1st Ever NBA SIM Auction League Topic

Posted by all3 on 8/26/2013 9:52:00 AM (view original):
Only 4 owners have ever thought about doing an NBA SIM Auction Draft?  Wow.
if you expect to fill a league just by posting here it must an extremely popular concept and you be a very popular owner... in other words, you must invite lots of people personally to fill a league if you believe in your concept... and then man it up when people say NO and invite someone else.... I would think about 100 people need to be invited to fill this league... at least!
8/27/2013 12:05 PM
Sorry, I'm not kissing people's butts to play in any League - my idea or not.  I've filled many a League by posting here (where anyone interested in joining a League knows to look) and in my current Leagues.  The response here appears to make it clear that it's not even worth posting in my current Leagues, so I haven't.
8/27/2013 12:42 PM
I'd love to do this.  I am just a bit unsure of how it would work.  Since I don't know if I will win a given player, how can I bid on another player(s) that same day?
8/27/2013 5:59 PM
Ok here's a crazy idea.  Use a private yahoo nfl auction draft league.  When a player is picked (Tom Brady) the owner picking let's us know the real SIM player name so we know who "Tom Brady" really is (Kobe Bryant).  We could simultaneously keep this board updated while the draft is going on.  We would be screwed if someone didn't show though.
8/27/2013 6:10 PM
sorry...forgot i didnt respond here yet...i would be in

think we need a really simple idea how to make it work first before we really start advertising it and getting it filled...this is a good start just figuring it out here

8/27/2013 8:16 PM
We could just do the draft in a chat room live. Seems the easiest to me. Or even on something like ventrillo. That would be kind of fun.
8/27/2013 9:20 PM
I'm 'in'.
8/27/2013 9:34 PM
Has anybody ever asked admin about giving us a chat room?
8/27/2013 9:39 PM (edited)
This may be another way to approach this draft. The top 144 players, by salary, would be listed in 1 hour blocks (10am-10pm EDT), anybody interested could bid and at the end of the hour (:59) the player would be awarded to the highest bidder. The next 144 players could be 1) drafted in the usual manner (1 or 2 at a time) or 2) a common player pool open to all could be used. This way the draft wouldn't be any longer than a normal draft.
8/28/2013 12:39 AM (edited)
The schedule for bidding can be determined in advance so everyone knows when the player slot opens and more importantly when it closes. We could 'snipe' like on ebay. Snipe: to wait to the last second to out bid everybody. Say Jabbar is scheduled for 9:00-9:59 in the unlikely case of a tie @ 9:59, the two owners can sumit a final bid by SM to the commish, winner gets the player.
8/27/2013 10:25 PM (edited)
The problem with a chat room is the timing.  We need a strict timer or this thing would easily take 6 hours.  12 players per team at 1 minute apiece is 4.8 hours.     8 players  = 3.2 hours.  Plus you have to keep track of your money, etc.  A yahoo draft does it all for you.

8/27/2013 10:05 PM
Sure.
8/27/2013 10:12 PM
If a running roster board by owner was kept we would know who had who and how much they spent.
8/27/2013 10:42 PM
It could be done by silent auction via sitemail and commish reveals the winning bid in the forum.  Set everything in two hour blocks with a team owner nominating a given player and the opening bid and then giving two hours to collect bids. 
8/27/2013 10:57 PM (edited)
Google Docs is something to consider as well. I have ideas how that would actually work if interested.
8/28/2013 12:13 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
1st Ever NBA SIM Auction League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.