Two weeks in America... Topic

So lets get down to the basics of why there is a disagreement over things like licenses and registrations.

The left wants the rules of guns to be made so more people cannot have guns. They want guns to be rare.

They want laws that make it hard for people to get carry permits or even own guns. They want the laws to make you lock up your guns so you cannot use them in defense. They want every gun in America to be on a government list, even though that has nothing to do with preventing crimes.

The right is willing to have simple rules to tighten things up a tad, but the right to K&B arms is fundemental.
3/3/2013 2:14 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 3/3/2013 2:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by seamar_116 on 3/3/2013 1:55:00 AM (view original):
Swamp...are you in favor of a mandatory gun safety class prior to being allowed to purchase?

Raucous-what is the intended purpose of a car?  What is the intended purpose of a gun?  You see no difference?

And again, the right gets its panties in a wad...did I say anything about banning guns? Neither of you think there is any room for improvement in who should have them and what training they should have?

I believe gun safety training should be a part of each state's education program. Nothing raises your self esteem like hitting the target.

Are you one of those liberal...ooh it's all about self-esteem let's make sure everyone feels good about themselves..let's make sure every kid gets a trophy liberals?

Schools have nothing more important to do than to teach gun safety?

Why are you objecting to a mandatory gun safety/training course as a condition to ownership? Then we are matching program to ownership....putting it in the schools is taking away from things that everyone needs...like reading and writing, and the ability to think critically.
3/3/2013 8:00 PM (edited)
It isnt English Lit. Take a few hours off of phys ed and teach gun safety to everyone. No more accidents.

Again I think that gun owners have a legitimate reson to be concerned with mandatory government regulations to own a weapon.
3/3/2013 8:10 PM
Taking a few hours off PE explains a lot about you swamp
3/3/2013 9:33 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 3/3/2013 8:10:00 PM (view original):
It isnt English Lit. Take a few hours off of phys ed and teach gun safety to everyone. No more accidents.

Again I think that gun owners have a legitimate reson to be concerned with mandatory government regulations to own a weapon.
yet you think nothing of mandating that every student take a gun safety course even though they may never own gun. And again you show your hypocrisy...okay mandating students take a gun safety course....yet apparently for some unexplicable reason objecting  to requiring a gun safety course for those that actually want to own a gun. Why?

You make zero sense...and I don't see any of the "allies" you think you have coming to your defense either.

And why do you think this would eliminate accidents? First off, look at the list I posted. I hope to God that some of those people had training. Second, how many years would pass between legal gun ownership and the training in your example? How long in my example? Why are you opposed to adults who want to own a gun be required to have safety training? Why? Why? Why?

3/4/2013 3:03 AM
If Obama and his allies would reach out to the NRA to try to get sane regulations I am sure we can support them.

I think everyone here can understand why we would be worried about Obama and Pelosi deciding who gets to K&B arms.

And It is interesting that you feel education will not prevent accidents.
3/4/2013 3:07 AM
You can't even get Wayne LaPierre to support the regulations he supported a few years ago.
3/4/2013 3:18 AM
Again if you are going to have anti gun liberals write the regs you are not going to get NRA members to support them.
3/4/2013 3:29 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 3/4/2013 3:07:00 AM (view original):
If Obama and his allies would reach out to the NRA to try to get sane regulations I am sure we can support them.

I think everyone here can understand why we would be worried about Obama and Pelosi deciding who gets to K&B arms.

And It is interesting that you feel education will not prevent accidents.
<<And It is interesting that you feel education will not prevent accidents.>>

I never said any such thing. I was saying let us move the education to the point where someone is actually going to own a gun. Are you really that dense  you cannot to see that my proposal makes more sense?
3/4/2013 3:35 AM
A lot of cases on the other page deal with accidents or children.

Simple training could prevent that.

Schools are for learning. Why not gun safety?

We are trting to save lives are we not.

And you clearly asked why I thought education would prevent accidents.

Wouldnt it?
3/4/2013 3:46 AM
still won't answer the question will you? obviously you have no interest in a real conversation. moke.
3/4/2013 3:54 AM
What question didnt I answer?

I will not support any gun regulation that is at its heart an attempt to reduce access to firearms to law abiding citizens.

I do support gun education.

I would support realistic regulations that do not punish gun owners.
3/4/2013 4:20 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 3/4/2013 4:20:00 AM (view original):
What question didnt I answer?

I will not support any gun regulation that is at its heart an attempt to reduce access to firearms to law abiding citizens.

I do support gun education.

I would support realistic regulations that do not punish gun owners.
You support mandatory gun education before people are legally old enough to buy a gun, but you do not support education that would be a condition in order to buy a gun?

Oaaakay..... you are one messed up human being Swamp.

3/4/2013 8:36 AM
So when I said I would support realisitic legislation that doesnt punish gun owners your mind took that to mean I oppose it?

That seems pretty messed up to me!

And lets follow your education theory...You cannot enter into contracts before you are 18...Should we ban all teaching of contracts?

Guns are an important part of American culture. Why are we not teaching kids about them and how to use them?
3/4/2013 1:16 PM
LIberals, stop wasting our time.  Gun violence is decreasing.  And again we have liberal hysteria showing the rest of us liberals true motives, namely, the complete banning of firearms.  Take a look at some of the proposals coming out of the States.  That is what liberals want.  So good job.  You hurt your case, once again.
3/4/2013 4:16 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Two weeks in America... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.