UNO ! (Waitlist) fun draft! entire database open! Topic

In...
7/24/2013 5:42 PM
welcome aboard dilligafdbp ! 
7/25/2013 11:08 AM
dropped out of whatif world for awhile.  seems like a good theme to return to.
7/25/2013 12:08 PM
glad to have ya man ! 7 spots left - come on down! funnest draft in town...
7/25/2013 10:17 PM
Question- if a team has been used once, is it off the board? For example, if the Indians are chosen in round 1, then the Red Sox in round 2' can a reverse card be played by someone to pick another Indian?
7/25/2013 11:37 PM
Posted by dcmatcheck on 7/25/2013 11:37:00 PM (view original):
Question- if a team has been used once, is it off the board? For example, if the Indians are chosen in round 1, then the Red Sox in round 2' can a reverse card be played by someone to pick another Indian?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
good question dc- once a team is Reversed or is used in a Round it is Dead and can't be picked again.
Players can be still picked from that team as a Wild Card selection or in the free for all Round 25.

7/26/2013 11:10 AM
I would like to try this.
7/26/2013 11:50 AM
good deal !  glad to have ya, grayfoxx !
7/26/2013 2:31 PM
just need 6 !
7/28/2013 10:52 AM
I'm interested in this. I have a question though. Let's say someone calls out the Baltimore Orioles for the round and picks Cal Ripken. According to the way you have it set up just by team names, the next guy could take Hughie Jennings and that would be OK. But it would not be OK to take George Sisler there, because he would belong to the St. Louis Browns. Am I reading that correctly?

7/28/2013 6:22 PM
Posted by terry00 on 7/28/2013 6:23:00 PM (view original):
I'm interested in this. I have a question though. Let's say someone calls out the Baltimore Orioles for the round and picks Cal Ripken. According to the way you have it set up just by team names, the next guy could take Hughie Jennings and that would be OK. But it would not be OK to take George Sisler there, because he would belong to the St. Louis Browns. Am I reading that correctly?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey terry- welcome aboard !  you are correct.
I figured it would be easier to use the literal team names for the purposes of searches in the database (even though the franchises may change)  If you change your mind, no worries !  I'll put you down as a Yes for now

7/29/2013 11:14 AM
Posted by toddleduc on 7/29/2013 11:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by terry00 on 7/28/2013 6:23:00 PM (view original):

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey terry- welcome aboard !  you are correct.
I figured it would be easier to use the literal team names for the purposes of searches in the database (even though the franchises may change)  If you change your mind, no worries !  I'll put you down as a Yes for now

So is this also the rule for franchises that have had multiple names that show up differently in the database?

For instance, the Boston Bees were what the Boston NL franchise was popularly called in the late 30's but they were also still called the Braves by some folks and I am pretty sure that their years overlap in the search function for WIS.  If somebody starts a round with a player from the Boston Bees (1936-1940) in the search function, does that mean that everyone has to take a player from the Bees timeframe, even though those years were part of the Boston Braves franchise?

My suggestion would be to have it broken up by being able to select players from any of the years where one franchise was in the same city.  This would actually mean that there would be two Baltimore Orioles for example, but I feel like that makes the most sense....it's pretty easy two distinguish between the two in the search database....one has no players until the 50s and the other one is all 19th century players...
7/29/2013 1:33 PM
I agree with moser that the orioles should be two separate teams.  They played in different leagues in vastly different eras.  I also agree that if a team was in the same city but had a different name, like the cleveland naps and indians, the the brooklyn robins and dodgers, etc, they should be in the same round.  i'm fine with separating the brooklyn and la dodgers, etc...
7/29/2013 5:01 PM
only my opinion of course
7/29/2013 5:03 PM
toddleduc, have you given thought to having owners with two teams, to finish off the league if we, like, get stuck on 21 or something?  I know it might be confusing during the draft but one should be able to keep up.
7/29/2013 5:06 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
UNO ! (Waitlist) fun draft! entire database open! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.