If ND loses (which is the only way in which any of this is relevant, otherwise we get ND vs. the SEC champion), I think sentiment against another SEC/SEC title game will be enough to keep Oregon where they are relative to Florida in the polls regardless of how they look as long as they win.  But as long as Florida beats FSU, I doubt they can gain enough ground in the computers without getting into the Pac 12 title game.
11/19/2012 11:34 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/19/2012 11:17:00 AM (view original):
I don't know.  I think OR was exposed a bit on Saturday.   If they don't blow out OSU and UCLA, I don't know if they hang onto their human rankings.
Of course they will hang on to the human ranking, they will actually move up to #2 (assuming ND loses), of course Florida will also move up to #3.  The key is though that Oregon will gain more ground in the computers than Florida will gain in the human polls. 
11/19/2012 11:59 AM

But only if Oregon gets to the Pac 12 title game.  Would you even set that at 50/50 right now?  What's UCLA playing for this weekend? 

11/19/2012 12:14 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 11/19/2012 12:14:00 PM (view original):

But only if Oregon gets to the Pac 12 title game.  Would you even set that at 50/50 right now?  What's UCLA playing for this weekend? 

BCS bowl game even if they lose the Pac 12 title game.
11/19/2012 12:29 PM
Posted by moranis on 11/19/2012 12:29:00 PM (view original):

No way they end the season in the top 16 without 2 wins.

11/19/2012 12:30 PM
SO in theory would it be better for UCLA to lose this weekend then beat Stanford the following weekend?
11/19/2012 12:35 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 11/19/2012 12:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 11/19/2012 12:29:00 PM (view original):

No way they end the season in the top 16 without 2 wins.

I don't know there are a lot of teams ahead of them that are also going to lose and not many teams behind them that could move up.  They would have a shot if they beat Stanford and then lost to Oregon of finishing in the top 16.  Probably slim, but still a shot, nonetheless.  Of course even if they are eligible they might not get picked anyway.
11/19/2012 12:39 PM
Whether they can get to the top 16 without winning 2 or not, I have a hard time seeing them getting picked anywhere except the Rose, and that option would only be available if Oregon sneaks back into the title game.

Their season comes down to the Pac 12 title game, and they should handle this week accordingly, whatever that looks like.
11/19/2012 1:13 PM
If Florida beats FSU they will get a nice bounce in the ratings.  Right now FLA is #2 in the computers and ending the season with a win over FSU will be huge.  If ND loses and FLA beats FSU we are just about guaranteed an all SEC BCS title game.  The more I think about it the more I think it might happen.  Although, I am sort of hoping for GA to beat Bama and play ND for the BCS title.  That would then give the SEC 6 different BCS title teams which is just crazy.  The depth of the SEC is mind boggling
11/19/2012 3:29 PM
I think the anti-all-SEC NC bias is already showing up in the polls:

USA Today Poll has

#4 ORE
#5 FSU
#6 FLA

ORE lost to the current BCS #8, STA.
FSU lost to an unranked team, NCST.
FLA lost to the current BCS #3, Georgia.

FSU has only played one currently-BCS-ranked team, #11 CLE, and won.
ORE beat #24 (ARZ), #25 (WASH),.
FLA beat BCS #9 (TXAM), BCS #7 (LSU), BCS #12 (SC).

Somehow, both ORE and FSU are AHEAD of FLA in the poll--what kind of **** is that??
(and for the record... I hate the Gaytors as much as any team in sports, but this is retarded).

11/19/2012 4:59 PM
FLA beats FSU and ND loses to USC we are guranteed an all SEC BCS Title Game.  that is just a fact.  Computers have FLA as #2 and a win over FSU only helps them in the human polls. 
11/19/2012 6:37 PM
Oregon only managed 14 points against the first team on their schedule that plays pretty solid defense.

I'd hate to see another all SEC title game, but if ND loses it's probably going to happen.

Although inkdskn makes a good point about the ability of the human voters to snub the idea and give the nod to Oregon.

11/19/2012 8:26 PM
Posted by gregsimon on 11/19/2012 8:26:00 PM (view original):
Oregon only managed 14 points against the first team on their schedule that plays pretty solid defense.

I'd hate to see another all SEC title game, but if ND loses it's probably going to happen.

Although inkdskn makes a good point about the ability of the human voters to snub the idea and give the nod to Oregon.

Similarly Florida laid 37 on FSU's "best defense in the nation". The Gators averaged under 26 during SEC play.

So it would seem that the average SEC defense is better than FSUs, wouldn't it?

Clemson's "top 3" offense only managed 17 vs the Gamecocks. Florida managed 44 against SC.

What's the line going to be for Clemson vs LSU?

SEC should dominate in the bowls this season. Georgia vs Michigan, A&M vs Texas, Northwestern vs SC.

Oklahoma/Florida should be interesting, but is the Sooner's defense really any good? One of the best in the Big12 yeah, but outside the Big12, probably not so much. Florida should put up 35-40 on them and I doubt OU can score close to that on the Gators.

Wisconsin might actually give Miss St a game, especially since Miss St has lost 4 of their last 5, but I think the Bulldogs still win that game.
11/25/2012 3:41 PM
FL had less than 200 yards against SC.   Total points might not be the best way to evaluate a defense/offense on a per game basis.
11/25/2012 5:01 PM
Right. That's the best scoring game Florida had all season.

Only other games they scored as much as they did against FSU was vs KY and TN.
So it would seem FSU's "D" is on par with the two worst teams in the SEC East.

11/25/2012 5:30 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.