Connecticut shooting Topic

Posted by jclarkbaker on 12/22/2012 3:22:00 PM (view original):
And you of course miss the point.  Armed guards are not the fool proof solution.  But the shooters at Columbine knew they had but one person to deal with: the guard, who was easily identifiable.  They did not have to worry about someone carrying concealed.  Still, his presence saved lives.  Why?  BECAUSE HE HAD A ******* GUN.
Sounds like Chris Christie misses the point also. He thinks its bullshit.

Is there proof that these persons(actually there were two armed officers) saved lives?

Joe Manchin thinks anything over three rounds in a clip is bullshit.

SIEGEL: Well, let me put you some of the things that New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has said. For example, he raises the question of why should anybody be selling armor-piercing bullets to anyone in this country? The only people they'd be used against, they're not - you know, as he says, the deer don't wear armor. They're for shooting cops. They're for shooting people who wear bulletproof vests.

MANCHIN: It makes all the common sense in the world. That question is as common, and it should be asked, and it should be talked about and everyone should come to agreement on that. Those are the things. But if you can't get people in the room, in a commonsense way, talking about things that logically make sense, you know, I can't give you an answer. I don't know. I'd like to find out.

SIEGEL: But you've said that, for example, as a hunter, you've never used a clip that fired off more than three...

MANCHIN: Correct.

SIEGEL: ...three rounds, I guess.

MANCHIN: Correct. I'm a sportsman. You know, I go out clay shooting and put three shells in.

SIEGEL: Can you go so far as to say there should be a real limit, as there used to be, on how big a magazine you can use?

MANCHIN: What I will say is I want to sit down with the people that want 10 or more rounds. I want to hear. I don't know. I want to hear their reasoning, and I think that's a conversation that we need to have, Robert, and I keep saying that.

There's a change in he wind.......
12/23/2012 12:19 AM
Oh, and who's gonna pay for armed guards in every school?
12/23/2012 12:20 AM
Does anyone remember that the Columbine shooting happened while we had an extremly strict Assualt Gun Ban.
12/23/2012 2:40 AM
Where is this magical place that Joe Citizen can go and buy armor piercing rounds?   What does that mean?    Depleted uranium rounds?   Bullets that travel fast and have pointy ends?
And a hunter that would never load more than 3 rounds?    Not a real hunter.   Even black-powder hunters carry another way to kill off a wounded animal.      That guy isn't a hunter.   He must hunt like John Kerry did.
And a 'sportsman'.   Whoopie.   He shoots clays.   He goes to a place where EVERYONE has a shotgun, and boxes of shells, and plays a game.     Why is it that no one has ever gone crazy there and started shooting people?   I mean,  guns everywhere.   Guns and guns and guns.   Why doesn't anyone go crazy at a gun show?   Tables full of guns, boxes full of ammo laying around.  Not a 'Gun Free' anything anywhere near, and no mass murders.   Wow.  Quite the coincidence.
Looks like you have 2 guys talking about something neither one knows anything about.     That's a good way to never lose an argument.
It's similar to calling everything an assault rifle, or a cop-killer bullet, or automatic weapons.  It just makes you sound foolish, and does not help anyone coming up with a valid plan.
It's as if you are really trying to create more victims.
12/23/2012 3:44 AM
could you rephrase all that

It's as if you are really trying to create more pissyfits.
12/23/2012 4:29 AM
Ok.   Sound reasonable and act as if you know what you are talking about.  Then your ideas and solutions might carry some weight.  
Sound like you only know about firearms from watching old Kojak or Gunsmoke reruns, and no one will care what your opinion is.
12/23/2012 5:04 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/23/2012 2:40:00 AM (view original):
Does anyone remember that the Columbine shooting happened while we had an extremly strict Assualt Gun Ban.
Your point. Look at all the crazy mass shootings since it was lifted.

