Connecticut shooting Topic

Posted by 05nomar05 on 12/23/2012 6:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jclarkbaker on 12/23/2012 2:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 12/23/2012 8:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/23/2012 2:40:00 AM (view original):
Does anyone remember that the Columbine shooting happened while we had an extremly strict Assualt Gun Ban.
Your point. Look at all the crazy mass shootings since it was lifted.

Is your point....since there was a ban, and an incident still happened, we really dont need a ban.
His point is that all the idiotic ideas the Dems and no gun crowd talks about don't work, because the problem is the mentally ill and criminals.
And if you create laws that likely harder for weapons to find their way into their hands....then these mass shootings will go down. Fact is....we have had more shootings since the assault ban was lifted.
It's that simple, is it?  Parents can't even find out everything they need to know about their own children's mental health because of privacy laws.  Gun laws have nothing at all to do about it.  There is no system in place that flags these people, unless they have committed a crime.  I do not see any issue with the pro-gun crowd agreeing to the mentally ill being flagged.  Mental health and privacy laws are the problem.

Again, the majority on these boards do not understand the problem.  It is not guns.

12/23/2012 10:25 PM
Posted by jclarkbaker on 12/23/2012 2:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 12/23/2012 12:20:00 AM (view original):
Oh, and who's gonna pay for armed guards in every school?
I bet Bloomberg's body guards have armor piercing bullets.  But keep listening to the guys surrounded by armed security.

I will say it for about the third time:  there is plenty of ******* money in education.  Fire a useless administrator or 10, as they seem to multiply like rabbits, and hire someone useful.

Your statements indicate that you know Jack and **** about education.  And Jack left town. 
12/23/2012 11:34 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 12/23/2012 6:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jclarkbaker on 12/23/2012 2:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 12/23/2012 8:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/23/2012 2:40:00 AM (view original):
Does anyone remember that the Columbine shooting happened while we had an extremly strict Assualt Gun Ban.
Your point. Look at all the crazy mass shootings since it was lifted.

Is your point....since there was a ban, and an incident still happened, we really dont need a ban.
His point is that all the idiotic ideas the Dems and no gun crowd talks about don't work, because the problem is the mentally ill and criminals.
And if you create laws that likely harder for weapons to find their way into their hands....then these mass shootings will go down. Fact is....we have had more shootings since the assault ban was lifted.
We had shootings before during and after the ban. The idea that a small increase is caused by the ban being lifted is unsuportable.

What we need are laws that make criminals go to jail and insane people go to the hospital.

And leave honest law abiding citizens alone.
12/24/2012 1:42 AM
Posted by Smokewagon on 12/23/2012 11:34:00 PM (view original):
I bet Bloomberg's body guards have armor piercing bullets.  But keep listening to the guys surrounded by armed security.

I will say it for about the third time:  there is plenty of ******* money in education.  Fire a useless administrator or 10, as they seem to multiply like rabbits, and hire someone useful.

Your statements indicate that you know Jack and **** about education.  And Jack left town. 
Are you kidding me?  You're right, I know nothing of eduction.  Being the son of two teachers, the nephew of another, the son in law of another, and the husband of another.

Education is the poster child for govt wasting money.  There is a ton of money in education.  Much of the waste is on personnel. 

Oh, and guess what?  1/3 of schools have already found enough money for armed guards:

"Nationwide, at least 23,000 schools — about one-third of all public schools — already had armed security on staff as of the most recent data, for the 2009-10 school year, and a number of states and districts that do not use them have begun discussing the idea in recent days."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/22/us/nra-calls-for-armed-guards-at-schools.html?_r=0

So, to all those who said the NRA was stupid with their comment about armed guards:  you're idiots.

And to those of you who say "who will pay" or "there is no money in eduction" to pay for armed guards:  you're idiots.

12/24/2012 8:59 PM
Government waste is inherent in the system.

I dont know Education as well as Jclark and will bow to his knowledge. It also all seems logical.

Libraries are another example.

We have all heard a story of poor libraries being cash starved. I did a little research and found out that all of the women working at a local Library all have degrees in library science and are paid top dollar. Except for the head librarian they are little more than glorified clerks. They sort books, take fines, send emails to people about books and do basic shelving duties. Their job skills are similar to a Walmart clerk. So instead of getting paid like that, they are paid as much as several clerks. And we all pay for it.

That is how the government works.
12/24/2012 10:20 PM
"I dont know Education as well as Jclark and will bow to his knowledge. It also all seems logical. "

I love it when you bring the unintentional comedy, Jclark and knowledge should never be in the same sentence.  Keep us laughing, swampy.

