Original 16 Franchise League---full! Topic

Now we are talking about squeezing the runner home only, right?   Moving the runners from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd is not banned, I hope.
3/28/2014 2:02 PM
right, only bunting with a runner on third and fewer than two outs
3/28/2014 2:26 PM
I'm in absolute agreement of the fact that it works at far too high of a clip, but to ban it outright seem incredibly difficult to police.  What happens if you do?  You automatically forfeit the game? 

Let's be honest, I'm using the New York Yankees, I won't be squeeze bunting anyway, but in other leagues where offense isn't as prevalent, I still think it's a tool that can be utilized. 

Your league though, your rules.  Was just curious to see how it was going to be enforced.

3/28/2014 2:59 PM
Posted by 06gsp on 3/28/2014 2:26:00 PM (view original):
right, only bunting with a runner on third and fewer than two outs
That is correct.
Still haven't set up league yet. As some of you know I work for a company that does fire and water damage restoration and we are slammed right now because of all the ice melting with flooded basements, drain back ups and roof problems. Still hope to set it up later tonight. Thanks for your patience
3/28/2014 6:50 PM
Posted by ratedpg_13 on 3/28/2014 2:59:00 PM (view original):
I'm in absolute agreement of the fact that it works at far too high of a clip, but to ban it outright seem incredibly difficult to police.  What happens if you do?  You automatically forfeit the game? 

Let's be honest, I'm using the New York Yankees, I won't be squeeze bunting anyway, but in other leagues where offense isn't as prevalent, I still think it's a tool that can be utilized. 

Your league though, your rules.  Was just curious to see how it was going to be enforced.

I would hope we would be able to police ourselves and not use it. That's not asking too much is it?
3/28/2014 6:51 PM
Posted by szczubelek on 3/28/2014 6:51:00 PM (view original):

I would hope we would be able to police ourselves and not use it. That's not asking too much is it?
I don't think there will be a problem with the group of owners we have here.

3/29/2014 1:02 AM
REDS and ORIOLES left
3/29/2014 7:53 AM
LG # MLB108776
3/29/2014 7:57 AM
I didn't see anything regarding stadiums on page 1. Are we locked in to the stadium from 1901, or any franchise stadium?
3/29/2014 11:34 AM
I have a Baltimore team just about completed. But I'm a bit reluctant to take two teams in a 16 team league. With only 13 other owners it may become dificult to secure 80 live games.
3/29/2014 11:56 AM
Posted by XYGZ on 3/29/2014 11:34:00 AM (view original):
I didn't see anything regarding stadiums on page 1. Are we locked in to the stadium from 1901, or any franchise stadium?
sorry should have had that on page one. Ant stadium of franchise
3/29/2014 6:42 PM

This is partly a response to squeezers' argument that if we don't like the suicide bug, we should state as a rule that it's not allowed when the league forms.
3/31/2014 10:16 PM
Abuse of the suicide will only happen in live games. Sparky might have the pitcher drop down a bunt with third and one out, but that's not worth worrying about. There's not going to be any gray area in the box score, and we all notice when we lose a game on a squeeze.
3/31/2014 10:19 PM
Posted by joshkvt on 3/31/2014 10:16:00 PM (view original):

This is partly a response to squeezers' argument that if we don't like the suicide bug, we should state as a rule that it's not allowed when the league forms.
Just to clarify, I'm not in favor of squeezing and never use it, but I've been pretty vocal in advocating for it to be stated as a rule. The reason is that unless it's an official rule, no one has any recourse when they get squeezed on except for public shaming or refusing to play the person live, both of which are bad solutions.

But if it's a rule, then we can complain to the commissioner and the commissioner can use their judgement on how to respond depending on the specifics of the situation.

4/3/2014 9:44 AM
agreed...don't need to lose any more live players..as a rule it would squash the bad blood
4/3/2014 5:41 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Original 16 Franchise League---full! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.