Is your point....since there was a ban, and an incident still happened, we really dont need a ban.
12/23/2012 8:41 AM
Posted by euzly on 12/23/2012 3:44:00 AM (view original):
Where is this magical place that Joe Citizen can go and buy armor piercing rounds?   What does that mean?    Depleted uranium rounds?   Bullets that travel fast and have pointy ends?
And a hunter that would never load more than 3 rounds?    Not a real hunter.   Even black-powder hunters carry another way to kill off a wounded animal.      That guy isn't a hunter.   He must hunt like John Kerry did.
And a 'sportsman'.   Whoopie.   He shoots clays.   He goes to a place where EVERYONE has a shotgun, and boxes of shells, and plays a game.     Why is it that no one has ever gone crazy there and started shooting people?   I mean,  guns everywhere.   Guns and guns and guns.   Why doesn't anyone go crazy at a gun show?   Tables full of guns, boxes full of ammo laying around.  Not a 'Gun Free' anything anywhere near, and no mass murders.   Wow.  Quite the coincidence.
Looks like you have 2 guys talking about something neither one knows anything about.     That's a good way to never lose an argument.
It's similar to calling everything an assault rifle, or a cop-killer bullet, or automatic weapons.  It just makes you sound foolish, and does not help anyone coming up with a valid plan.
It's as if you are really trying to create more victims.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30109090/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/mom-kills-son-then-self-shooting-range/
12/23/2012 8:45 AM

She had time to get off two shots.  Mental illness was involved.   I wouldn't exactly call that a murder spree.   Sportsman clays usually involve a crowd of people, unless he's just practicing with someone else, who he could easily kill, duh.   When you go nuts or forget your medication, you can easily kill all the passengers in your car, and hit a bus along the way.    So your plan is....?
It would have been unlikely the Mom at the range could have walked around and shot 20 people at her leisure.
Or do you want to get rid of shooting ranges as part of your master plan?   What is the point of your post?    That mentally ill people shouldn't be allowed to have kids?  Or gun ranges should demand medical files of all users?   Or only single-shot guns should be allowed?   Or Keanu Reeves should appear and say 'I wouldn't do that if I were you'?   What?
Layout a plan, get the county or state or country to vote on it, and go for it.    So far this thread slides from one extreme to another.  

12/23/2012 9:12 AM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 12/23/2012 8:41:00 AM (view original):

Is your point....since there was a ban, and an incident still happened, we really dont need a ban.
My point is we didnt have a ban and shootings happened.

We started a ban and shootings happened.

We kept a ban in place over a long period of time and shootings happened.

We phased out the ban and shootings happened.

Logic seems to indicate that shootings and assualt gun bans dont seem to have any effect on each other.
12/23/2012 10:49 AM
swamp and logic are not well aquainted
12/23/2012 1:12 PM
Posted by The Taint on 12/23/2012 12:20:00 AM (view original):
Oh, and who's gonna pay for armed guards in every school?
I bet Bloomberg's body guards have armor piercing bullets.  But keep listening to the guys surrounded by armed security.

I will say it for about the third time:  there is plenty of ******* money in education.  Fire a useless administrator or 10, as they seem to multiply like rabbits, and hire someone useful.

12/23/2012 2:12 PM

His point is that all the idiotic ideas the Dems and no gun crowd talks about don't work, because the problem is the mentally ill and criminals.
12/23/2012 2:14 PM
Posted by jclarkbaker on 12/23/2012 2:14:00 PM (view original):

His point is that all the idiotic ideas the Dems and no gun crowd talks about don't work, because the problem is the mentally ill and criminals.
And if you create laws that likely harder for weapons to find their way into their hands....then these mass shootings will go down. Fact is....we have had more shootings since the assault ban was lifted.
12/23/2012 6:39 PM
Here is an interesting fact I didnt know.

If you are a felon and you try to buy a gun and they screen you and turn you down you dont get arrested for trying to buy a gun??
12/24/2012 1:39 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...26 Next ▸
Connecticut shooting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.