2043 Census Prediction: Topic

No one is advocating not letting blacks buy houses.

What I was saying is someone not wanting blacks to move into their neighberhood doesnt have to be racist if their is a logical basis for it from the history of the white homeowner.

We cant actually talk about that though.

It isnt PC.
12/27/2012 7:25 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You know what Swamp, put yourself in the shoes of a typical black person, and be honest with yourself here, if you were blocked from buying a house in whatever neighbourhood that you could afford to live in because you are black, how would that make you feel?  Would you think that was fair because your skin happened to have darker pigments then the white family across the road?  Come on now, lets be honest here Swampy.  If that ISNT racism what the F is?  Why do you feel like the bar needs to be set so high up?  Maybe its because you want the bar set high enough that you can feel safe in the knowledge that you are not racist.  Guess what?  the Ku Klux Klan have do the same things man!  (obviously they take it to the extreme)  But they justify their actions by convincing themselves that blacks and gays are a lower form of life.  Like literally.  Guess who else did the same thing?  I'll give you a clue, he had a funny mustache, and he lived until he died in the 40s.  The reality is that we should look at each other like we are 5 yrs old again, like nobody has a colour, that we are all the same.  They are closest to God (little children), why not model yourself after that?  If everybody did imagine how much nicer the world would be, just imagine...
12/27/2012 9:58 PM
Posted by The Taint on 12/27/2012 9:18:00 PM (view original):
What is there to talk about?
Swamp's latent racism?
12/28/2012 12:26 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/27/2012 7:25:00 PM (view original):
No one is advocating not letting blacks buy houses.

What I was saying is someone not wanting blacks to move into their neighberhood doesnt have to be racist if their is a logical basis for it from the history of the white homeowner.

We cant actually talk about that though.

It isnt PC.
the key here is what logical means to you.  A racist probably thinks its extremely logical to think whatever racists thoughts he or she thinks.  That's because he or she is racist!   To think it is logical to not want blacks (or any other minority) to move into your neighborhood is racist.
12/28/2012 1:58 AM
So all the whites that got had to move out of Detroit that lost all the value of their property when crime went up and property values went down are supposed to ignore it? They worked their whole lives to maintain their homes and lost everything. They had to start over again.

Again I dont think anyone should be prevented from moving anywhere. Freedom of the market is important.

That doesnt mean that there is no reason for a feeling other than hate of a race.
12/28/2012 2:06 AM
no, there's nothing to say you can't move if you don't like the neighborhood you are in.   Just like there is nothing to say someone can't move into your neighborhood if they like it and can afford it.  You don't have to hate a race to be racist.
12/28/2012 12:50 PM
So if a guy owns a pizza place and he only puts up pictures of Italians in it and there is a large local black population does not putting up pictures of blacks make him a racist?
12/28/2012 1:16 PM
No, but what if the owner didn't allow black people in the eatery...would that be racist?
12/28/2012 10:23 PM
putting up pictures of Italians only would not be racist.  The Blacks in the area are welcome to in if they want, and not come in if they don't want.  THEY have the choice.  If the owner doe not allow Blacks in that is racist.

It's a question of choice. The Blacks in the area have the choice whether they want to eat in the pizza place or not.  If the owner does not allow Blacks in, they (the Blacks) do not have a choice. As long as anyone is allowed to eat there, the owner can decorate however he sees fit.  Its no different than what kind of food the owner elects to serve.  Its the owners choice, just as its the people's cjoice whether they want to eat there or not
12/29/2012 12:56 AM
1 I admit freely that not allowing blacks or any race in is racist. No debate at all.

2 You know in the real world there are many cases of people getting accused of racism for things like I described. It comes from the movie "Do the right thing". I want the world to be perfect and we all get along. It isnt happening. So since people that I side with seem to be getting the brunt of the racism attacks I want it clear that a lot of times it isnt as clear as some would make it seem.
12/29/2012 3:00 AM
Like I said..if a pizzaria owner in a mostly black neigborhood allows blacs in his place but chooses to put italian pcitures up on the walls and play italian music, that is not racists, just bad business.
12/30/2012 1:25 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/29/2012 3:00:00 AM (view original):
1 I admit freely that not allowing blacks or any race in is racist. No debate at all.

2 You know in the real world there are many cases of people getting accused of racism for things like I described. It comes from the movie "Do the right thing". I want the world to be perfect and we all get along. It isnt happening. So since people that I side with seem to be getting the brunt of the racism attacks I want it clear that a lot of times it isnt as clear as some would make it seem.
So not allowing blacks into your eatery is racist....but not into your neighborhood isn't racist?  That really dosen't compute to me.....
12/30/2012 1:27 AM
If you are not letting people in because they are black you are racist.

If you dont want black people to move into your neighberhood because of the history of race relations in your community but you do not act on it there is no racism.
12/30/2012 2:30 AM
Dumb ***.
12/30/2012 9:18 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
2043 Census Prediction: Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.