D vs. No D MLB 104683 Topic

$100m cap. NO:trades, WW, AAA, DH.  You may choose: either every player on your team must have FIELDING and RANGE B+ or better, or C- or worse. Catcher's arm and range excluded, but his fielding must be in compliance. Pitchers excluded from defensive considerations. we need 12 and 12. Standard 24 team league, live play restricted to next series.
3/11/2013 2:18 AM (edited)
SIGN UPS: D-1. Pfattkatt                                               No D 1. Ricky'sdad44
                          2. Jfranco                                                          2. fan41
                          3. Justinlee                                                       3. reddtrain
                          4. kriz

3/12/2013 5:12 PM (edited)
defense please
3/8/2013 2:57 PM
defense as well.
3/8/2013 6:57 PM
I'm in. I haven't decided on D or no-D so I'll wait. But I have a question. Are the leagues going to be mixed or will it be one league D and the other no-D?
3/8/2013 8:31 PM
I love me some defense... Sign me up. 
3/8/2013 8:37 PM
Posted by rickysdad44 on 3/8/2013 8:31:00 PM (view original):
I'm in. I haven't decided on D or no-D so I'll wait. But I have a question. Are the leagues going to be mixed or will it be one league D and the other no-D?
Pfattkatt - I have another question. What about secondary positions? Can I draft a player whose primary position is D/D- but is say, B+/D- in a secondary position? Or do all of their positions have to be C-/C- or under?
3/8/2013 9:04 PM
Posted by rickysdad44 on 3/8/2013 9:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rickysdad44 on 3/8/2013 8:31:00 PM (view original):
Pfattkatt - I have another question. What about secondary positions? Can I draft a player whose primary position is D/D- but is say, B+/D- in a secondary position? Or do all of their positions have to be C-/C- or under?
Referring to the No-D teams of course. 
3/8/2013 9:05 PM
well from reading the theme summary it sounds like players have to meet the criteria for EVERY position they play.
3/8/2013 9:53 PM
I really don't want to have to constantly send in tickets for forfeits, so yes, every position has to meet the criteria.
3/8/2013 11:28 PM
I'm still pondering joining.  In regard to the secondary positions, I've been in leagues like this in the past, and there was something of an honor system where owners agreed not to deliberately use their players in violation of the defense rules and also set their player hierarchies to not include players whose defense didn't meet the requirements.  This worked out quite well and allowed people to use the good fielding OF who happened to have a D-/D- rating for a couple games at SS and the lousy fielding 3B who happened to have had a few good-fielding games at 1B.  Since I haven't committed to join, I don't really have any business talking, but that scenario worked well for leagues in the past.
3/9/2013 12:58 AM
I am willing to go along with that. There certainly were several playeers I would have drafted, except they were inferiorly rated at another P. guys, what say you? Will we all comply?
3/9/2013 5:24 AM
I would pfattkatt... I know there were several ace defenders at a certain position I wanted to use but couldn't because they played some other position crappily.
3/9/2013 11:28 AM
Ok. I've decided to start off the No-D list. And I would comply as otherwise it would undermine the spirit of the league. And what fun would that be?
3/9/2013 11:53 AM
justinlee, I do not doubt you at all, and I suppose that, all things considered, that if you have a guy who is B+/B+ and we play him where he is worse, it is to our disadvantage to do so. I would go back and redraft a few postions, so let's let it go. Let's eliminate that restriction, and if we play him out of his best defensive position, OK. But, on the negative side, while it would be wasteful spending to play a guy at a position where his D is inferior, since salaries are based on his best D ratings. Let's take the risk, and let it go. I will eliminate that restriction. I think it will make for a better league.
3/9/2013 2:21 PM
12 Next ▸
D vs. No D MLB 104683 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.