College baseball Theme league (made rule change) Topic

I was thinking that a good idea might be having a college baseball theme. You would get 3 colleges and you could only use players from thoose colleges. To make things fair you get to pick the first team when you sign up and the second and third team will be determined by draft. Your ballpark would have to be in one of the states your college is in.

100 mil cap space
No clones (pick universitys with big amount of mlb players)
The players can be from any year as long as they were in that college for at least 1 season.
40 live game minimum.
Colleges can be used twice only when picking the 1st teams.

This is a list of schools and number of mlb players that have been drafted
http://www.baseball-reference.com/schools/ 

I am doing this league with ballsweatsux because I need some help making my first league. I want to say, that if me leaving my first league made you mad I can understand why you might not want to join but I promise that it was just a mistake because I didnt know how fast it took to get a league started. Hope some of you guys see through my error and play in league.
2/21/2013 4:35 PM (edited)
Owners
1. Phillyboy-Arizona State
2. Ballsweatsux-USC
3. Conansdad-Michigan
2/21/2013 3:09 PM (edited)
University of Michigan (Ann Arbor)
2/21/2013 5:26 AM
Posted by joshkvt on 2/21/2013 11:28:00 AM (view original):
Leaving your first league isn't a problem, but the two league founders taking the top two teams first is. Don't forget to give ericdavis the Bruins.
But  I mean we are going in reverse order next time so our 2nd team will be really bad compared to other peoples 2nd teams. I made it 3 colleges so that it can help people that get a late pick. 
2/21/2013 12:07 PM
This was pretty much all phillyboy's idea. I was the first person he told about it and he is fairly new to Live, so I helped guide him through the process of starting it up. That said, if my reservation of USC is still deemed shady, I'll reluctantly drop them and choose another school after ten other commitments.
2/21/2013 12:41 PM
Doesn't matter to me, just pointing out that starting a league and snagging the top two available teams is a good way to ensure it doesn't fill. Or that if it does fill, the outclassed teams stop playing after 15 games and a bunch of teams end up missing the minimum.

Not sure what you mean by reverse order next time, but if you know that the late teams will be "really bad compared to ither peoples 2nd teams" why would you expect anyone to fill this?
2/21/2013 12:56 PM
josh, you mixed up the idea he was conveying. He said early entrants would have a very poor 2nd school, especially compared to late entrants' 2nd schools.

Reverse order is like a snake draft. Whoever joins last gets first pick at 2nd school.
2/21/2013 1:06 PM

If anyone wants ASU I will give it to them then but if not ill take them. After 10 people join I will lock in my college of ASU.

2/21/2013 3:09 PM (edited)
New rule. Since their is really good colleges and then colleges that are ok I have come to conclusion that the 1st team you choose may be taken by 2 people max. So that means 15 of the great colleges would be taken with your first team choice to establish a base team. Then we will draft 2 more teams and they must be different than anyone elses team. That means that 2 people can not have the same 2nd or 3rd team as someone else
2/21/2013 4:37 PM (edited)
I'll take Auburn if this ever gets off the ground, but not as interested if the theme changes to allow a college to be taken by two owners. Just a suggestion, because I've done this a time or two - if you make the cap $80 million rather than $100 million it makes for a much more competitively balanced league. People are more willing to compete against the handful of major powers, because the cap helps close the talent gap.
3/8/2013 9:36 PM (edited)
College baseball Theme league (made rule change) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.