Posted by trobone on 4/6/2012 7:57:00 PM (view original):
I didn't and still don't believe it's collusion to simply ask. At no point did I say who I wanted. At no point did I offer an exchange of any sort. What I did was no different than two college coaches watching an aau game asking each other what they thought and who they liked. On top of that no one even responded except Texas who said he thought it was a nono. D has a great rep he has earned. So i decided to listen to him and no ask anymore. But despite that I dont think simply asking is collusion or breaking the rules. If you think so it's your right. Well call it my loss.
And I never said what you do isn't ok. I simply meant it seems to take some fun out of the game. But it's your right to do whatever you think will get you ahead.
So what's the purpose of you asking several coaches who they are going after? To avoid recruiting battles?
Collusion includes any act that supports bad, deceitful or illegal behavior agreed upon by two or more users. Here are a few examples:
- Trades that clearly benefit one side.
- Dropping/waiving a player so that another team may pick him up.
- Using 1 team to scout for another team.
- Making agreements with other users to go or not go after specific players with the intent of avoiding recruiting/negotiation battles.
- Coaching 2 or more teams in the same world using multiple user IDs within the same conference or regional area of the country is not allowed as it presents opportunities for collusive behavior. All such situations brought to our attention will be investigated and violations of this policy will result in the removal or relocation of one or all of the IDs.
- Intentionally throwing a game to ensure another team improves its chances for a post-season bid.
- Intentionally signing questionable players that benefit the former club (i.e. Type-A free-agents in Hardball Dynasty.)
- Arranging a trade with another franchise so the other franchise can sign a free-agent resulting in the other franchise receiving compensation picks.
If playing teams way above your talent level is fun, why arent you doing it? In your nonconf this season and next season, you haven't scheduled a single team with prestige higher than C+ while your prestige is at B. I'm at least playing C+ and B- prestige teams while I'm only at C+.
The only thing this thread has demonstrated is that WIS owners love to criticize others for stuff they are doing right now. Hypocrisy is well and alive!