Playoffs, a season early Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 11/4/2013 7:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 11/3/2013 9:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/3/2013 4:23:00 PM (view original):
I'll give a good team a bad game.    While you may consider that "disregarding resumes", I don't.    IMO, any fictional playoff this season that doesn't include Bama, Oregon, FSU would be a farce(providing none of them **** the bed in multiple games down the stretch).    So, to me, there's one spot left and I'd like to see a team that's capable of beating the top 3 get that spot.  I don't think it's OSU.  But, to be fair, the only game I watched a significant portion of was against Northwestern.  I was not impressed.   Saw less than a quarter against WI.  Not impressed.    I don't think anyone else they played has a winning record.
Northwestern doesn't have a winning record.  They are 4-5.  Wisconsin 6-2, Buffalo 6-2, Penn State 5-3, Iowa 5-4.  That would be 4 teams.

BTW, those 4 victories against FBS teams with winning records exceed every other major conference unbeaten.  Oregon has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record (UCLA and Washington): Baylor 2 teams (Buffalo and La Monroe): FSU 3 teams (Miami, Clemson, and Maryland): even the mighty Alabama has only beaten 3 teams with a winning record (A&M, Va Tech, and Ole Miss).

I'm not suggesting that Wisconsin is the best win (it is not), but am merely pointing out the nonsense you keep spewing to discredit Ohio State for no apparent reason.  At least be accurate in your hate, otherwise you just look like the ******* you are.
So your argument is that OSU struggled to beat a 4-5 team?    Good argument, dipshit. 
No my argument is you are full of crap.  You just make **** up to support your nonsensical gut feeling about how good you think teams are, which isn't based on anything other than some mythical feeling.

And to be clear, Ohio State has a "bad" game against Northwestern and they don't get a pass, but Stanford loses to Utah and they get a pass.  Give me a ******* break.  No good team should ever lose to Utah.  Utah is terrible.  It is a totally indefensible loss.  No excuses whatsoever.  You can't just write that off as a good team having a bad game. 
11/4/2013 8:05 AM
What **** is made up?   The scores and stats are out there for everyone to see.   OSU hasn't beaten a good team this season.   And they won't because they won't play one.    They'll win the B1G and go to the Rose Bowl.   I can only hope they meet Stanford.    Then, after a severe asskicking, you'll crawl back into your hole until next August. 
11/4/2013 8:38 AM
So you have arbitrarily now decided what a good team is.  Got it.  Just so we are clear what is the good team that Baylor has beaten?  Is UCLA better than Wisconsin?  How would anyone know?  What about A&M, how much better than Wisconsin are they?  I mean A&M's best win is the powerhouse that is Ole Miss.  And Wisconsin's other loss was that weird 2 point loss at Arizona State in which they got totally and utterly shafted on that last play (you know the one where the Pac 12 admitted after the game that their refs ****** up and shafted Wisconsin out of the game winning FG attempt).

You just come up with arbitrary **** and constantly contradict yourself to fit whatever agenda you want to push in the moment. 
11/4/2013 9:25 AM
You know by watcing football.   If you can't, you can look at stats.   Cal threw for 371 yards against OSU.   Three-seventy-one.     They got 176 against Oregon.  
11/4/2013 9:37 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/4/2013 9:37:00 AM (view original):
You know by watcing football.   If you can't, you can look at stats.   Cal threw for 371 yards against OSU.   Three-seventy-one.     They got 176 against Oregon.  
And Ohio State had 608 yards against Cal while Oregon had 381.  I fail to see your point with your random stats.
11/4/2013 10:56 AM
Of course you don't.   Would you like me to post some other passing yards vs. OSU?     They have a poor defense and they don't have the team speed to keep up with the high-scoring offenses.    They're fine in the plodding B1G.  Not so much outside the midwest.  That's my point. 

ND last season.   Exposed and overmatched once they played a good team.
11/4/2013 12:27 PM
So I guess Stanford and Oklahoma weren't good teams last year. 

Ohio State has given up 223 yards per game passing and just 88 yards per game rushing.  Cal at 503 and NW at 437 are the only two teams to even crack 400 total yards against Ohio State. 

Even the best defense in the country (Alabama) gave up 628 yards to A&M, which btw is the most yards A&M has gained in any game against a FBS opponent this year.  I guess that means Alabama's defense is terrible since they gave up so many yards and only won by 7.
11/4/2013 4:47 PM
Would you be willing to take OSU over Stanford or Oregon?
11/4/2013 5:07 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/4/2013 5:07:00 PM (view original):
Would you be willing to take OSU over Stanford or Oregon?
at home absolutely.  In the Rose Bowl or other neutral site, yes.  Pure road game, probably not.
11/4/2013 6:48 PM
Pick the amount for the Rose Bowl assuming Stanford/Oregon. 
11/4/2013 6:51 PM
it would be close, something like 35-31.
11/5/2013 7:59 AM
I was proposing a wager.   I'm certain, on a neutral field, that Stanford/Oregon would kick OSU's ***. 
11/5/2013 8:12 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/5/2013 8:12:00 AM (view original):
I was proposing a wager.   I'm certain, on a neutral field, that Stanford/Oregon would kick OSU's ***. 
I never bet on sporting events.  Never have.  Never will.  Of course I might consider it if you were giving a bunch of points, since you are so confident.
11/5/2013 8:33 AM
I see.   You seem to think I was "making **** up" and "hating on OSU for no reason".

Just giving you an opp to shut me up.   Or back up your nonsense.
11/5/2013 9:47 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/5/2013 9:47:00 AM (view original):
I see.   You seem to think I was "making **** up" and "hating on OSU for no reason".

Just giving you an opp to shut me up.   Or back up your nonsense.
so how many points are you giving me?  Since you think they are going to get crushed it shouldn't be an issue for you to give me a ton of points.
11/5/2013 11:09 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...28 Next ▸
Playoffs, a season early Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.