Playoffs, a season early Topic

yeah that one is a classic.
12/3/2013 9:38 AM
Who's your 4 team playoff right now given Bama's loss:

#1-FSU vs. #4-Bama

#2-Ohio State vs. #3-SEC Champ (Auburn or Mizzou)

This assumes Ohio State and FSU win their CCG's.....if either stumble, then Okla State jumps in as #4 seed and we have an SEC vs. SEC matchup in round 1.  I don't think you can justify forcing the #1 seed FSU having to play either Bama or the AU/UM winner in round 1.
12/3/2013 5:51 PM
It's not like the #1 seed gets to pick who they get to play.
12/3/2013 6:37 PM
I'm fairly certain the committee would ultimately put Bama at #4 (assuming OSU, FSU both win), but I'm sure there would be some debate if the other OSU wins the Big 12 with just the 1 very early loss before they went with their current QB.
12/3/2013 7:15 PM
Naw they'd bone Oklahoma St for their loss vs a bad team, just like when they screwed them over two years ago.
12/3/2013 7:29 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 12/3/2013 7:29:00 PM (view original):
Naw they'd bone Oklahoma St for their loss vs a bad team, just like when they screwed them over two years ago.
Oh I'm sure Alabama would get the nod, I just think there would be some discussion about the other OSU. 
12/3/2013 8:14 PM
Either way, I think it would be hard to argue that OK State is the better team. 
12/4/2013 8:24 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/4/2013 8:24:00 AM (view original):
Either way, I think it would be hard to argue that OK State is the better team. 
True, but they do have a common opponent in MSU.  OSU won 21-3 at a neutral site and Bama won 20-7 at MSU.  Baylor is also by far the highest ranked victory for either team.  Oklahoma is also right behind LSU in the rankings right now and well ahead of Texas A&M (Bama's 2nd best win) who is just 1 spot ahead of Texas (OSU's 3rd best win assuming they beat OU).

There are plenty of arguments why Oklahoma State as the Big 12 champion would deserve that 4th spot ahead of Alabama.  All that said it would more than likely be Alabama and none of it might matter after the weekend (they both might be in or OSU could lose rendering the point moot). 
12/4/2013 9:21 AM
If I was going to attack Bama, I wouldn't go after their one loss.  Maybe Auburn shouldn't have been in position to win but they way they won was flukey(just like they won against GA).  I'd go after their wins/schedule.    130something offensive yards against VaTech.   Gave up 42 to TAMU.   And split with Auburn/LSU.   Didn't play anyone else except Miss State and only won by 13.  
12/4/2013 1:58 PM
Not surprisingly, Winston's accuser was drunk.    Much like Rapelisberger's accuser, I suspect she did say "no" at some point.   However, I'm not sure she knows when she said it.    Doesn't mean Winston isn't a dirtbag rapist but it does mean there's no case to be had.
12/5/2013 12:47 PM
Holy ****.   .46 BA content.   I thought that was lethal. 

Either way, no wonder the cop said "You probably don't want to press charges."
12/5/2013 1:41 PM
Well, crap, now they're saying the toxicology(sp?) reports do not support her claim that she drinking heavily.
12/5/2013 2:02 PM
It was .04, which isn't even impaired, though who knows what it was when the relations occurred.
12/5/2013 2:59 PM
Meyer got totally out coached by Dantonio tonight.  Very disappointing end to the season. 

Looks like Ohio State will take on Clemson in the Orange Bowl (which has the first pick and will almost certainly pick Ohio State).  I'd have much rather gone to the Sugar to play Alabama as that one interests me a lot more, but Clemson should be a win for the Buckeyes. 
12/8/2013 12:04 AM
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22|23|24...28 Next ▸
Playoffs, a season early Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.