History of Trades Topic

Flames dont have a lot of steals, but I loved getting Kipper from San Jose for a second round pick, granted he was buried, a second round pick for a goalie of his calibre was damn good.

2/11/2010 12:26 PM
I think that the flyers giving up what they did to get lindross was quite pricey. I know that personally I would have rather had forsberg then lindross.
2/13/2010 12:21 PM
On June 30, 1992, Lindros was sent to the Flyers for Peter Forsberg, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Kerry Huffman, Steve Duchesne, two first-round picks (one used to select Jocelyn Thibault and the other traded twice, eventually used by the Capitals to draft Nolan Baumgartner) and $15 million.

All the Flyers have to show for the trade is an unsuccessful trip to the 1997 Stanley Cup finals. At the other end of the rink, the Avalanche has captured a pair of Stanley Cups, in 1996 and 2001.

The trade's tentacles continue to reach far and wide. For example, the Avalanche used components of the Lindros trade to later acquire superstar goalie Patrick Roy, wing Alex Tanguay and defensemen Ray Bourque and Rob Blake.
2/15/2010 4:19 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/16/2010 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by andru2797 on 2/11/2010One of the trades that helped shape the next decade for my beloved Hawks (and not in a good way) was the Dominik Hasek trade.

In one of the 90's most lopsided trades, Chicago traded Hasek to the Buffalo Sabres for goalie Stephane Beauregard and a fourth-round draft choice with which the Hawks selected Eric Daze.

This was the first in a long line of bonehead moves by the Hawks, including trading Jeremy Roenick to the Coyotes for Alexei Zhamnov and a bag of pucks,and Ed Belfour for Ulf Dahlen, Chris Terreri, and some Christmas decorations. Thus the slide into mediocrity began.

At least we can take solace in the Matt Ellison-for-Patrick Sharp and Brandon Bochenski-for-Kris Versteeg deals that followed.

IMO, matt ellison is a decent player, he was just never given a chance at the NHL level. he tore it up in the BCHL his final season. had a great year in the dub. had twelve points in 26 games with chicago, which isn't bad for his first big league stint. then he was traded to philly, who only wanted him to play on their farm club phantoms. he's playing in the KHL now, and has 39 points in 55 games for Dinamo Riga. he could have probably been a decent third liner in the NHL if he didn't get screwed around. :>
2/16/2010 2:14 AM
Yeah, and Doug Wickenheiser and Alexandre Daigle had all the talent in the world too.

Now if you've watched Ellison play, I defer to your opinion, however I'm certain that it's in the hands of the player. If he was really NHL material, then his play in the minors would have given his team no choice but to give him a chance.

The truth is people don't realize that the final jump from the AHL to the NHL is HUGE. It's probably the hardest jump to make in the player's career. That's why you see guys like Alexandre Giroux dominate and score 60 goals in the AHL and never even come close to a regular NHL job. The reason is simply fundamentals. When you're talking about 3rd and 4th liners, they are too replaceable and that's why if they don't do the little things right, they'll never get a sniff.

2/16/2010 9:12 AM
Here is the history of the Neely and a 1 for Peterson trade with the Canucks
5/28/2011 1:26 AM (edited)
Bruins side of Neely-Pederson trade

June 6, 1986: Barry Pederson traded to Vancouver by Boston for Cam Neely and Vancouver's 1st round choice (Glen Wesley) in 1987 Entry Draft.

August 26, 1994: Glen Wesley traded to Hartford by Boston for Hartford's 1st round choices in 1995 (Kyle McLaren), 1996 (Johnathan Aitken), and 1997 (Sergei Samsonov) Entry Drafts.

January 23, 2003: Kyle McLaren traded to San Jose by Boston with Boston's 4th round choice (Torrey Mitchell) in 2004 Entry Draft for Jeff Hackett and Jeff Jillson.

March 9, 2004: Jeff Jillson traded to San Jose by Boston for Brad Boyes.

March 9, 2006: Sergei Samsonov traded to Edmonton by Boston for Marty Reasoner, Yan Stastny and Edmonton's 2nd round choice (Milan Lucic) in 2006 Entry Draft.

February 27, 2007: Brad Boyes traded to St. Louis by Boston for Dennis Wideman.

June 22, 2010: Dennis Wideman traded to Florida by Boston with Boston's 1st round choice (later traded to Los Angeles - Los Angeles selected Derek Forbert) in 2010 Entry Draft and Boston's 3rd round choice in 2011 Entry Draft for Nathan Horton and Gregory Campbell.

5/28/2011 5:21 PM (edited)
Canucks side of Neely-Pederson trade.

June 6, 1986: Cam Neely traded to Boston by Vancouver with Vancouver's 1st round choice in 1987 Entry Draft (Glen Wesley) for Barry Pederson.

January 8, 1990:
Barry Pederson traded to Pittsburgh by Vancouver with Rod Buskas and Tony Tanti for Dave Capuano, Andrew McBain and Dan Quinn.

March 5, 1991: Dan Quinn traded to St. Louis by Vancouver with Garth Butcher for Geoff Courtnall, Robert Dirk, Sergio Momesso, Cliff Ronning and St. Louis' 5th round choice (Brian Loney) in 1992 Entry Draft.

November 3, 1992: Dave Capuano traded to Tampa Bay by Vancouver with Vancouver's 4th round choice (later traded to New Jersey - later traded to Calgary - Calgary selected Ryan Duthie) in 1994 Entry Draft for Anatoli Semenov.

July 8, 1995: Sergio Momesso traded to Toronto by Vancouver for Mike Ridley.
5/28/2011 5:21 PM (edited)
TOTAL BRUINS STATS
Sea   GP   G    A  PTS +/-  PIM  PP SH  GW    S   S%
 49 2956 801 1079 1880 315 2675 249 10 127 6647 12.1

TOTAL CANUCKS STATS (Final)
Sea   GP   G    A  PTS +/-  PIM  PP SH  GW    S   S%
 34 1785 442  764 1206 121 2186 145  5  59 3631 12.2
5/28/2011 1:30 AM
 Too bad Raucous, as much as i like you and Milan ....you guys are goin down..
5/28/2011 1:57 AM
Good defense beats good offense.

....speaking about beating, I just need to beat Boychuk with a baseball bat so he won't screw up the finals.

BRB!
5/28/2011 10:44 AM
Look at that.  Vancouver traded two great power forwards, both born in BC, to Boston
5/28/2011 11:39 AM
Trevor Linden best Canuck ever??.........His trade helped build today's Canuck's.

1998-Linden traded to NY Islanders for Bertuzzi, McCabe, and J Ruutu

1999-At the draft McCabe plus Van 1st (2000) to Chicago for the number 4 pick in draft.  then the 4th ov pick and Van 2nd (1999) traded to Rangers for 2nd ov pick, this trade allow's Vancouver to select Daniel and Henrik Sedin.

2006-Bertuzzi, Allen and Auld to Florida for Luongo, Krajicek and Shirokov.

Ends up Linden for Daniel Sedin and Luongo.  (Shirokov may still workout)

Not to mention 8 productive season's out of Bertuzzi.  Of course Linden returns to the canuck's and enjoy's a few  decent season's to end his carreer.
5/28/2011 1:11 PM (edited)
Posted by raucous on 5/28/2011 10:44:00 AM (view original):
Good defense beats good offense.

....speaking about beating, I just need to beat Boychuk with a baseball bat so he won't screw up the finals.

BRB!
Good beatings are priceless, no matter what Montreal fans think

5/29/2011 12:36 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
History of Trades Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.