12/25/2012 12:22 AM
Posted by jiml60 on 12/25/2012 12:22:00 AM (view original):
"I dont know Education as well as Jclark and will bow to his knowledge. It also all seems logical. "

I love it when you bring the unintentional comedy, Jclark and knowledge should never be in the same sentence.  Keep us laughing, swampy.

Swamp bowing before JClark? Don't blow it!
12/25/2012 1:27 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/24/2012 1:39:00 AM (view original):
Here is an interesting fact I didnt know.

If you are a felon and you try to buy a gun and they screen you and turn you down you dont get arrested for trying to buy a gun??
I don't know where you are getting your facts from.

Here's what I can tell you.

If a person is denied a gun purchase, 90% of the time, the FBI-NICS operator's next question is "What address did they put on the Form 4473?"

What happens after that is between the FBI and the ATF.  But I'm pretty sure they aren't putting them on a Christmas Card list.
12/25/2012 1:30 AM
Posted by jclarkbaker on 12/24/2012 8:59:00 PM (view original):

Are you kidding me?  You're right, I know nothing of eduction.  Being the son of two teachers, the nephew of another, the son in law of another, and the husband of another.

Education is the poster child for govt wasting money.  There is a ton of money in education.  Much of the waste is on personnel. 

Oh, and guess what?  1/3 of schools have already found enough money for armed guards:

"Nationwide, at least 23,000 schools — about one-third of all public schools — already had armed security on staff as of the most recent data, for the 2009-10 school year, and a number of states and districts that do not use them have begun discussing the idea in recent days."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/22/us/nra-calls-for-armed-guards-at-schools.html?_r=0

So, to all those who said the NRA was stupid with their comment about armed guards:  you're idiots.

And to those of you who say "who will pay" or "there is no money in eduction" to pay for armed guards:  you're idiots.

Here's what you wrote in your post:  "I am related to teachers, I support the NRA, and everyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot."
12/25/2012 2:52 PM
Re: New York Firefighters ambushed and murdered

<<Authorities do not know how Spengler obtained the Bushmaster rifle (AR-15) , .38-caliber revolver and 12-gauge shotgun he used, Pickering said. As a convicted felon, Spengler was not allowed to legally possess weapons.>>

Now which of these would someone choose if they wanted to shoot the largest number of people, in the shortest amount of time, from the "safest" distance?

Thank goodness we have these protections against a tyrannical government. Like firefighters. Rock on 2nd Amendment!
12/25/2012 3:33 PM
could have done as much damage with something like a Lee/Enfield from WWII.

Again if your side really wants to put forth a meaure to ban 30 round clip semi autos you can probably get that through in the current climate.

If you want to use this to ban a large number of guns you will fail!
12/25/2012 8:37 PM
Posted by Smokewagon on 12/25/2012 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jclarkbaker on 12/24/2012 8:59:00 PM (view original):

Here's what you wrote in your post:  "I am related to teachers, I support the NRA, and everyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot."
And I refuted your idiotic comment.  If you really want to have a discussion about how there is not enough money in education, bring it on.  As I have already indicated, 1/3 of schools have already found the money.  I can guarantee you the richest school districts are in the other 2/3rds, because of the parents are likely idiotic liberals who have a reflexive hate of guns.  So bring it on *******.
12/25/2012 10:27 PM
Posted by fencer024 on 12/25/2012 1:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/24/2012 1:39:00 AM (view original):
Here is an interesting fact I didnt know.

If you are a felon and you try to buy a gun and they screen you and turn you down you dont get arrested for trying to buy a gun??
I don't know where you are getting your facts from.

Here's what I can tell you.

If a person is denied a gun purchase, 90% of the time, the FBI-NICS operator's next question is "What address did they put on the Form 4473?"

What happens after that is between the FBI and the ATF.  But I'm pretty sure they aren't putting them on a Christmas Card list.

In reality they almost are never prosecuted.

12/25/2012 11:08 PM
<<And I refuted your idiotic comment.  If you really want to have a discussion about how there is not enough money in education, bring it on.  As I have already indicated, 1/3 of schools have already found the money.  I can guarantee you the richest school districts are in the other 2/3rds, because of the parents are likely idiotic liberals who have a reflexive hate of guns.  So bring it on *******.>>

So JClark....you are saying the wealthiest people in America are likely idiotic liberals? But would that not also include the job creators you are all bowing down to?
12/26/2012 12:54 AM
And the NRA and its supporters continue to bow down before Moloch.
12/26/2012 12:55 AM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...26 Next ▸
Connecticut shooting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.