Lockout? We may lose another NHL season? WTF? Topic

It's moronic that both sides haven't even bothered to truly negotiate in good faith yet.  As for which side is "right or wrong", they're both wrong.  There's no way that if the owners get the reduction in player salaries that they desire will they be passing the savings along to the fans via cheaper tickets.  The players are living the dream.  I admit that they have to work hard, and pretty much have to give up their lives from since they were children till they are 35, but they get to win the lottery every year!!  Maybe they should all take a few years off and see how the rest of the population to get by these days. 
     As for who should make concessions to get a deal done, I believe it should mostly be the players.  They made off like bandits with this expiring CBA, and now it's time to correct the market.

My proposal - 50/50 revenue split, luxury tax, cap contracts at 5-6 years with compensation equally paid throughout contract.

9/15/2012 4:19 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I could care less .. f#ck both sides ...as long as the Liquor stores are open and we have football ..let them stay on strike for 10 years ..
9/15/2012 8:07 PM
Shane Doan doesnt want to win  by the way ... banging p#ssy isnt a fault ...but hockey wise he doesnt want to win... sweet tanned p#ssy isnt something to sneeze at ..not judging ...but P#ssy takes precedence over stanley cup for Shane ...not that there is nothing wrong with that ...
9/15/2012 8:12 PM
good for you Shaner ...make those B!tches Squeel!!
9/15/2012 8:14 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Solution is simple.  Owners get 48% and players get 48% of hockey related revenues?  Start the season.  Put the other 4% in Escrow and fight over that 4% later.  Win for the fans, win for the owners and win for the players.  Get er done boys.....................Time is money!!!!

If owners want more do the split at 46% owners and 46% players?  Start the season.  Put the other 8% in Escrow and fight over the 8% later.

Key point is START THE FREAKIN SEASON........Lose the ego's and think of the fans for once!!!!
9/16/2012 7:56 PM
Nope.  That still takes 16% (48/57=15.8% less) away from the players.  I usually don't take sides in these issues, but they are screwing the players.  I think Fehr's proposal is good.  They lose 5% of revenue.
9/17/2012 4:52 PM
Fehr's an ***.  Bettman's an ***.
9/19/2012 8:54 PM
Posted by raucous on 9/17/2012 4:52:00 PM (view original):
Nope.  That still takes 16% (48/57=15.8% less) away from the players.  I usually don't take sides in these issues, but they are screwing the players.  I think Fehr's proposal is good.  They lose 5% of revenue.
How can an average salary of 2.4 million per season be screwing the players?  2.4 million per year to be an entertainer.
9/19/2012 9:07 PM
It's not.  However if someone told you right now that you had to take a 20% pay cut, you would probably walk out.
9/21/2012 3:15 PM
For the record I'm on the players' side.  I can't imagine any union (and I am not particularly pro-union) saying "A 20% pay cut?  Sounds awesome!"

When the owners started off with that, it was fairly obvious they have no intention of playing any hockey this season.  

Now if that's your idea of doing business, that every now and then you have to take a season off so you can get what you want, then the NHL can suck a fat dick.

I'm not coming back.  I'm not watching another NHL game; I won't be following the news about who's going where or who Ovechkin is ******* now.  I will still support the girls and boys who want to play, the juniors, the amateurs.  But there's more to life than your ****, gentlemen.

9/21/2012 3:43 PM
Ovenchicken is doing Sergei91 right now.
9/21/2012 6:12 PM
◂ Prev 12
Lockout? We may lose another NHL season? WTF? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.