java help needed Topic

Thanks! Looks like I need to download Java 7 as well, as mentioned before
5/7/2016 2:53 PM
Posted by oliversmith on 5/4/2016 10:56:00 PM (view original):
Are you sure that you have Java7? If you downloaded the link I suggested it should allow you to pick medium. I would go to your add/remove and make sure you don't have a higher java as well. You should only have Java 7, update 60. I've run this on 4 different computers now and it's worked everytime. Keep me updated. I hope you can get it up and working!
You were right. I must have downloaded 8 instead. I'm up and running now though, thank you.
5/7/2016 10:03 PM
Posted by oliversmith on 5/2/2016 11:46:00 PM (view original):
I don't post a lot, but I'll chime in with what worked for me. I've basically tried every single step mentioned above and have now spent 5+ hours on this. I finally got it working on my PC. It kept saying "Your browser does not support java applets, or java is not enabled."

I downloaded an older version of 32-bit Java 7. Update 60 to be exact. http://www.filehorse.com/download-java-runtime-32/17051/ I then did the steps everyone else has suggested by opening "Configure Java". Under Security moving the level to "Medium". Then on the exception site list, adding http://www.whatifsports.com & http://live.whatifsports.com. Now, go to play live. It will say Java(TM) was blocked because it is out of date and needs to be updated. Click on 'Run this time' You will then get a Security Warning. Do you want to run this application? Click the box that says I accept the risk and want to run this app and hit Run.

Now, when I click on play live it loads up right away and I haven't had any problems. I hope this is able to help a couple people. It sure was frustrating. ( **It worked on Internet Explorer and Firefox.

This worked for me, needed something after I got hit with a stealth Windows 10 update

working on Firefox
5/26/2016 6:27 PM
I have Java 7u79 downloaded for my Mac (running El Capitan) and have added WIS to list of exceptions but, since my computer already has Java 8u71 downloaded/installed, when I go to install Java 7u79 I'm told that I can't do so. Anyone know how to revert?
9/23/2016 3:16 PM
Uninstall Java 8
9/23/2016 3:44 PM
U got to set he security risk to medium on 7
9/23/2016 3:49 PM
Yes, exactly, but how do I do uninstall it?
9/23/2016 4:41 PM
Click on it from documents and croght click Java and wen options come up select uninstall Java and then install Java 7 and wen its it needs to be updated decline and say do later or not at all whatever option it offers
9/23/2016 5:09 PM
I am using a Mac, it is not in Documents for me, it is in System Preferences but right clicking it does not give me the option to uninstall. Also, I only have the options for High and Very High security (maybe that will change once 7 is installed?)
9/23/2016 5:59 PM
Indeed it's only on 7
9/23/2016 6:04 PM
And for he other part I can't help u unfortunately I have a Windows maybe try googling how to uninstall Java on a Mac?
9/23/2016 6:10 PM
What Mac OS are you using? If it's the new one (Sierra, I think), you might be screwed. For all earlier versions, just installing Java 7 should be enough but if not follow these Java instructions, then download and install 7:

Here is how to find the Java plug-in file:
  1. Click on the Finder icon in your Mac's dock.
  2. Click on the Applications tab in the sidebar.
  3. In the Search box enter (or copy/paste): JavaAppletPlugin.plugin.
  4. Right-click on JavaAppletPlugin.plugin and choose Move to Trash.

How can I uninstall Java on Mac and reinstall Apple's Java 6

https://techhelpkb.com/uninstall-java-on-mac/
9/24/2016 1:12 AM
That worked! Thanks guys!
9/24/2016 8:23 AM
is this still for java 7? I installed 7.79 on my pc but it tells me now that Java is not enabled on my pc and I cant get past that obstacle. Doesnt even offer me anything like you need an update or something, just says that its not enabled. What should i do ?
11/22/2016 12:45 PM
◂ Prev 12345
java help needed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.