How about that..... Topic

Nope, never said that.  You grabbed that out of the air.  Not surprising.
4/4/2013 9:42 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 4/4/2013 5:45:00 PM (view original):
You are saying the governments of the world are trying to make a one world government and Im the one who is providing good entertainment?  LOL

Lets see, who is dealing in reality here, Baker pushing this one world government theory, or me saying that corporations have been known to stretch the truth here and there if it benefits their bottom line.

No one is denying that a Corporation might fudge the truth to make their bottom line stronger.

What is being denied is that Scientists fudge data to support their Federal Grant money.

The science communitty needs disasters and chaos to get money.

There are thousands of scientists who disagree with man made global climate change. Not all of them work for an oil company.
4/8/2013 2:35 PM
And what proof do you have that scientists have to fudge numbers to get money from the government?  What benefit is it to the gubment for people to believe in climate change?  I dont see any way it benefits them unless you are one of the conspiracy theorists that believe "One world government" is their end goal.

And there are millions of em that believe that man is the prime contributor to the PROVEN accelerated climate change in the past 100 or so years.

4/8/2013 6:00 PM
If people believe the sky is falling, they will look to their leaders (aka, the government) to protect/save them.

Scared people are significantly easier to govern and manipulate.

And with a name like "greeny", you're probably not exactly an unbiased resource for environmental news.
4/8/2013 6:04 PM
WOULD YE TRUST AN "OILY"?
4/8/2013 6:09 PM
So Todd, what you are saying is that the government has an agenda to create a one world government too just like Baker.  Why do you righties have such crazy conspiracy theories?

Yep Anton, I bet Swamp, Mucous, Baker, Todd, Moe and the rest of these righties would respect my word more if my handle had oil in it somewhere... or corp...  Oh, and Id have to spew Fixed News propaganda constantly.

4/8/2013 6:17 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 4/8/2013 6:00:00 PM (view original):
And what proof do you have that scientists have to fudge numbers to get money from the government?  What benefit is it to the gubment for people to believe in climate change?  I dont see any way it benefits them unless you are one of the conspiracy theorists that believe "One world government" is their end goal.

And there are millions of em that believe that man is the prime contributor to the PROVEN accelerated climate change in the past 100 or so years.

You were the first to bring up one world govt. But keep up with the straw man argument.
4/8/2013 8:39 PM
Thats basically what you and Todd are referring to.

Now Baker, you like to spread misinformation about how the global temperature hasnt warmed in the past 20 years, if that is true why is it that the Arctic ice pack has been at its lowest 9 of the last 10 winters?  And last summer was THE record for lowest amount in recorded history?  And this is all according to NASA.  Riddle me that Baker

4/8/2013 9:44 PM
I never said any of that.  I've never heard of the "one world" government concept. 

I'm just saying that it's idiotic to blindly believe anything scientists or politicians say.  And global warming is one of those things that a lot of idiots blindly believe in.
4/8/2013 9:44 PM
Theres nothing blindly believing in it man.  Im living it, as is most North Americans.  Really all of us.  But most people dont want to believe that their actions and the actions of humanity are slowly destroying our climate.  Id guess the biggest reason is that they dont want to change their daily lives, so if you convince yourself that your surroundings are the same as when you where a child you dont need to feel bad about not doing anything to fix it, because you think there is nothing to fix.  I on the other hand choose to believe my eyes, I can see it everyday how things are different now then when I was a kid.  And its obvious to me and anybody else that sits down and thinks about it.  Pre-humans the Earth changed slowly.  Since the industrial revolution the Earth has been changing many many many times faster then it ever has before.  The CO2 concentrations are something like 50% more today then they were only 100 years ago, this has happened in the past but it took thousands of years to get that drastic of a change, now it takes one hundred.  You really think that that kind of change isnt going to affect our climate?  Have you heard about the recent dieing off of honey-bees?  Check it out.  How about the Mountain Pine Beetle?  years ago winters slowed them down, now winters are so calm that they arent being slowed down anymore, they are killing pine forests in numbers that will in short order make building houses quite a bit more expensive.  This just 2 of thousands of things that have changed within the past 20 years (or less).  If I spent a few days researching I could probably come up with litterally hundreds of verifiable crappy symptoms of a warming climate.

