No Big Deal Progressive Needs 1 for 2004 Topic

A somewhat different progressive that requires owners to build their franchises without trading players or draft picks, and offers zero incentive for giving up on a season. Draft order is based on each team's salary total for its most-expensive eight players, so there is nothing to gain by not trying to be as good as you can be every season. Limited keepers — 14 plus IR — limits the ability to stockpile players for the future, and means everyone might as well try to win every game since losing does not improve draft spot. You will not lose a playoff spot to a team that mortgages the future to win now, and you will not have to choose between trying to stay in a race or trying to acquire more draft picks by trading talent.

16 teams.
50 games live required for playoffs (teams missing the minimum will lose a spot in the draft)
No DH, Trades, AAA, Injuries
All stadiums are open; owners may switch parks only once and new owners can choose any park they want.

7/26/2014 12:54 PM

BOSTON
Sean Casey
D'Angelo Jimenez
Shannon Stewart
Alex  GonzalezS
Jose Guillen
Javy Lopez
Bernie Williams
Luis Rivas
Miguel Cabrera
Brad Ausmus
Jermaine Dye
Omar Vizquel
Ted Lilly
Brian Lawrence
Kenny Rogers
Jake Peavy
John Burkett
Ron Villone
Jose Contreras
Juan Rincon
Gabe White
Scott Schoeneweis
Scott Linebrink
Curt Leskanic
Jose Acevedo

8/16/2014 5:11 PM (edited)
I'll take Milwaukee
7/26/2014 6:23 PM
Excellent, thanks! Because draft order is based on salaries, please sitemail your 14 keepers to me with the salaries for all of them, or at least for the 8 most expensive.
7/27/2014 1:48 AM
I will take Cincinnati, thanks.
8/3/2014 11:36 PM
Im in josh....team tbd
8/4/2014 8:36 AM
And I will take whichever one soxyanks doesn't take.
8/4/2014 10:58 AM
ill grab my boy wake...and take Oakland...thanks pg
8/4/2014 5:52 PM
Posted by ratedpg_13 on 8/4/2014 10:58:00 AM (view original):
And I will take whichever one soxyanks doesn't take.
San Francisco and Boston remain available.
8/4/2014 9:03 PM
...and I'll take whichever ratedpg doesn't take, lol...
8/6/2014 11:24 PM
Yeah, not too sure how I missed that one.  I'll grab Boston, hard to pass on Miggy.
8/8/2014 10:48 AM
going to move San Fran to Baltimore if that's cool...already have a Huston squad from the NL
8/9/2014 9:14 PM
No Big Deal Progressive Needs 1 for 2004 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.