java help needed Topic

This whole Java thing is ridiculous.  This antiquated site is killing me.  First it was having to run an old version of Java to play Live.  Up until yesterday, I was running version 7 update 75 and everything was working fine.  This evening, my computer wouldn't recognize it.  Nothing I did helped.  I uninstalled it.  I couldn't find that same version, so I installed a slightly older version of 7.  That didn't work.  All I get is a message from Live stating that the plug-in is not supported.  I also just read this off the Java site: We have detected you are using Google Chrome and might be unable to use the Java plugin from this browser. Starting with Version 42 (released April 2015), Chrome has disabled the standard way in which browsers support plugins.

So how the #$%!#!$# do I get this stupid game to work in Chrome??
4/29/2015 1:42 AM
Maybe just don't use Chrome?  All things considered, that seems easier.
4/29/2015 2:33 AM
Maybe. But I don't use chrome for anything else.  It seems that maybe it would just be easier to not play Live anymore if I can't figure it out.  I've sent in a ticket.  We'll see if CS has any insight.
4/29/2015 3:16 AM

Be assured...they are hard at work in the WIS labs trying to solve your problem.
4/30/2015 10:22 PM
Same, I've tried the steps from the topics above but I can't use live. I need steps. Plz explain it like I'm like 6 years old, I don't get it
5/12/2015 12:43 AM
Any update on this? I've been trying to sign into H2H for hours now. On Chrome, IE, and Firefox.  I keep getting the "an error has occurred please try reconnecting in a few minutes"
5/17/2015 9:19 AM
try opera
5/17/2015 7:40 PM
Thanks for suggestion. It still comes up with "An error has occured!! Could not connect to server.... please wait a few minutes and try reconnecting." error message on opera. I will try sending in a ticket.
5/18/2015 6:16 PM
If you're trying to sign in at work, the site could be blocked.
5/18/2015 8:50 PM
It's a damn act of congress to play this game and there's no reason it should be. As someone who has worked under a wing of FoxSports before, I know exactly why (they do want to spend a single penny on this venture), but this is an easy fix and shouldn't be that expensive. Yet we can't even get a response from Customer Service on when or if they might fix it.
5/20/2015 10:07 AM
I'm getter a server error trying to bring up the window for live games.  is the server down?  I'm not sure if it's a java problem or a problem with the server
5/29/2015 6:31 PM
I just went on using IE and it worked fine.  I don't think that live is working with chrome if that is what you are using.
5/29/2015 6:34 PM
i tried chrome and got an error message, and with IE it just froze
5/29/2015 7:39 PM
as of now opera is working, chrome had an update that wont allow old java I believe
5/30/2015 5:55 AM
I'm bummed about not being able to play live. I've met some cool members of our community while playing live getting to chat in real time. I have an older laptop that I can still play on but any new computer I get I can't seem to get it to work on any browser. I wish WIS would fix this one issue over anything else. The site still must generate decent revenue. Why not fix the live play so the community that plays this game can get to know one another from time to time over a friendly game.
5/31/2015 8:16 PM
12 Next ▸
java help needed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.