EXPAND THIS (DEAD) Topic

This is not for the faint of heart. However, fun abounds!

ORIGINAL SIX TEAMS ARE BANNED FROM THIS LEAGUE!

Theme: Choose an exclusive franchise (no Original Six teams). Draft any player that played for your franchise. Twisting allowed.

The Rub: You may not draft any player that has played for an Original Six team. However, you may choose ONE player only as a captain who has played for an Original Six team. Only 1!

*This rule does not apply to players in the upcoming 2013-2014 season; for example, Danny Briere is now with Montreal, but he is available.

Rules
1. Defense rating at 65 and under
2. SA% below 89
3. No clones

75M Cap

The fodder... Trades On; No WW; No PI; No ML; No Inj

TEAM WITH THE MOST PIMs GETS A FREE SEASON!

9/16/2013 2:14 AM (edited)

Anaheim Ducks - y2jdilemma
Atlanta/Calgary Flames - feasor
Atlanta Thrashers (new Jets)
Buffalo Sabres - kiteport
California Golden Seals/Oakland Seals/Cleveland Barons
Carolina Hurricanes/Hartford Whalers - whalers10
Colorado Avalanche/Quebec Nordiques - chuckinlrp
Colorado Rockies/Kansas City Chiefs/New Jersey Devils - the_jsa
Columbus Blue Jackets
Edmonton Oilers - 
Florida Panthers
Los Angeles Kings - yogsloth
Minnesota Wild - kiteport

Minnesota North Stars/Dallas Stars - bluedevil86
Nashville Predators - bluedevil86

New York Islanders - ltjrrich
Ottawa Senators
Philadelphia Flyers - taybaijor
Phoenix Coyotes/Winnipeg Jets (not the new Jets)
Pittsburgh Penguins - chuckinrlp
San Jose Sharks
St. Louis Blues - Poddy
Tampa Bay Lightning
Vancouver Canucks
Washington Capitals - demon_8

TEAM WITH THE MOST PIMs GETS A FREE SEASON!

10/14/2013 2:29 PM (edited)
AMENDMENT #1:

I will allow the Wild, Preds, Thrashers (new Jets), and Jackets to have TWO players (Captain and Assistant Captain) that played for an Original Six team. I am allowing this due to the fact that the other teams have 10 - 20 years on them.

AMENDMENT #2:

As long as the player has no SIM seasons for a Original Six team, the player may be drafted. So, if a player played one game for the Red Wings and not more than 20, then you may draft that player.

AMENDMENT #3:

If you cannot draft 2 goalies for your team because of the Original Six rule, then the following applies: your goalies may not have played with more than 2 Original Six teams in their career.

So, far all the teams I've mocked drafted for have no issues.

9/30/2013 6:01 PM (edited)
I'll take the Penguins, please.
9/16/2013 8:39 AM
Philly please.
9/16/2013 10:47 AM
Arrrrgh! Pens are taken! OK then, I'll go with Quebec/Colorado
9/16/2013 12:40 PM
I will sign up with the Kings, despite having no idea how to pick only one of Gretzky, Dionne, Robitaille, Robinson, Nicholls, Carson, Granato, Sandstrom, Simmer, Goring, uh... well, damn near everyone worth a crap.
9/16/2013 2:43 PM (edited)
Posted by yogsloth on 9/16/2013 2:43:00 PM (view original):
I will sign up with the Kings, despite having no idea how to pick only one of Gretzky, Dionne, Robitaille, Robinson, Nicholls, Carson, Granato, Sandstrom, Simmer, Goring, uh... well, damn near everyone worth a crap.
Well... I put together a pretty good looking Kings team with only one of those players.
9/16/2013 6:05 PM (edited)
Chuck, if you want the Pens, I'll take Calif/Oakland/Cleveland ( and alot of prayers!!!)
9/16/2013 7:27 PM
But still register me under tribe fan, please
9/16/2013 7:31 PM
Posted by beachbum3494 on 9/16/2013 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Chuck, if you want the Pens, I'll take Calif/Oakland/Cleveland ( and alot of prayers!!!)
First come, first served buddy. No worries! Thanks a lot for the offer though, I appreciate it!
9/17/2013 9:49 AM
ST Louis Blues please
9/17/2013 12:39 PM
I'll do an Edmonton team as well Kite
9/17/2013 1:10 PM
That's stand up of you, beachbum... Great offer. I will keep you with Penguins unless you want to go with Cali/Cleveland.
9/17/2013 2:46 PM
Thanks for the kind words...I'll keep the Pens THIS time...but now that I know they are Chuck's preference, I'll skip them in the future....he and ghockey have been VERY helpful in showing me "the ropes" with advice about the sim.
9/17/2013 5:14 PM
123 Next ▸
EXPAND THIS (DEAD) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.