Screw Your Neighbor redux--full Topic

Description—Screw your Neighbor League, league number MLB 105358
Guys, this is a second attempt to get this theme right. There's a bunch of guys already committed so get in asap. Theme is only slightly modified to BAN URL HACK in the drafting of teams. Otherwise, all is the same, check out below:

Hey, I’m resurrecting my favorite old theme from the past.
Tired of playing all the same guys? Do you like to actively manage your lineups? In this league, it’s all about drafting the WORST possible team with a salary cap between $76 and $78 Million (total salary cap is $80 million). After the league has filled, the teams will be RANDOMLY REDISTRIBUTED (so yeah, you’ll get someone else’s garbage and the pleasure of watching someone else get yours). You will then have the pleasure of building your team through trades only (no waiver wire). The extra $2 to $4 million is there to help make trades work so active trading is encouraged (a minimum of 8 owners can veto the trade and anyone can be traded off your team).
Other rules: Injuries on, No minors salary cap, No DH, random AAA (6 hitters, 2 pitchers), No Waiver Wire, No Live play. No stadium restrictions. Max IP per pitcher is 300. NO URL HACK in drafting. Each team must have players at each position. All other strategies in play. The main rule is to have some fun!  BONUS: My free team will be given to the original drafter of the team with the worst overall record so draft well!
5/6/2013 6:33 PM (edited)
In......I will ruin someone's day.
3/15/2013 7:34 PM
awesome trentonjoe. bring friends!
3/15/2013 10:11 PM
oh, and i forgot to add in the description that it is restricted to players post 1920. otherwise, all the teams would be deadballers.
3/15/2013 10:12 PM
Count me in.
3/16/2013 12:25 AM
Allright Rickysdad. I cant wait!
3/16/2013 2:28 AM
hey everyone checking this out, i've been playing WIS for a decade so i'm no newbie. I just havent wanted to run a league until now. so dont be scared off by the zero next to my name in the theme list.
3/16/2013 1:49 PM

in

3/16/2013 4:09 PM
cool robbwurster. that makes a quarter of the way there in 1.5 days.
3/16/2013 5:32 PM
I'll give it a go.  Curious...how could someone have collusion in a trade ? I can't fathom how that would work.
I am assuming the team you submit has to meet the minimums in PA and IP correct ?
3/16/2013 10:51 PM
ah, collusion is too strong a word. there was a lot of trading the last time we played this theme and some can seem really lopsided with the extra salary cap money. The lopsidedness made people suspicious but no, it'd be really hard to do. and no, i didnt set anything up for minimums in PA and IP. Some teams will draft 10 relief pitchers but to get to the minimum salary, they'll have to be really good. that makes them good trade material. another strategy is to draft one or two really high priced position players and the rest garbage. but then, in a league like this, those two guys will dominate. good luck drafting.
3/17/2013 2:44 AM

five guys have committed but let's get our teams in to draw in some more people. should be fun guys!

3/18/2013 2:21 AM
You, sir, may count me in. 

Someone can look forward to getting a team named "Anyone else a NAMBLA member?"
3/18/2013 9:53 AM
My only complaint is the Random AAA.  You can really get some talent in that, and it could destroy the league balance.

I'll play any way, but that will be the achilles heel of this league.
3/18/2013 11:16 AM
len, you will be glad you got some AAA players if you get my team - the "tim tebow mancrush"
3/18/2013 12:56 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
Screw Your Neighbor redux--full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.