The HATE Theme....full Topic

Once we get about 18 in, I'll set up the league # etc    

I think your right... Sin Bins will be busy

9/25/2013 9:40 AM
Martin brodeur, strapped mattreses into his legs in 95 and were supposed to be impressed? Plus didnt he sleep with his sister or something?
9/26/2013 9:24 AM
Since cubbies took brodeur I will take Sean Avery because well I don't have as good of a reason as cubbies but he loved to wave his hands and stick in Marty's face and just be annoying!
9/26/2013 10:35 AM
Yep good ?...would Marty be as good with the equipment of the 70s & 80s or without that great defensive team in front of him?

Avery....really....I'm going to HATE having him on my roster...
9/26/2013 2:17 PM
Posted by aginor on 9/26/2013 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Yep good ?...would Marty be as good with the equipment of the 70s & 80s or without that great defensive team in front of him?

So far the only two players I wont mind on team is Messier and Richard. The others not so much with a low cap. Avery ugh thats getting low lol
9/26/2013 6:34 PM
Posted by mapleleafs4l on 9/26/2013 6:34:00 PM (view original):

So far the only two players I wont mind on team is Messier and Richard. The others not so much with a low cap. Avery ugh thats getting low lol
There are a number I don't have a problem with....Sid, Mess, Richard (overrated sure, but why hate?) 

The ones I really don't get are Roy and Brodeur....compared to JS Giguerre, they were out there blocking shots with their shins...the difference being they had way more talent than Giguerre.
9/27/2013 11:30 AM (edited)
How about Darcy Tucker. I hated that guy when he played.
Chuck - As a Sens fan, I can't believe you picked Chris Neil! He is a great guy that plays a clean but very tough brand of hockey. I don't recall ever seeing any cheap stuff from him. Didn't he beat Ranger giant Boyle senseless (turtled) in the playoffs recently? ;)
9/28/2013 7:23 AM (edited)
As I said before...when he plays for YOUR team...gritty/plays with an edge/high energy  etc    When the guy gets traded he suddenly becomes...chippy/dirty etc

A perfect example was Bryan Marchment... I know a guy (a Flames Fan) absolutely hated him. Even openly stated somebody should kick the crap out of him and there was NO place in the NHL for his type etc etc   Well the Flames got him...what a surprise...loved the physical play he brought to team etc   When I tried to remind to him of all the dirty play he complained about....memory loss occurred.

9/28/2013 8:56 PM
my turd goalie mt rushmore would have roy and brodeur for sure and ol js giguere as well....and being a lifetime red wings fan lets immortalize tim cheveldae up there too!
9/28/2013 9:21 PM
Posted by evil_twin on 9/27/2013 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mapleleafs4l on 9/26/2013 6:34:00 PM (view original):

There are a number I don't have a problem with....Sid, Mess, Richard (overrated sure, but why hate?) 

The ones I really don't get are Roy and Brodeur....compared to JS Giguerre, they were out there blocking shots with their shins...the difference being they had way more talent than Giguerre.
Hate Richard for scoring the tying and winning goals to beat the Blackhawks 3 to 2 in game seven of the 1971 Cup finals. It took me a long time to get over that one. Have been a Hawks fan for over 50 years. Growing up in Nova Scotia the whole family either cheered for the leafs or habs. To keep life interesting I chose to cheer for the Hawks and Bruins...thought I had died and gone to heaven when they met in the finals last year.

9/28/2013 11:11 PM
Marc Andre Bergeron - The Oilers would have won a cup in 06 if he hadn't shoved a guy into Roloson and screwed up Rollie's knee.
9/30/2013 5:22 PM
I'm in.

I'll nominate rw Rob Ray.  I had to watch this goon in Buffalo.  He was slow and his role was to be an enforcer only.  His penalty minutes are more remarkable when you realize he got very few shifts.  I watched him (and all the little kids watched him too) skating back to the bench swearing his f***ing head off after a shift because he wasn't getting anything right.  He didn't belong in the NHL on a team with Hasek, Lafontaine, Hawerchuk, and Mogilny. 

He is the source of the "Rob Ray Rule" whereby players have to tie down there equipment so that it doesn't come off in a fight.  Shedding his equipment would entangle opponents hands, and keep them from having any way to grab him.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5l57mtmOVI

Now he is known as a humanitarian.  You're welcome to him.

9/30/2013 8:37 PM
I just had thought...some of these guys will be drafted just as 'scrubs' and will most likely never be put in a games.  

So I'm thinking additional rule:  All 23 players on your roster must play at least 20 games during the 82 game season (that includes the goalies)?  More challenging but also this way no owners "Hate" will go to waste....  The other 23 owners will HAVE to use him, at least a little...

Thoughts????  
9/30/2013 9:47 PM
Are we still going with a $50M cap?
9/30/2013 10:37 PM
Posted by aginor on 9/30/2013 9:49:00 PM (view original):
I just had thought...some of these guys will be drafted just as 'scrubs' and will most likely never be put in a games.  

So I'm thinking additional rule:  All 23 players on your roster must play at least 20 games during the 82 game season (that includes the goalies)?  More challenging but also this way no owners "Hate" will go to waste....  The other 23 owners will HAVE to use him, at least a little...

Thoughts????  
I like it, makes it more challenging when you can't hide anyone
9/30/2013 11:43 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
The HATE Theme....full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.