So, again, "I told you so"

4/8/2013 10:00 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 4/8/2013 9:44:00 PM (view original):

Now Baker, you like to spread misinformation about how the global temperature hasnt warmed in the past 20 years, if that is true why is it that the Arctic ice pack has been at its lowest 9 of the last 10 winters?  And last summer was THE record for lowest amount in recorded history?  And this is all according to NASA.  Riddle me that Baker

If you want to ignore the latest news reports on the temp the last two decades, fine.  It just makes you look like a blindly following cultist.
4/9/2013 10:10 AM
Posted by greeny9 on 4/8/2013 10:00:00 PM (view original):
Theres nothing blindly believing in it man.  Im living it, as is most North Americans.  Really all of us.  But most people dont want to believe that their actions and the actions of humanity are slowly destroying our climate.  Id guess the biggest reason is that they dont want to change their daily lives, so if you convince yourself that your surroundings are the same as when you where a child you dont need to feel bad about not doing anything to fix it, because you think there is nothing to fix.  I on the other hand choose to believe my eyes, I can see it everyday how things are different now then when I was a kid.  And its obvious to me and anybody else that sits down and thinks about it.  Pre-humans the Earth changed slowly.  Since the industrial revolution the Earth has been changing many many many times faster then it ever has before.  The CO2 concentrations are something like 50% more today then they were only 100 years ago, this has happened in the past but it took thousands of years to get that drastic of a change, now it takes one hundred.  You really think that that kind of change isnt going to affect our climate?  Have you heard about the recent dieing off of honey-bees?  Check it out.  How about the Mountain Pine Beetle?  years ago winters slowed them down, now winters are so calm that they arent being slowed down anymore, they are killing pine forests in numbers that will in short order make building houses quite a bit more expensive.  This just 2 of thousands of things that have changed within the past 20 years (or less).  If I spent a few days researching I could probably come up with litterally hundreds of verifiable crappy symptoms of a warming climate.

Weather is chaging. It always has. The 2 questions that we need to ask are...

1 Is this weather pattern leading to a disaster?

2 Is this weather pattern man made?

It is easy to show that there is a change in weather patterns.

It is easy to crate a scenario where it is man made, not prove it, but just create the scenario.

Can we come to "Earth is going to end if we dont destroy Western Capitalism" based on any available data??

4/9/2013 1:37 PM
Geez, do you want me to go into my psychotic rant about what a tiny sample size is covered by accurate thermometers?  It's been awhile since I've trotted it out, so if you're going to persist with this "global warming" (which has since been co-opted by "climate change" to give environmental wackos a two-way hedge), I may have to go to my "condense the history of the planet into a day" comparison.
4/9/2013 1:39 PM
Posted by jclarkbaker on 4/9/2013 10:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by greeny9 on 4/8/2013 9:44:00 PM (view original):

If you want to ignore the latest news reports on the temp the last two decades, fine.  It just makes you look like a blindly following cultist.
You mean the news reports fed to you by Fixed news?  no thank you.  I will listen to the vast majority of scientists out there that explain in vivid detail how climate change is real.  Im tired of arguing this with you.  You call me a blindly following cultist?  At least Im not a blindly ignorant Fixed news watcher.
4/9/2013 5:42 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 4/9/2013 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by greeny9 on 4/8/2013 10:00:00 PM (view original):

Weather is chaging. It always has. The 2 questions that we need to ask are...

1 Is this weather pattern leading to a disaster?

2 Is this weather pattern man made?

It is easy to show that there is a change in weather patterns.

It is easy to crate a scenario where it is man made, not prove it, but just create the scenario.

Can we come to "Earth is going to end if we dont destroy Western Capitalism" based on any available data??

Yes, weather does change, yesterday it was 10 degrees (C) today it was 3.  That must mean the climate is cooling right?

As I outlined in the large paragraph up there yes, disasters are happening right now due to climate change, unless you are fine with all honey bees dieing off and houses and any other product that uses cheap pine wood growing ever more expensive.  About the honey bees, have you looked that up yet?  I dare ya.  If you had any intelligence at all you will be scared shitless if it happens.  Can you say massive food shortages that cant be anywhere near fully replaced?

Its been proven, you just choose to not listen to that proof.  Youd rather let Fixed News lull you into a sense of safety.

Ive said numerous times its not necessary to destroy "western capitalism" to save our climate.  You choose to not believe it.  But thats what I come to expect from you righties.

4/9/2013 5:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...28 Next ▸
How about that..... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.