But, in the interest of fairness, LSU shitkicked SC and won by 2.    SC steamrolled GA.  The score told that story.

But the final score doesn't always tell the story.   Which is why it annoys me when someone says FL crushed SC.   They didn't.
11/26/2012 6:44 PM
Furthermore, ND plays for the Natty but I think they're the 9th best team behind the 6 SEC teams and OR/KS.  
11/26/2012 6:51 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 11/26/2012 6:23:00 PM (view original):
Not a lot of difference between FSU and Stanford?  Stanford is at a 6 average in the BCS computers and FSU is 19, that doesn't just happen with a few subtle differences in the resume.

Stanford has at least 4 of the best 5 wins between the two, and I would argue their losses are both "better" as well.
Yeah maybe you could argue Nebraska's resume is as weak as FSU's.

As for SC well  they lost in Gainesville. FSU lost to the Gators in Tallahassee. 
SC beat Clemson in Clemson by 10. While FSU only won by 12 in Tallahassee.
S Carolina also beat Georgia pretty badly. So S Carolina has 2 quality wins vs FSU's one.

Seems like I remember someone saying they wouldn't feel bad for a team who lost twice at home.

but Stanford?

Stanford beat Oregon in Eugene. I would even argue Stanford's wins at UCLA and vs Oregon St are also more impressive than anything FSU has done.

I also think Washington is a better team than NC State. Tennessee even beat NC State.

11/26/2012 7:36 PM (edited)
You guys should join this; we have one every year, and it's fun.

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=462010

edit: 9 teams in so far.

11/29/2012 1:31 PM
Told you Nebraska was a good team.

12/2/2012 11:19 AM (edited)
That is the Wisconsin team I thought would be here all year.  They finally played to their talent level in their biggest game of the year.
12/2/2012 12:28 PM
Based on my playoff criteria this would be my 16 team playoff

Again my criteria are as follows: a 16 team playoff with the champion of all 11 conferences and the 5 next best teams (regardless of conference) making the playoffs with a caveat for conference champions. 

For a champion to qualify it must meet 1 of the following
  • 11-1 or better record (no FCS games counted)
  • ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS standings
  • at least 10 wins (no FCS games counted) and be ranked in the top 32 of the final BCS standings

1. Notre Dame v. 16. Boise St.
2. Alabama v. 15. Northern Illinois
3. Florida v. 14. Clemson
4. Oregon v. 13. Oregon St.
5. Kansas St. v. 12. Florida St.
6. Stanford v. 11. Oklahoma
7. Georgia v. 10. South Carolina
8. Louisiana St. v. 9. Texas A&M

Based on my criteria the following conference champions failed to qualify - Louisville (not 10 wins against FBS), Utah State (not 10 wins against FBS), Wisconsin (not 10 wins against FBS), and Tulsa (ranked 34th)

I would be open to some slight seeding modifications to avoid conference rematches, but for now didn't want to start tinkering with that sort of thing. 
12/4/2012 10:41 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/26/2012 6:51:00 PM (view original):
Furthermore, ND plays for the Natty but I think they're the 9th best team behind the 6 SEC teams and OR/KS.  
Good call, MikeT.
1/7/2013 9:57 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/18/2012 8:20:00 AM (view original):
1,  Alabama
2, Georgia
3.  Florida
4. LSU
5. South Carolina
6. Texas AM
7. Oregon
8. Kansas State
9. FSU
10. Clemson
Another good call, MikeT.
1/7/2013 10:01 PM
Odd.  No one wants to comment.
1/8/2013 7:35 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/18/2012 10:56:00 AM (view original):
Watched the ND game with a ND fan yesterday.  Of course, we didn't forsee OR/KS losing but he kept yammering on about "wanting Bama".    I told he that he should want no part of any of the top 6 SEC teams, KS or OR.     FSU/Clemson would be a good match for ND and I think ND would lose. 
Good call, MikeT.
1/9/2013 8:55 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/8/2012 4:10:00 PM (view original):
That would be a poor choice.   While ND could certainly win against any of the following, they are not "better":

GA, FL, SC, LSU, FSU, Clemson

I've got a friend who's a big ND fan so I've watched almost all of their games.   They are slow on both sides of the ball.  The SEC teams would maul them from the defensive side of the ball and the ACC teams would put 50 up. 
Spot on, MikeT!!!!
1/9/2013 8:58 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/9/2012 10:40:00 AM (view original):
I'm indifferent towards ND and FSU.   But I've watched almost all of ND's games and they are midwest slow. 
Genius evaluation, MikeT!!!!
1/9/2013 8:59 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/4/2012 10:18:00 AM (view original):
If the natty isn't AL/OR, they shouldn't hold one. 

KState vs. 2-5 SEC would be a good game.

ND should play someone along the lines of FSU, Louisville or Clemson.  That's their talent level.
What?  Looks about right today!
1/9/2013 9:01 AM
Are you claiming genious status for telling everyone the SEC continues to set the bar for college football?

Best part of the Bama-ND post game was listening to Urban Meyer. He knows his team isn't ready to play with the SEC and knows the rest of the country isn't ready either. Meyer knows non BCS Championship Bowl games are a poor method for judging teams. Meyer knows the SEC is going to win the next 2 to 3 national title for sure. His body language said everything. Then I listened to Eddie George this morning on Sirius Radio and he talked about how he and Urban Meyer watched pregame warm ups and Meyer was in Awe of the Alabama players.

SEC is so far ahead of the rest of the country it isn't even funny.
1/9/2013 11:30 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.