• Colorado
  • Oglethorpe
  • Brockport
3/20/2016 11:58 PM
Don't count out Shenandoah!
3/23/2016 3:37 PM
Posted by scoopdogg1 on 3/23/2016 3:37:00 PM (view original):
aiming for the elusive double digit loss national champs, are we?
3/24/2016 12:24 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/24/2016 12:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by scoopdogg1 on 3/23/2016 3:37:00 PM (view original):
aiming for the elusive double digit loss national champs, are we?
Heh, I would go that far. Double digit loss elite 8 or final four team is what I am aiming for.
3/24/2016 12:28 PM
Two #1 seeds for university
3/26/2016 5:36 PM
Well we're down to the Elite 8 now in the NT. 3 of my preseason final four teams are still alive. Palm Beach Atlantic fell unfortunately to Endicott in a huge upset. Just going to make a quick prediction on this afternoon's games.

2 Cal Tech VS 13 Endicott
Cal Tech won a huge game in the Sweet 16 along with Endicott beating two teams that are final four material. I think this match up will come down to whether or not Endicott can contain Cal Tech's speed and athleticism. Cal tech has the ball handlers and passers to give Endicott some serious problems. I'm standing by my preseason prediction has picking Cal Tech to get back to the final four.

1 Averett VS 2 Brockport
These two met in the regular season in the USA South/SUNYAC challenge. Averett won a close one by 2 at Brockport. This game could very well go either way. Brockport has a the defense to match up with Averett's high-powered offense. As much as I would like to see ars get Averett into the final four, I might end up disappointed today. Brockport has improved immensely as the season went along and I think it might be just enough to get them by Averett by a very narrow margin this afternoon..

2 La Grange VS 5 Greensboro
Wow, another exciting match up that could go either way! These two both played later during the season and both games were decided by 6 points or less. I would be happy for either coach to win, but I really think La Grange will come out on top in this one. 0nly loves to rely on speed and I think they have a big advantage over Greensboro in that department in this game. It will be another close game though.

1 Southwestern VS 2 Methodist
The last game on the slate will be another good one as well. I feel like it could go either way as well. Both teams have great balance on offense and will put on a show on the offensive end of the floor. I mentioned Southwestern as a potential sleeper to make the final four in my mid season report. I think they could win this game, but I'm going to stick with my prediction on Methodist and take them to the Final Four. Katzen, Mather and Meraz will be too much in the end for Southwestern.

3/28/2016 11:22 AM
Well, I hit 3 out of 4 on my predictions. I underestimated Averett, again. I wouldn't be shocked if we had a USA South Vs USA South national title game.
3/28/2016 2:22 PM
Posted by scoopdogg1 on 3/28/2016 2:22:00 PM (view original):
Well, I hit 3 out of 4 on my predictions. I underestimated Averett, again. I wouldn't be shocked if we had a USA South Vs USA South national title game.
we better!!! no pressure ars!!!

I face taggl again this being our third meeting with La Grange having won the previous two, hopefully I'll wake up to another comforatable margin of victory like the first two, but taggl has Methodist clicking on all cylinders and I honestly think talent wise they are a bit better(probably coaching too)
3/28/2016 2:42 PM
That is one awesome team i face.
3/28/2016 2:52 PM
Final Four Predictions

Averett VS Cal Tech

I predicted both of these teams would be in my final four in the preseason preview. This one looks daunting for Averett, but if there's a coach that can solve this strong Cal Tech team, it is arss. Everything must go right for Averett though I believe, and that might prove to be too much. Cal Tech just has too much balance and fire power. Cal Tech wins by 9.

La Grange VS Methodist

The other 2 USA South teams in this final four are pitted against each other. This series has become quite the rivalry since taggl took over Methodist a few seasons ago. These 2 met in the national title game 5 seasons ago with La Grange winning. This time around, I feel like Methodist will have the upper hand in this one. The Copher Vs Mather or Katzen match up will be fun to read through and the Meraz Vs Primm match up will be fun to read through as well. Methodist by 5.
3/28/2016 8:18 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/28/2016 2:42:00 PM (view original):

I face taggl again this being our third meeting with La Grange having won the previous two, hopefully I'll wake up to another comforatable margin of victory like the first two, but taggl has Methodist clicking on all cylinders and I honestly think talent wise they are a bit better(probably coaching too)
I don't think Methodist is a bit better and as far as coaching goes I don't think you should be selling yourself so short...you're every bit as good!
3/28/2016 11:38 PM
Posted by taggl on 3/28/2016 11:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/28/2016 2:42:00 PM (view original):

I don't think Methodist is a bit better and as far as coaching goes I don't think you should be selling yourself so short...you're every bit as good!
Well I guess I would've said Methodist has the better grup of guards, but La Grange had the two best overall players? Either way Im not sure how but I had your number this season which was pretty amazing.
3/29/2016 7:55 AM
And it ends, Cal Tech was the last team to do it, and they knock off La Grange to end the USAS title domination. 35-0 for Cal Tech and piman's 2nd at Cal Tech.

Cal Tech's bench was the key. 35 points(over half their scoring) on 11-22 shooting (50%) and 12-17 FT shooting(71%)
compared to La Grange's poor bench performance of 6-17 (35%) and only 1/2 FT's as well as 8 TO's, Copher and Jones did play out of their minds to make it a game.

Looking ahead Cal Tech loses 3 seniors, with Powers being a key piece to this run, but returns their large junior class, with rising junior guard William Connor and rising rs sophomore center Dennis McBride looking to make big contributions next season. Cal Tech should be in the think of things next season and should expect a final four or better. Also take note of their schedule they played all sims this season, but are going to be battle tested before NT starts with all 10 slots filled including games against the entire University conference basically.

La Grange loses their big senior class and it's core of Copher/Primm/Stokes. However I do return some key pieces and with the expected development I won't fall to far.. Perine and Jones started this season and Perine still has blue LP(90+ pot) and Montgomery will be a big part of the offense next season as he will max around 93+ LP and 65 per. The rising sophomores are also a offensive heavy class with Brown at 87 LP to begin with, Beals maxing at 99 per, and Pillsbury maxing at 95 LP. Every returning player is either 85+ lp/per or a PG with 80 bh/pas. Depending on the class this team probably will be expected to make a run to the S16, if it's a good class and the returning players develop quickly an Elite 8 run isn't out of the question with proper coaching.
3/30/2016 1:30 PM
Pre-recruiting S93 preview will be up sometime this afternoon, when I get a little down time.
4/1/2016 12:25 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Season 92/End of season 92, early preview for S93 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.