13-14 Players Topic

anyone have an idea on when the 13-14 players are coming out?
4/28/2014 2:33 PM
Customer Support says:
"Due to the NHL Division realignment, we are taking some time to re-evaluate some formulas.

Hopefully the players will be ready by the end of the playoffs!"
4/29/2014 7:17 PM
Are there so few new leagues being started these days that this doesn't matter at all?

5/1/2014 8:23 AM
Sure looks that way.
5/1/2014 9:40 AM
brutal.
5/4/2014 7:06 PM
As soon as admin can incorporate water bottle incidents into the formula the new players should be ready!
5/13/2014 9:49 AM
Hopefully they're trying to fix the ridiculous D ratings we've seen in recent years.

Or they've just abandoned the sim completely. One of the two.
5/28/2014 2:26 PM
I know for a fact the ONE person at WIS who even cares about sim hockey has virtually been forced to spend all of his time working on other sports.  I suspect, if and when the database does get  updated and released, it will be because he has spent his free time at work, and time at home, doing it himself.  Patience guys.
5/30/2014 7:06 AM
Well here we are, season has been over for almost 3 days and still no release of the 13-14 players. Pathetic
6/16/2014 6:49 PM
i agree kind of annoying
6/16/2014 7:12 PM
Whats the word
6/17/2014 1:19 PM
Posted by gollum on 5/30/2014 7:06:00 AM (view original):
I know for a fact the ONE person at WIS who even cares about sim hockey has virtually been forced to spend all of his time working on other sports.  I suspect, if and when the database does get  updated and released, it will be because he has spent his free time at work, and time at home, doing it himself.  Patience guys.
I agree Mike, that there is one person who really cares about hockey at WIS, but patience eventually runs out, and it is running out quickly with the hockey sim users. Let's look at a little history at just the release dates of players:

4/12/2011: 2010-2011 players are available
4/13/2012: 2011-2012 players are available
5/7/2013: 2012-2013 players are available

June 19th, 2014: Still no players available.

Gridiron dynasty I'm sure took a lot of time away from the programmers, as has the baseball sim, Foxsports biggest accounts I'm sure. We are 6 weeks past last years release date, and over 2 months from the previous years, and no word from admin about when the players will be out. The silence is deafening. If this isn't Foxsports telling us that the hockey sim and it's users don't matter, then nothing will. ALL WE ASK is that a little attention be given to the hockey sim. If the unnamed programmer doesn't do it on his own time, it doesn't seem to get done. That is not fair to him or his family. Look at the hockey sim and its user base over the course of the last few years. Same people in the leagues who have stuck it out, hoping against all hope for a hockey dynasty that will never come. The hockey sim badly needs updated, but with no one paying attention to it, it is painful to watch the slow death that is taking place. Foxsports sure doesn't care, which is evidenced by lack of updates and their relative silence regarding the new players. Leagues take forever to fill. I have placed teams in leagues that have been advertised for 8 months and there are only 6 players in. Could it be a problem with a theme? Sure. But when it takes almost a month for an open league to fill, there is something broken with the program. It is a pity that only one person cares enough to not let it die and works on it during his own time.

Sorry Mike, but the time for patience has run out a long time ago. Perhaps it is time to really let Foxsports know how the hockey users feel. Then again, with the lack of response concerning everything else, this too will fall on deaf ears.
6/19/2014 1:22 PM (edited)
well said chuck
6/19/2014 12:35 PM
Lather, rinse, repeat...

REPEAT...

REPEAT...

Ditto, as a long-time player here,
eye could go on-&-on about how
terribly unfavorable this situation
becomes, as each day pass's by...

Typing & texting 2 this Forum does
seem 2 be as futile, as is the waiting...
6/19/2014 12:52 PM
Well said Chuck
6/19/2014 12:59 PM
123 Next ▸
13-14 Players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.