My nomination for MORON OF THE CENTURY! Topic

Posted by jclarkbaker on 1/8/2013 8:00:00 PM (view original):
Oh, and you fucktards complaining about the cost of the wars if ******* retarded.  It is nothing compared to the money flushed down the toilet by Obama since he has been in office.  

Cash for clunkers: fail.  Didn't even help the environment.  

Auto bailout: fail.  they still can't stand on their own, and are sucking of the govt *** with huge subsidies and the govt paying far more for too many cars.  Oh, and nice sell back O.  Taxpayers got hosed.  Not as much as secured creditors though.  They got completely ****** so O could pay off the union.  

Ocare: fail.  Projections already show it costing tons more than predicted.  Oh, and wait till libs start realizing that the intention of the system is for small business to drop health coverage.  So as to force people to call for national health care.  How many people get ****** when their company drops coverage.

Green tech spending:  laughing my *** off.

How much has he added to the national debt?  Is he at $10trillion yet?
Yeah, you know better than most economists. They're probably in the main stream pocket also, right?
1/9/2013 2:09 AM
Posted by The Taint on 1/9/2013 1:59:00 AM (view original):
Does that figure account for the rearming of our arsenal or veteran disability and long term care?

Thats exactly my point, the real cost to the entire world could conceivably be in the hundreds of trillions of dollars for these 2 wars if you count everything.  Everybody in charge wants to convince we the people that the cost of those wars was insignificant right like the 800 billion dollars that BS websites like "costofwar.com" says is insignificant, but it gives morons like Swampy a somewhat digestible number to throw around.  They dont want to see the facts that Bush put the entire worlds economies at stake by starting 2 wars that would have such massive price tags.

1/9/2013 4:08 AM
Don't think hundreds of trillions is accurate but 3-5 trillion probably is.....and for what?
1/9/2013 10:00 AM

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: DUBYA WRECKED THE WORLD'S ECONOMY FER DECADES

PEOPLE LIKE MUCOUS+ EARWIG+ SWAMP ARE RESPONSIBLE FER VOTING FOR THE MORON

1/9/2013 10:31 AM
Taint 3-5 trillion is what America alone spent on the Iraq war, and that doesn't include the decades of rehabilitating on all of the veterans coming home. I am counting the total cost to the entire world, including loss of life and health costs associated due to both wars. I don't think if you count everything (including rebuilding) 100 trillion is out of line. And for what? A single dictator and a guy who blew up the twin towers. Id think there would have been cheaper ways to rid the world of 2 people.
1/9/2013 12:30 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 1/9/2013 4:08:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 1/9/2013 1:59:00 AM (view original):
Does that figure account for the rearming of our arsenal or veteran disability and long term care?

Thats exactly my point, the real cost to the entire world could conceivably be in the hundreds of trillions of dollars for these 2 wars if you count everything.  Everybody in charge wants to convince we the people that the cost of those wars was insignificant right like the 800 billion dollars that BS websites like "costofwar.com" says is insignificant, but it gives morons like Swampy a somewhat digestible number to throw around.  They dont want to see the facts that Bush put the entire worlds economies at stake by starting 2 wars that would have such massive price tags.

Costofwar.com is funded by a liberal think tank. It supports many of the same values that you seem to support.

And can you make any real connection between the current world economic situation and the Iraq war?

Our collapse was caused by an artificial real estate bubble that collapsed. I think every president since Reagan can take a little credit for that.

This villianization of Bush over the Iaq war is getting tiresome. We can argue the validity of his reasons for starting the war, but it was not now and will never be a major issue in the history of America.
1/9/2013 7:39 PM
liberal think tank, Im guessing that you pulled that info out of thin air like you get most of your info.

When the 2 wars have cost the world as much as they have I would say they have had a major negative impact.  The crash was caused as I have told you before by credit default swaps.  If it werent for those several thousand people would simply have lost the ability to pay their mortgage and that is it.

Bush started both wars, so yes that makes him the villain.  Not a major issue?  I suppose that depends on if you are on of the tens of thousands of injured and dead american soldiers.  I guess it would also depend on what you believe is the real cost of the warS!

1/9/2013 7:56 PM
Bush started two wars?
1/9/2013 8:37 PM
Maybe in the revisionist history of America.....it's definitely not going to go down as a great decision.
1/9/2013 8:49 PM
ummm Afghanistan and Iraq, me thinks that is 2 no?
1/9/2013 9:07 PM
"Costofwar.com is funded by a liberal think tank. It supports many of the same values that you seem to support."

If it is a liberal think tank, just because it shares the same values as those of us on the left, if they misrepresent the truth, at least we'll call them out on it and not march lock-step with lies like the right does.
1/9/2013 10:46 PM
What the numbers represent are the actual cost of the war.

Not inflated numbers. Not adding in every possible cost.
1/10/2013 12:01 AM
Aren't you worried about what those "every possible costs" are going to cost our grandchildren and children?
1/10/2013 12:03 AM
We have to have a rational way to determine costs.

You can exaggeratethe numbers and do all sorts of things to make the costs seem higher.

We are not lowering the costs based on jobs created and taxes taken in based on military production.

We are looking at it through logical eyes.
1/10/2013 2:53 AM

And no one wants an American soldier to die.

That being said the number of deaths in Iraq for as long as we are there is small.

This was not a brutal war.

We had a large number of injuries and that is never good. That is a cost but again a relativly moderate cost.

1/10/2013 2:55 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
My nomination for MORON OF THE CENTURY! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.