1. Alabama - thinking they are clearly the team to beat
2. Oregon - as of right now they are #2
3. Florida - their defense looks nasty
4. South Carolina - tough schedule ahead, they will need some luck
5. Kansas State - best team in the Big12 because they play some defense
6. West Virginia - very good team, but they will lose due to their lack of no defense
7. Notre Dame - they just keep rolling along, some big games still on the schedule
8. LSU - losing at Florida is a tough lost, but still a top 10 team
9. USC - they will get stronger as the season progresses, still think they have the best star power when healthy
10. Ohio State - probably the best team in the B1G, but that isn't much. 
10/7/2012 1:32 AM

LSU is not a top 10 team. 

10/7/2012 8:35 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/7/2012 8:35:00 AM (view original):

LSU is not a top 10 team. 

Yep.  They barely beat Auburn which just lost to Arkansas.  Struggled mightily with Towson and then lost to Florida.   At this point, not really even that close to the top ten. Now granted they could get back in there, but clearly shouldn't be in there at this point.
10/7/2012 9:22 AM
Here are mine at this point.

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. South Carolina
4. Florida
5. Kansas State
6. Oregon State
7. Notre Dame
8. Ohio State
9. West Virginia
10. Rutgers
10/7/2012 9:28 AM
Posted by antoncresten on 9/24/2012 3:12:00 PM (view original):
1- ALABAMA
2-LSU
3-SOUTH CAROLINA
4-GEORGIA
5-OREGON
6-KANSAS ST.
7-FLA ST
8-W.VIRGINIA
9-STANFORD
10-TEXAS
1- ALABAMA
2- SOUTH CAROLINA
3- W.VIRGINIA
4- KANSAS ST.
5- OREGON
6- FLORIDA
7- OHIO ST
8- LSU
9-OKLAHOMA
10- RUTGERS

NOTRE DAME, THE FAVOURED ONES ARE BANNED FOR LIFE FROM MY POLLS
10/7/2012 9:49 AM
Posted by moranis on 10/7/2012 9:28:00 AM (view original):
Here are mine at this point.

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. South Carolina
4. Florida
5. Kansas State
6. Oregon State
7. Notre Dame
8. Ohio State
9. West Virginia
10. Rutgers
Give me LSU over Oregon State, Notre Dame, and Rutgers all day long.  LSU is struggling but they would ***** slap any of these teams. 
10/7/2012 4:28 PM
I love the West Viginia ban wagon.  Big problem with WVU, they forgot you have to play defense to win big games. 
10/7/2012 4:28 PM
Obviously Mettenberger isn't the All American QB LSU was hoping for. Their offense is definitely a sore spot. Having said that they beat Washington by 38, while Oregon only won by 31, so it MAY well be that Florida's D is just really that strong. I think that is more of the case than anything else. I know Auburn has a pretty under rated D, and while the Bayou Bengals struggled with Towson, they still managed to put up 38 on them.

Pretty sure if LSU doesn't lose Minter and Alexander on back to back plays, Florida doesn't score on that drive.
Credit Florida for taking advantage of the situation when it presented itself.
Even though Florida won the field position game the entire 1st half, they couldn't score. It wasn't until the two LBs went out that they managed to put points on the board.

I wouldn't be ready to count LSU out just yet. South Carolina will be quite a challenge, but the game is being played in Baton Rouge, so I'm still hopeful they might have a good showing, although I don't think Alexander will be back and that will definitely hurt.

10/7/2012 6:09 PM (edited)
Oct 7

Alabama
Oregon
South Carolina
Oregon St
Florida
Kansas St
West VA
Ohio St
Notre Dame
LSU

10/7/2012 6:06 PM
WV and Kansas State are ****.    Good teams in ****** conferences.   Both would get steamrolled by half a dozen teams. 
10/7/2012 6:25 PM
I think Kansas St has a real defense this season. At least the best D in the Big 12 (Which might not mean a whole lot, but so far they seem to be solid).

West VA is potent on offense, but yeah that D isn't going to win any games against any real good teams.

Still at this point 5-0 is impressive enough to warrant a top ten spot IMO, although I don't think W VA will finish in the top 10.

10/7/2012 6:38 PM
Yeah, they're top 10 teams because, if you take them out, you have to replace them with another flawed team. 
10/7/2012 6:57 PM
Posted by gregsimon on 10/7/2012 6:09:00 PM (view original):
Obviously Mettenberger isn't the All American QB LSU was hoping for. Their offense is definitely a sore spot. Having said that they beat Washington by 38, while Oregon only won by 31, so it MAY well be that Florida's D is just really that strong. I think that is more of the case than anything else. I know Auburn has a pretty under rated D, and while the Bayou Bengals struggled with Towson, they still managed to put up 38 on them.

Pretty sure if LSU doesn't lose Minter and Alexander on back to back plays, Florida doesn't score on that drive.
Even though Florida won the field position game the entire 1st half, they couldn't score. It wasn't until the two LBs went out that they managed to put points on the board.

I wouldn't be ready to count LSU out just yet. South Carolina will be quite a challenge, but the game is being played in Baton Rouge, so I'm still hopeful they might have a good showing, although I don't think Alexander will be back and that will definitely hurt.

Well stated, we have some folks on here that are under estimating Florida.  Lots of NFL bodies on that Florida team.  It was a very hard faught game with Florida prevailing in the second half.  Either team bit the **** out of WVU or KSU.
10/7/2012 8:27 PM
Posted by gregsimon on 10/7/2012 6:09:00 PM (view original):

Did anyone count LSU out?  At this point in the season they aren't a top ten team.  They certainly could get back there if they play well, but to date they have not.  I mean LSU struggled mightly with Auburn and Towson.  Towson.  A FCS team that is below .500.  A top ten team should have destroyed Towson and Auburn never should have had a chance to win.  Again LSU could certainly prove to be a top ten team, hell they might end up at #1 if they win out, but right now, they clearly are not a top tier team.  They just aren't.  Period.
10/7/2012 10:21 PM
LSU's offensive possessions are ending in either a punt or a turnover (fumble or interception) 10 times per game against good competition (Auburn & Florida), so far. That's more than the 8 times that happened for Boise State against Michigan State's defense that was clearly faster & stronger than Boise State's offense & we all know how bad Boise looks on offense this year.

So, no matter how you slice it.. LSU's offense is getting overwhelmed as much as a bad offense on a good team does. I don't accept the excuse of them playing elite defenses, either.. Towson only had their offensive drives against LSU end in a punt or a turnover (fumble or interception) 8 times, as well. LSU is performing at a low level on offense. That's really all there is to it. 

10/8/2012 1:18 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...16 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.