taylor (PG): Projects to Ath: 60; SPD: 82; DE: 60; LP: 10; PE: 41+; BH: 62; P: 70
Calvin Bradshaw (PF; will play "5"): Projects to: Ath 56; SPD: 33; REB: 58; DE: 55; BLK: 66; LP 56+; PE: 22; BH: 34; P: 32

Taylor gladly accepted a RS. Both players should mature well into NNU's FB/FCP. 
4/21/2014 2:26 PM
NNU nominates SF George Sargent Sr/5 for pre-season consideration for Conf POY and DPOY. Armed with a 5th year, Sargent is the only Sr starter on a team that roster that includes 10 So & Fr (including RS'ing PG Irving Taylor). The team will look to Sargent for leadership and scoring. The key will be 2nd year starting SO Gs Victor Arnold and Charles Charles (nominated for the "name" team) efficiently running NNU's FB and not turning over the ball. The SO Gs will be backed up by SR/5 Dion Gould, who could receive votes for "6th Man."

Coaches are tamping down expectations in their 2nd year on campus, stating they are focusing on developing the 10 players recruited to campus in their 2 seasons. However, privately, coaches believe that by the conference game portion of their schedule they could surprise some people and maybe make a run during the CT. If they reach the PT, NNU has to be pleased with what would be considered a bonus year. As for next season, NNU Coaches are making no secret they expect to be a NT team.

Of course, fans will be happy with more than last seasons 2 wins.
4/21/2014 2:40 PM
HEadpirate I like it! You should go for a scoring record with Sargeant.. Why not!  I bet he blows up!
4/21/2014 3:31 PM
George Sargent (NW Nazerene)  - POY Winner
David Kea (Seattle Pacific) -  POY finalist
Quincy Williams (Hawaii Hilo) - POY finalist
James Pope (Seattle) - POY finalist

jefdawso (Seattle) - COY Winner

Josh Hannigan (Montana State-Billings) - Top Newcomer Winner
George Bennett (Humboldt State) - Top Newcomer finalist

James Avina (Central Washington) - DPOY Winner
4/21/2014 10:52 PM
POY- George Sargent
COY- Jefdawso
DPOY- Ingram

1rst Team

PG- Tanner Seattle
SG- Hubler Montant St- billings
SF- Sargent  NW Nazarene
PF- Kea  Seattle Pacific
C- Cola Montana St Billings
6th Man- Hayes Seattle

4/25/2014 6:57 PM
Honestly upset of the year has to be my win over Bowie St.  That was insain
4/25/2014 7:08 PM
Great Northwest DII- On The Rise Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.