1977 PROGRESSIVE LEAGUE DRAFT THREAD Topic

kallison1
To:
hockeyhead
Received:
10/13/2013 9:22:00 AM
Subject:
RE: You don't have P-Todd Jackson listed on the Avabile Players List 1977 Progressive
had his name backwards...

it's Jackson Todd

-----Original Message-----
To: kallison1
Sent: 10/13/2013 9:01:00 AM
Subject: RE: You don't have P-Todd Jackson listed on the Avabile Players List 1977 Progressive

We'll have to leave him out for this season. Sorry about that.

-----Original Message-----
To: hockeyhead
Sent: 10/12/2013 9:19:00 AM
Subject: You don't have P-Todd Jackson listed on the Avabile Players List 1977 Progressive

You some how missed P-Todd Jackson. He can be drafted in 1977. You need to add him to the avaible Players list for the 1977 Progressive League Draft.
10/15/2013 1:59 AM

SS Frank Duffy

2B Steve Staggs

10/15/2013 2:00 AM
Posted by goldman23 on 10/15/2013 1:41:00 AM (view original):
There were 14 picks made after my pick that didn't have a problem with the pick. Sounds like 1 person has a problem with it and you are automatically going to rule on his behalf? If you can give one place in your rules that would show that this pick is not valid I will let it go, you can't just change the rules 3 weeks into the draft... So is this to say in future drafts if you don't want a guy in that draft class then you could just "accidentally" leave them off so that they can't be drafted? To be honest, I didn't even have knight on my radar either because he sucks the first 2 years of the sim. But I recognized his name so I looked him up....

It was also stated that there is someone else left off the list??? Who is this and why wasn't the rest of the league notified of this. Is this something that is supposed to be hid from us? If it was brought up earlier than we would have a non issue
You know it's Sad, I get Blamed as the bad Guy here. I won't sight mail or tell anyone from now on that they made an error in Drafting. They can live with whatever mistakes they all make. I told goldman to repick and he choose not to, 14 picks later as I already stated, the list gets thinner and now he's angry at me. Hmmmm go figure.  
10/15/2013 6:53 AM
Goldman23 is correct, the rules prove: "Draft times will be 10AM ET to 10PM ET everyday. Only players that are WIS eligible for a certain draft are available." There is nothing in the rules overriding this rule, and no where, have I found, there being a rule stating the list on page one being the official list. Or something of the sort.

The fact that you told Kallison something different is not particularly relevant. You didn't tell the other 22 of us.

I think the Ray Knight pick needs to be allowed. He shouldn't be punished for your oversight. We all could have found Knight with effort.
10/15/2013 7:28 AM
Unless there have been sitemails we know nothing about, I don't see anything that indicates goldman is angry at you in any way kallison. You seem to have a delusional need to paint yourself as a victim. Nobody but you called you a bad guy.

Although, it was you Mr. Good Guy, that incorrectly called someone out for cheating.

I knew Knight was there but I can't stand him, but if I had taken him you'd better believe I would expect to keep him.
10/15/2013 8:18 AM
I knew Knight was available for like 5 or 6 rounds because he was the best player available in this super thin draft.  I caught the pick, but knew captain big fonts (and no you are not wrong in this instance) would bring it up, so I didn't say anything.  Commissioners have different rules on this issue.  Some believe their list is gospel while others believe it is merely an aid.  hockeyhead has ruled on the issue and we need to respect that.  That is what he gets the big bucks to do.  I am looking forward to playing in this league for the next 20+ seasons because I know hockeyhead will keep us going for that long.  I don't think there is a better commish in WIS at filling vacancies in leagues.  Bottom line ... if something seems too good to be true it probably is.
10/15/2013 8:56 AM
Kicking off the next round, Chicago selects:

OF - Joe Zdeb (mostly just because I like his last name).
10/15/2013 9:48 AM
Not that we need another post about the subject, but the "usual" rules from the Progressives I've played in for many seasons is that if a player is mistakenly omitted from the "availables" list (and that is how the list is titled here), then he is not available to anyone until the next year.  While it's true this player list hasn't always been up-to-date, I've always used it as my cross-check as to who is available and who is not (and of course also looking at the more recent picks).  So, while it could have been stated in the league rules as it is many other leagues I've played in, this approach is the norm from what I have seen anyway.  As Derek2HOF has said, the commish has ruled and we need to respect that and move on.
10/15/2013 10:29 AM
a little early, I'll repick if anyone wants him before 11:30 -- SS Darrel Chaney
10/15/2013 10:34 AM
11:00 pick...

Felix Millan, 2B
10/15/2013 11:07 AM
Kiko Garcia (SS)
10/15/2013 11:18 AM
kallison1
To:
dannino
Received:
10/15/2013 7:22:00 AM
Subject:
I need Proxy help Today 10/15 (Tues) in the 1977 Progressive League Draft @12Noon
Hi... I need Proxy help today 10/15 (Tues) in the 1977 Progresive League Draft Rd #12 @ 12 Noon... Here are my Choices in the Order of how I'd like to have them Drafted. Thanks for your help.

1.) P - Paul Siebert
2.) P - Jack Kucek
3.) P - Rick Baldwin
4.) P - Ken Holtzman
5.) P - Don Kirkwood
6.) P - Larry Dierker
7.) P - Mike Kekich
8.) P - Wayne Simpson
9.) P - Dan Larson
10.) P - Gary Ross

Siebert it is.
10/15/2013 12:21 PM
Here is where my frustration sets in. I make a pick based on the rules set forth at the time I'm supposed to pick. I then go on with my life of work, school, time with my son and coaching high school basketball and 14 more picks are made including my top 2 other picks. I come back to check on the draft last night and I'm informed that I may not have a valid pick at which I don't see how that could be and 10 more picks are taken off the board. I have put time into this league for 3 weeks and followed the rules. I have worked my schedule around my picks and have upheld the integrity of the league. I too have been in numerous progressives and have never heard that a guy that is eligible in the sim is not able to be picked for any reason unless he was blacklisted.

I appreciate that some of the guys have taken some time to acknowledge the situation and thank you for that. As for kallison, I was not upset with you saying something as you saw it, i have just found some amusement in the fact that you actually seem to get off on making up rules and posting in big font and smiley faces and feel its your place to enforce something.

Should I now say that player AB and C were the next on my list and inconvenience owners that were following the rules as well? The only way to move forward is to allow the knight pick and move on, if people are truly worried about this being fair for everyone. Otherwise I should get the opportunity to pick the next guy on my list and that is going to be unfair for another owner.
10/15/2013 1:29 PM
Jim Wohlford OF 

10/15/2013 1:39 PM
MIKE VAIL OF

I think Goldman23's reasoning is spot on and I hope that the commissioner reverses his initial decision.  Not a deal breaker by any means but I think fundamental fairness should reign.   No rule was violated, the rules seem to suggest he's eligible to be picked, thus it should be ruled legal.
10/15/2013 2:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...43|44|45|46|47...55 Next ▸
1977 PROGRESSIVE LEAGUE DRAFT THREAD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.