My nomination for MORON OF THE CENTURY! Topic

1 I think we all agree Corporations are there for profits.

2 We may have some loopholes and subsidies but out corporate tax rate is one of the highest in the free world.

3 So what about all the other things. Tort reform, Obamacare, EEOC, OHSA...etc etc!

4 They are not my friends, they are my employer. They are the engines of the economy. We all prosper together!
1/7/2013 11:44 PM
Exactly, but you said that they have different objectives....

Some loopholes? When GE can get away with paying 0 in taxes and when Buffett pays less tax then his secretary surely you must think there is something wrong with this picture...

Gov programs are needed... Nuff said....

You defend them and the rich as though you were close friends. And btw they aren't engines of the economy... SMB are the drivers of the economy. Big business in the past 10 years has essentially done no hiring whatsoever. Pretty well all the hiring has been done by SMB and governement.
1/8/2013 8:27 AM
They are all out for their own profits. One companies advantage is anothers disadvantage. One companies subsidy is another companies unfair disadvantage.

Warren Buffet did not pay less taxes. He paid millions and millions and his secretary paid thousands.
Since Buffet was not earning an income and was only paying capital gains taxes he pays a lower PERCENTAGE.
Everyone pays the same rate depending on if you are making income or reinvesting money you already paid taxes on.

Some government action is clearly needed. No one anywhere denies this.
The expansion of the size and scope of government since FDR was elected is staggering.

SMB is important. No one denies this.
Corporations are still a very important part of the America economy and we cannot prosper without them.
1/8/2013 12:44 PM
Fat ******* Fascist continues to bore me.
1/8/2013 12:47 PM
Posted by rcrusso on 1/8/2013 12:47:00 PM (view original):
Fat ******* Fascist continues to bore me.
This is the normal response of the left.

A logical debate about issues is being carried out.

The left is furious that not everyone agrees with all they say and declares...

1 The conversation is over.
2 The people who disagree with them are crazy, stupid or evil.
3 Their position is clearly the correct one.
1/8/2013 12:51 PM
All I said was that you bore me and that you were fat. If the truth hurts then take an aspirin.
1/8/2013 1:06 PM
swamp's winning Moron of the Century voting.

Congrats!!!
1/8/2013 1:12 PM
Posted by genghisxcon on 1/8/2013 1:12:00 PM (view original):

Congrats!!!
Actually I am destroying the left wing selling point.

"We are in trouble becuase rich people are not paying enough taxes".

This is clearly a lie.

If Romney had me writing his speeches and ads we might have a different president now!
1/8/2013 1:34 PM
Literally LOL
1/8/2013 1:36 PM
I'm not sure what your strong point is, but it clearly isn't writing.
1/8/2013 1:38 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/8/2013 1:34:00 PM (view original):

Congrats!!!

This is clearly a lie.

If Romney had me writing his speeches and ads we might have a different president now!
You havent destroyed anything, you cant simply say Buffet pays milions in taxes.  The real question is does he (and other mega rich) pay their FAIR share.  his effective tax rate in 2010 was 17% his secretary was at 34%.  Why is he paying such a smaller percentate?  Heck he has publicly said that he figures he and his compatriots should be paying more tax then they do.  Another related ***** for me is he reportedly made nearly $63 million in earnings, and yet his TAXABLE earnings were only $39 mill.  Why such a huge descrepency there?  That is BS!  If you counted everything he earned (why shouldnt we?) with the amount of tax he paid ($6.9 million) his real tax rate was only 9.13%.  WTF???

that last line gave me a good laugh.  You really think you are smarter and more qualified then the speech writers Rmoney used????  lol

1/8/2013 1:52 PM
that last line gave me a good laugh. You really think you are smarter and more qualified then the speech writers Rmoney used???? lol

I know I am not smarter than most of Romney's speech writers. My BA from Wayne state University in Detroit doesnt put me in the top of the world

All I know was a lot of times I felt that I could have done better.

I never got that feeling with Clinton, Reagan or for that matter Obama.
1/8/2013 2:21 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 1/8/2013 1:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/8/2013 1:34:00 PM (view original):

Congrats!!!

This is clearly a lie.

You havent destroyed anything, you cant simply say Buffet pays milions in taxes.  The real question is does he (and other mega rich) pay their FAIR share.  his effective tax rate in 2010 was 17% his secretary was at 34%.  Why is he paying such a smaller percentate?  Heck he has publicly said that he figures he and his compatriots should be paying more tax then they do.  Another related ***** for me is he reportedly made nearly $63 million in earnings, and yet his TAXABLE earnings were only $39 mill.  Why such a huge descrepency there?  That is BS!  If you counted everything he earned (why shouldnt we?) with the amount of tax he paid ($6.9 million) his real tax rate was only 9.13%.  WTF???

that last line gave me a good laugh.  You really think you are smarter and more qualified then the speech writers Rmoney used????  lol

We are comparing apples and oranges.

If we punish investment with capital gains taxes we hurt all Americans.

It may make a few rich people pay more, but in the end it will result in very little money and hurt the economy.

1/8/2013 2:23 PM
You forget that we're familiar with your work.
1/8/2013 2:24 PM
Somewhere in the world a village has lost its idiot. 
1/8/2013 2:27 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...10 Next ▸
My nomination for MORON OF THE CENTURY! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.