Playoffs, a season early Topic

"Not a rasslin' fan because I'm an adult". That has zero to do with being an adult. If you were smart enough to become a voice of wisdom, you would've long figured something simple like that out.
11/6/2013 5:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/6/2013 8:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 11/6/2013 6:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/5/2013 8:25:00 PM (view original):
Are Clemson and Miami eliminated in your world?
What on earth would make you think I think that? I mean I'm sure it wasn't all of the times I pointed out how horrible Utah was.  Or maybe it was all those times I said, it wasn't like they lost to a good team like Oregon, UCLA, Arizona State, or even an Oregon State.  Utah is a horrible team.  You can't lose to a horrible team. 

So me saying that means I eliminate teams that lose to Florida State.  Got it.  You really are a moron.

They didn't lose.  They got shitkicked.   If you can't compete with the top, why should you be given a chance at the National Championship when the mighty Buckeyes are undefeated.

And quit being a 12 y/o old *******.    Just say "OSU should be in a 4 team playoff no matter what.   They're undefeated and, as long as they remain so, a 1 loss team cannot pass them."    ********.

Ohio State is and should be ahead of both Clemson and Miami (just as they are with Stanford).  Both of those teams would have real issues getting into a 4 team playoff this year because of whom and how they lost.  Still it is a better loss than Stanford's loss to Utah.  Stanford needs to win out.  If they do that then they would certainly be in there in the discussion.  A win against Oregon can make up a lot of ground on a terrible loss like Utah.  If Alabama loses a close game to LSU and then wins out and wins the SEC title, I could see an argument as to why they would deserve to be ahead of an unbeaten Ohio State, but that is the only team that would potentially be ahead of an unbeaten Ohio State with a loss.
11/6/2013 6:45 PM
Hypothetically, if Stanford wins a close one tonight, do you see any way both could be ahead of OSU?
11/7/2013 8:21 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/7/2013 8:21:00 AM (view original):
Hypothetically, if Stanford wins a close one tonight, do you see any way both could be ahead of OSU?
neither Oregon nor Stanford would be ahead of Ohio State if Stanford beats Oregon.  Stanford would have the better argument though even with the loss to Utah as Stanford has played a significantly better schedule than Oregon at this point in the season.
11/7/2013 11:40 AM

So, as long as OSU remains undefeated, they should be in a 4 team playoff?

11/7/2013 12:14 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/7/2013 12:14:00 PM (view original):

So, as long as OSU remains undefeated, they should be in a 4 team playoff?

this year that is how it would out yes, but it isn't an automatic like you seem to think I believe it is.  It is quite simply the reality of the situation.  Ohio State is currently 4th (by all reasonable people).  The only team that could potentially move ahead of them would be Stanford (which I think is silly), but if Stanford does do that it will mean that Oregon lost to Stanford tonight, which means Ohio State would move ahead of Oregon.  No other team behind Ohio State in the standings, including Baylor, would have any shot at moving ahead of Ohio State into 4th.  The only team of the 3 ahead of them that could lose and possibly finish ahead of an unbeaten Ohio State is Alabama, and for that to happen Bama would have to lose a very close game to LSU and then crush everyone else on their way to a SEC title (and it would certainly help Bama's case if Missouri and Auburn didn't lose another game till Bama).
11/7/2013 2:33 PM
Then, at 6:45 last night, why didn't you just respond "Yes" to this:  "OSU should be in a 4 team playoff no matter what.   They're undefeated and, as long as they remain so, a 1 loss team cannot pass them."   
11/7/2013 2:37 PM
Honestly, there are 4-5 teams, IMO, that can pass an undefeated OSU by playing well.    Won/loss record isn't the only barometer in my book.
11/7/2013 4:01 PM
Stanford, Baylor, Auburn and Oklahoma have all passed the eye test.   And, as I mentioned earlier, I think all 4 would beat OSU on a neutral field.  I suspect Baylor or Oklahoma with be exposed ala Clemson/Miami tonight.   Auburn/Stanford could get exposed by Bama/Oregon although I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Stanford win a close one tonight.    If so, I wouldn't immediately jump OSU over Oregon if Oregon plays well.   But I'd put Stanford ahead of OSU again. 
11/7/2013 4:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/7/2013 2:37:00 PM (view original):
Then, at 6:45 last night, why didn't you just respond "Yes" to this:  "OSU should be in a 4 team playoff no matter what.   They're undefeated and, as long as they remain so, a 1 loss team cannot pass them."   
Because it isn't no matter, I just can't for see a situation in which it happens.  I just don't think it is automatic.  I mean if Baylor keeps crushing people like it has been, there could be an argument there, but I look at the KSU game and can't see how Baylor rolls through OU, TT, UT, and OSU.  If it did, I could see an argument for it over Ohio State.

