Fighting Cancer in the Family - Project on Hold Topic

I'm sure that most of you as well as myself have noticed that a lot of our owners are dealing with cancer or some other major ailment amongst their friends, family or themselves.  Myself included having been a survivor and losing many family members to that dreadful disease.  I sent an e-mail to wis and my proposal is this that we start a 24 team league and each owner contributes a minimum of $10 to be held by WIS and the world series owner has that money donated to their charity of choice.  And if this goes over well the winner also chooses the next theme for the league.

Since this is a family oriented idea.  My choice for theme is that at least 2 members of your team have to be related and exclusive to your Team along with exclusive stadium.  Can be any 2 members of families including cousins and in-laws, uncles and nephews.  Once that family is they are exclusive to team owner.

Families will be chosen in draft form once we have 24 members signed up and paid for.  Will have numbers 1 through 24 run through random.org and they will have choice of family or stadium then reverse order for round 2.  After that no blacklisted players,

110 Million salary cap
No DH
40 live game min.
trades allowable except core players (your family of choice)
No Injuries
6/4 Random AAA

Families can be found at baseball-almanac.com

I welcome other suggestions.

feel free to list your charity of choice

1.  11Kwyetman28 - Charity Jimmy Fund
2.   DonaldjTrump - Voices against brain cancer
3.   JoCrane14
4.   Ballsweatsux - Organic Farming  Research Foundation
5.   Verynice
6.   Yazbenders - Organic Farming Research Foundation
2/8/2013 7:47 PM (edited)
Voices Against Brain Cancer
1/31/2013 4:30 PM
I am in... Let me get back to you with my charity.
2/1/2013 12:18 AM
Love this idea. I'll play for the Organic Farming Research Foundation. ofrf.org
2/1/2013 1:17 PM (edited)
Did admin approve it yet? I will play but I will have to research the charity. Will be something to do with esophageal cancer. Also anyone in NY/LI area I am holding a fundraiser for my mom (esophageal cancer) at coram county lane March 23rd Saturday nite 930-midnight. Just let me know if you would like to buy raffles or attend (with number of people for lane purposes) 20 to bowl 2 includes shoes
3 for 5 raffles
and 10 dollar 50/50 raffles
sitemail me if you need more details
2/5/2013 8:00 AM
Posted by ballsweatsux on 2/1/2013 1:17:00 PM (view original):
Love this idea. I'll play for the Organic Farming Research Foundation. ofrf.org
I'll be in it and will pick this charity.
2/5/2013 3:04 PM
Havem't got a response from Admin. yet.  I expect a positive response or else I will donate gift certificate to espn's Jimmy V auction in winner's name one way or another this is going to work.
2/7/2013 7:11 AM
bump
2/11/2013 9:22 AM
Unfortunately, due to a number of complications Whatifsports is unable to help with this project so it is being put on hold for now until I can figure out a way to do something about this.
2/13/2013 10:48 AM
ok last chance on purchasing raffles for my mothers charity event. Raffles are 3 for $5 and have so far over 105 prizes including a 100 WIS gc, lebron jerseys,wade jerseys,carson palmer jersey, johan santana jerseys,taveras from islanders,etc. sitemail if you have an interest in helping out. If you live in NY or close you can RSVP me by 3/15. The event will be held at the coram bowling alley on March 23rd from 930-midnight. You can come down and buy raffles without the rsvp,however if you wish to bowl (20 for 2 games and includes shoes) please let me know by the 15th..all proceeds from raffles go directly to my mothers care and comfort (esophageal cancer).Thanx for all the guys that have already bought raffles and are attending,and I hope to see you all very soon.
Thank you all for your time,
Rob aka verynice
ps all absentees raffles bought I will be in charge of collecting any prizes and mailing so no worries I got your backs..lol...I will ship as long as its within the continental US(unless its the GC) There will be 1 winner of the 100 gc and then all the losing tickets will be put back in the hat for other prize opportunites
3/4/2013 8:33 AM (edited)
bump
you do not have to attend to purchase raffle tickets,
3/8/2013 6:18 AM
Fighting Cancer in the Family - Project on Hold Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.