Is the SEC better top to bottom than other conf? Topic

LSU played bad but who is going to beat them besides Alabama? 

9/30/2012 1:09 AM
In The Swamp.. Florida would beat them if they only play one half of football. They also travel to College Station in a few weeks & if they don't watch out, those Aggies would take them down too. Neither of those are reaches for teams that could beat them that's on their schedule.

The bad news for Florida & Texas A&M is this: LSU will likely be a different team when they play them. Auburn & Towson got the vulnerable weeks & now LSU will likely be a whole lot better against Florida & Texas A&M. However, I have no doubt that if LSU plays as they did against Auburn & Towson against Florida or Texas A&M, they will lose to either of those teams.
9/30/2012 3:29 AM
Posted by cravedogg on 9/30/2012 1:09:00 AM (view original):

If they play like they did against Auburn and Towson any number of teams on their schedule could easily beat them.
9/30/2012 10:29 AM
Posted by tripleh595 on 9/30/2012 12:11:00 AM (view original):

Both LSU & South Carolina played one half of football. You can do that against competition like Towson & Kentucky, but if this kind of play continues: It won't work so well for them as the season rolls on.

Didn't see the LSU game but there was no point in the SC/Kentucky game where I felt Kentucky has a chance to win.   Sure you don't want blocked punts or snaps over your QB's head but those were Kentucky's "big" plays.  Also saw a lot of GA/TN.   TN put up a fight but the outcome was never in question in my mind.   The east is likely sorted out this week.
10/1/2012 12:07 PM
If Florida beats LSU does that mean the East took over as the best division?
10/2/2012 1:52 AM
Posted by mcroker90 on 10/2/2012 1:52:00 AM (view original):
If Florida beats LSU does that mean the East took over as the best division?
Short answer:  yes.
10/2/2012 12:16 PM
Long answer: I also think so.  'Bama might still be King, but there doesn't appear to be much separation between South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and LSU.  They are all good football teams and will spend the next few weeks beating the hell out of each other.  And as Kentucky showed that they can be semi-competitive against South Carolina, the only team that doesn't look capable of winning is Arkansas.  The Razorbacks aren't crap... they have a lot more talent than most bottom-dwellers, but they have no coaching/leadership.  Everyone else is somewhere between.  We'll see how it shakes out but I think the East has clearly added quality on their side while the West has lost some quality on theirs.

10/2/2012 12:40 PM
It seems like the East doesnt have much defense too me that could hurt them.
10/3/2012 8:13 AM
Then you haven't watch GA/SC games.  
10/3/2012 8:44 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/3/2012 8:44:00 AM (view original):
Then you haven't watch GA/SC games.  
I watched the Tenn UGA game that showed me plenty.
10/3/2012 9:44 AM
You might want to watch another game.    7 PM Saturday. 
10/3/2012 10:06 AM
Posted by moranis on 9/30/2012 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cravedogg on 9/30/2012 1:09:00 AM (view original):

If they play like they did against Auburn and Towson any number of teams on their schedule could easily beat them.
like Florida.  
10/6/2012 8:28 PM
Florida did what I expected & took down LSU & exposed them. So, the question is... How good is LSU as a whole? We know their defense is nasty, but if you can't put up more than 12 points.. how many good teams can you beat? South Carolina put up 21 in the first quarter on Georgia.. That's more than LSU has scored against Auburn & Florida combined. South Carolina is a more complete team than LSU right now & after the loss to Florida - Florida seems to be a notch above too.
10/6/2012 9:09 PM

I think Florida just showed they have a nasty defense.  SEC is the land of defense

10/7/2012 1:34 AM
6 teams in the top 12 of the 1st BCS poll.

A&M is also in there at 18th.

Big 12 has 7 in the top 25 also.
Pac 12 has 4

Notre Dame in at 5.

The first time a team from a conference other than Pac 12, Big 12 and SEC (not counting ND) is FSU at 14. ACC also has Clemson in there. Big East has 15,16 and 21 with Rutgers, L'ville and Cincy.

Then Boise St at 22 rounds it out.

Not a single B1G team appearing.

10/14/2012 9:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
Is the SEC better top to bottom than other conf? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.