1977 PROGRESSIVE LEAGUE DRAFT THREAD Topic

I have never done a real AAA draft in a progressive.  It seems like we will just keep rolling along, right?  Once I drafted my last man on my major league roster the AAA roster spots popped up at the bottom.  So, I assume we just keep drafting.  4 hitters and 2 pitchers and then enter our team.  Correct?
10/17/2013 8:50 AM
Posted by derek2hof on 10/17/2013 8:50:00 AM (view original):
I have never done a real AAA draft in a progressive.  It seems like we will just keep rolling along, right?  Once I drafted my last man on my major league roster the AAA roster spots popped up at the bottom.  So, I assume we just keep drafting.  4 hitters and 2 pitchers and then enter our team.  Correct?
I was wondering the same thing. I sent an email to hockeyhead but haven't heard back. Should I start the next round this morning? One pick or all three?
10/17/2013 9:10 AM
Posted by tradrrr on 10/17/2013 9:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by derek2hof on 10/17/2013 8:50:00 AM (view original):
I was wondering the same thing. I sent an email to hockeyhead but haven't heard back. Should I start the next round this morning? One pick or all three?
That's correct, we needed some AAA and 6 for every team might take all the available players.So keep drafting in your time slot.
10/17/2013 9:19 AM
Chicago selects:

C - Bill Plummer
10/17/2013 9:38 AM
C Jose Morales for round 25
10/17/2013 9:55 AM
With a few picks left to be made for the regular 25, there are 94 position players left to be drafted and 21 pitchers.
Teams don't have to draft AAA if they don't want to or they can draft one or more. Back in 77, obviously not as many pitchers used as there are in 2013 but at least some of them pitched many innings.
10/17/2013 10:50 AM
Question for HH about the optional AAA draft (and also sent by SM).  If a team doesn't draft any or all of their allotment of AAA players, my experience has been that the SIM will then fill the roster with fictitious players up to the 4 and 2 limit.  Is that what will happen here?  Not that it's a major advantage, but I've found some owners specifically decide NOT to draft RL AAA players in the hopes of getting better players who can actually play a role on the team rather than just fill a spot.  Let us know.  Thanks.
10/17/2013 10:59 AM
Final 2 picks
2B mick kelleher
P Dan Larson
10/17/2013 11:00 AM
Interesting about the roster fill thing didn't know that.

Anyway, my first AAA selection will be...

Don Kirkwood, P
10/17/2013 11:03 AM
Jerry Grote (C)
10/17/2013 11:44 AM
Posted by wgasa on 10/17/2013 10:59:00 AM (view original):
Question for HH about the optional AAA draft (and also sent by SM).  If a team doesn't draft any or all of their allotment of AAA players, my experience has been that the SIM will then fill the roster with fictitious players up to the 4 and 2 limit.  Is that what will happen here?  Not that it's a major advantage, but I've found some owners specifically decide NOT to draft RL AAA players in the hopes of getting better players who can actually play a role on the team rather than just fill a spot.  Let us know.  Thanks.
I sent the same question to HH. I just don't want draft any more of these bums!
10/17/2013 11:56 AM
OF Gil Flores
10/17/2013 11:58 AM
Yeah, I think I'm done drafting. It's too busy at work to bother looking through these bums and I'm leaving for vacation early am Saturday. I'm going to enter my team. Good luck, gents. I can't wait to see what early season fatigue does to my team after 10 days of not being managed.
10/17/2013 1:42 PM
Also, AAA draft may seem bad now, but I've done plenty of leagues with AAA drafts and you will really love it once we get into deeper seasons where more players are available.
10/17/2013 1:44 PM

One thing I have to clarify here. I didn't know that if you didn't draft AAA players, that the players would be randomly generated.

So,only players drafted from 1977 will be allowed to play. All other AAA players must be kept in AAA or can be used for trade filler. Thanks.

10/17/2013 2:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...47|48|49|50|51...55 Next ▸
1977 PROGRESSIVE LEAGUE DRAFT THREAD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.