More enviromental extremism in government! Topic

No you are not more evolved. All the humans are the same. We all have the same capacity for growth.

Animals are below us. They are there for us. In some cases we created the animal to support us.

Again you want to make this some kind of Bambi moment. Where everyone cries over a deer getting shot.

We are the dominant species. We have inteligence. If our child dies we mourn their loss and are sad that they will never live a full and happy life.

Animals protect their young because of instinct and dont grieve.

Sorry.
12/1/2012 7:20 PM
No species is more evolved than other; they've all been evolving for the same amount of time.  Some species are better evolved than others.  Also, some humans are better evolved than others, even if it isn't by very much.  Height is a simple example.
12/1/2012 7:36 PM
"Animals protect their young because of instinct and dont grieve."

Is this factual based or just another of your ill informed opinions?
12/1/2012 11:25 PM
yeah, some humans don't protect their young...so maybe we're not so evolved
12/2/2012 1:04 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/1/2012 7:20:00 PM (view original):
No you are not more evolved. All the humans are the same. We all have the same capacity for growth.

Animals are below us. They are there for us. In some cases we created the animal to support us.

Again you want to make this some kind of Bambi moment. Where everyone cries over a deer getting shot.

We are the dominant species. We have inteligence. If our child dies we mourn their loss and are sad that they will never live a full and happy life.

Animals protect their young because of instinct and dont grieve.

Sorry.
Sorry? Sorry for being wrong about everything you say?

"We have inteligence."

Some of us have intelligence. Others can't even spell the word.
12/2/2012 1:22 AM
Posted by jm1618 on 12/1/2012 7:36:00 PM (view original):
No species is more evolved than other; they've all been evolving for the same amount of time.  Some species are better evolved than others.  Also, some humans are better evolved than others, even if it isn't by very much.  Height is a simple example.
I don't think you have a large grasp of evolution.    And 'height' is not a simple example of a species being more evolved.   Even using the word 'more' in combination with evolution is misleading, except for the math.

As for what path evolution will take in regards to swamphawk and ghengis and wylie and everyone else - which of them have more offspring?  How likely are those offspring likely to have children?   Then run the tape a few thousand years, and I'm guessing there won't be any of their genes in the pool of **** sapiens.    In order to evolve, a species needs replacements.   The western world is not doing this very well.

12/2/2012 4:14 AM
i got five

the future is mine
12/2/2012 8:52 AM
I believe JM was saying some humans height compared to other humans height indicates that some of us have evolved better then some others of us.  (not me unfortunately)

Thank goodness the western world isnt good at making babies, the western world is already grossly over-populated.

12/2/2012 8:54 AM
It has nothing to do with evolution. The food chain is a delicate thing.  If you remove a species from the food chain the animal above that is meant to check the population of the missing species dies out, while the species below numbers grow unchecked. From there the dominoes fall. 
12/2/2012 10:32 AM
Wait...

A species dies because it has nothing to eat...How does this cause a species to go unchecked?

Why wernt they eating the unchecked species befor they died?

And this whole fragile ecosystem is bunk.

Species were dying out long before humans were around and things worked out.

Animal A eats Animal B because they are used to it. If Animal B is gone they will start eating animal C
12/2/2012 2:13 PM
I said (IF A SPECIES IS REMOVED) meaning man removes it from the food chain lardass. I didn't say the first species died out because it had nothing to eat. Get some comprehension skills. 

For example. If our poisoning of the air and water cause a species of bird the eats mosquitoes to die off. The results is more mosquitoes are in the environment because their main predator is gone. The result is more chance of an epidemic from disease carrying mosquitoes.

Also, it isn't bunk. You are right that species disappeared before humans. They either evolved into another species, didn't evolve to changing conditions or were wipe out by a earth wide event like the meteorite that caused the dinosaurs to disappear.

The were not wipe off the face of the earth by over hunting, poisoning of their environment or deforestation of their habitat. All of which humans are doing or have done to this planet and the animals and plant that reside on it. 

12/2/2012 3:26 PM
Posted by jiml60 on 12/1/2012 11:25:00 PM (view original):

If you google it you will find some Animal lovers bending voer backwards to prove that animals grieve.

In reality there is no evidence to suggest that they do.

You may read about some kind of primate keeping its dead newborn for a period of time after it died, and people wanted to attach human emotions to this.

In reality, as explained by a sicentist, the animal was just confused over its newborn and was waiting for it to reccover.

We are the only animal that understands.

If evidence suggests that some other animal can understand we can make a law to prevent me from riding, eating and wearing them.
12/2/2012 4:40 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/2/2012 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jiml60 on 12/1/2012 11:25:00 PM (view original):

If you google it you will find some Animal lovers bending voer backwards to prove that animals grieve.

In reality there is no evidence to suggest that they do.

You may read about some kind of primate keeping its dead newborn for a period of time after it died, and people wanted to attach human emotions to this.

In reality, as explained by a sicentist, the animal was just confused over its newborn and was waiting for it to reccover.

We are the only animal that understands.

If evidence suggests that some other animal can understand we can make a law to prevent me from riding, eating and wearing them.
Me powerful brainy human, you defenseless doe eyed bambi, me ride you till you die, then me eat you 'cause me hungy. That is way of world.

(all in the voice of tarzan/swampy)
12/2/2012 5:05 PM
I don't think many people are concerned when a species dies out because of human actions.  The problem is when the species that dies out is us.  I'm not saying that this will happen any time soon, but if we continue to have a complete disregard for the environment, it's possible.
12/2/2012 6:59 PM
Posted by jm1618 on 12/2/2012 6:59:00 PM (view original):
I don't think many people are concerned when a species dies out because of human actions.  The problem is when the species that dies out is us.  I'm not saying that this will happen any time soon, but if we continue to have a complete disregard for the environment, it's possible.
That is were people are ignorant. If a species dies out and it offsets the balance if it is the right one, it could lead to the downfall of our species. 
12/2/2012 7:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
More enviromental extremism in government! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.