I hope I am wrong Topic

EAST CARBON, Carbon County — A Utah coal company owned by a vocal critic of President Barack Obama has laid off 102 miners.

The layoffs at the West Ridge Mine are effective immediately, according to UtahAmerican Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Murray Energy Corp. They were announced in a short statement made public Thursday, two days after Obama won re-election.

The layoffs are necessary because of the president's "war on coal," the statement said. The slogan is one used frequently during the election by Murray Energy CEO Robert Murray, who was an ardent supporter of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

In its statement, UtahAmerican Energy blames the Obama administration for instituting policies that will close down "204 American coal-fired power plants by 2014" and for drastically reducing the market for coal.

"There is nowhere to sell our coal, and when we can, the market prices are far lower," the statement said. "Without markets, there can be no coal mines and no coal jobs."

11/9/2012 12:18 PM
Well, I know one guy who will need some coal towards the end of December....
11/9/2012 12:23 PM
That is tough.
Next thing you know, he'll be putting the makers of dot matrix printers out of work.
11/9/2012 12:26 PM
Posted by deathinahole on 11/9/2012 12:26:00 PM (view original):
That is tough.
Next thing you know, he'll be putting the makers of dot matrix printers out of work.
POTY!!
11/9/2012 12:47 PM
That is tough.
Of course if you were putting them out of work before someone invented a better solution you would be hurting Americans.

Coal is cheap and available and doesnt go into the pockets of people who have a questionable relatinship with the US.

11/9/2012 12:50 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 11/9/2012 12:50:00 PM (view original):
That is tough.
Of course if you were putting them out of work before someone invented a better solution you would be hurting Americans.

Coal is cheap and available and doesnt go into the pockets of people who have a questionable relatinship with the US.

And dumps tons of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere. But republifucks and conseratards don't care about that ****. 
11/9/2012 12:57 PM
It isnt that we dont care, it is that we dont see evidence of proof connecting wather changes and greenhouse gases.

11/9/2012 1:01 PM
Because you got your head so far up your *** you can't.

www.chasingice.com/
11/9/2012 1:07 PM (edited)
You dont need to hide your head, the media sells your message 24/7.

That doesnt mean it is accurate...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming
11/9/2012 1:09 PM
Wiki BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. ****, I can post an article saying you are a rutabaga. 

This is at the top of the wiki article.

This article has multiple issues.

The neutrality of this article is disputed(August 2012)
11/9/2012 1:11 PM
I don't have to. You can see the slant in the banners on most of those pages. 

The Petition Project? 

Global Warming Scare?

Probably a lot of the same people who believe we never walked on the moon. 

11/9/2012 1:34 PM
That is tough.
Coal produces 42% of the US electricity.  That is more than any other source.
11/9/2012 4:48 PM (edited)
11/9/2012 4:49 PM
Have fun pushing your electric cars around.
11/9/2012 4:50 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...11 Next ▸
I hope I am wrong Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.