11/7/2013 4:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/7/2013 4:23:00 PM (view original):
Stanford, Baylor, Auburn and Oklahoma have all passed the eye test.   And, as I mentioned earlier, I think all 4 would beat OSU on a neutral field.  I suspect Baylor or Oklahoma with be exposed ala Clemson/Miami tonight.   Auburn/Stanford could get exposed by Bama/Oregon although I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Stanford win a close one tonight.    If so, I wouldn't immediately jump OSU over Oregon if Oregon plays well.   But I'd put Stanford ahead of OSU again. 
You need to get your eyes checked and your prescription changed.  I mean seriously a team loses to Utah passes the eye test.  A team whose best win is Buffalo passes the eye test.  A team that got crushed by Texas (who was crushed by BYU and Ole Miss) passes the eye test.  Auburn has looked pretty good so far, but does have a 14 point loss on its ledger.
11/7/2013 4:29 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/7/2013 4:01:00 PM (view original):
Honestly, there are 4-5 teams, IMO, that can pass an undefeated OSU by playing well.    Won/loss record isn't the only barometer in my book.
that's because you are an idiot.
11/7/2013 4:29 PM
Baylor would be undefeated.    Is it correct, other than Bama, you see no scenario where a 1 loss team passes OSU?

There really aren't many options, other than Stanford/Oregon being 1 loss teams, where it is possible.  Baylor and Bama go undefeated.   Oregon and Stanford both lose 1(meaning Stanford win tonight).   OSU is still in the imaginary 4 team playoff, right?    

We could even add Auburn beats Bama leaving Baylor, OSU and FSU as the undefeateds.    OSU is still in with 1 loss Bama, Auburn, Oregon and Stanford, right?
11/7/2013 4:32 PM
Posted by moranis on 11/7/2013 4:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/7/2013 4:01:00 PM (view original):
that's because you are an idiot.
Didn't I tell you to stop acting like a 12 y/o *******?    Do it or are you also watching some rasslin' while posting?
11/7/2013 4:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/7/2013 4:32:00 PM (view original):
Baylor would be undefeated.    Is it correct, other than Bama, you see no scenario where a 1 loss team passes OSU?

There really aren't many options, other than Stanford/Oregon being 1 loss teams, where it is possible.  Baylor and Bama go undefeated.   Oregon and Stanford both lose 1(meaning Stanford win tonight).   OSU is still in the imaginary 4 team playoff, right?    

We could even add Auburn beats Bama leaving Baylor, OSU and FSU as the undefeateds.    OSU is still in with 1 loss Bama, Auburn, Oregon and Stanford, right?
In your last scenario a 4 team playoff would be 1. FSU 2. OSU 3. Baylor and 4 is where it gets interesting between Auburn and Stanford for #4.  I suspect it would be Stanford, but it would be very hard to deny the SEC.  Alabama and Oregon would be out by virtue of losing to another team in the mix and not winning their conference.  I don't think there would be any question about that.  Just a battle between Auburn and Stanford for the last spot.

Baylor will not pass an unbeaten Ohio State.  Just not going to happen.  Baylor's schedule is worse than Ohio State's (and I'm counting the whole season not just to this point) and they are Baylor (sad but true reality).  The lack of a Big 12 title game hurts Baylor a lot as well.  If both Auburn and Stanford make it in in your last scenario it will be at Baylor's expense, not Ohio State's.  Your insane hate of Ohio State is clouding what little judgment you have left in your head.
11/7/2013 5:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...28 Next ▸
Playoffs, a season early Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.