I Just don't get It !!! Topic

I don't get why in chess you're not allowed to move your king into check.  You can't take back any other bad move, but according to the rules of the game you have to take back the worst move you can possibly make?  
6/1/2012 5:22 PM
I don't understand why you can't have your pawns rebel against their fate and overthrow the king establishing a free, self-managed collective and negotiating piece with the other half of the chess board either. 
6/1/2012 5:26 PM
brilliant ! I had forgotten that one. Then, there is this: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAaWvVFERVA
6/1/2012 5:56 PM
Posted by smixsell on 6/1/2012 3:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crimsonblue on 3/11/2012 9:30:00 AM (view original):
I don't get PeeWee Reese being in the hall of fame!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why don't we just put all of the just above average shortstops like Dave Concepcion( who has similar numbers) in too!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know anything about PeeWee, but anyone who saw Davey C frequently enough and thinks he SHOUDN'T be in the HOF doesn't know baseball. Best defensive shortstop in the game throught the 70's  (unreal combo of range and arm strength, smooth as silk on the DP) AND a devastatingly good clutch hitter, even during those years where is overall offensive numbers weren't that great.
 I disagree, Larry Bowa (highest fielding pct. for a career) was the best DEFENSIVE SS throughout the 70's and I don't think he should be in the HOF either.  I think the Hall of Fame should be for exceptional players not just good players.   Alvin Dark, Dick Bartell, Jay Bell, Tony Fernandez, Vern Stephens  Alan Trammell, Maury Wills and Cecil Travis aren't in yet and all of them are either on the same level or Better than Concepcion. Should we let them ALL in? NO.  If we let them all in we no longer have a HOF we have a "Hall of Good" Is he is as good as  A-Rod, Ozzie Smith, Robin Yount, Derek Geter, Cal Ripken, Arky Vaughn, Barry Larkin, Omar Vizquel, Luke Appling, Lou Boudreau or Honus Wagner.  NOOOOO.  If you're not better than someone that's already in or going in then you lower the standard.
6/2/2012 10:46 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I just don't get it. Last weekend I'm at an outdoor concert where there is a building where there is both a mens room and ladies room but because women don't adhere to the enter, act, wash, exit rule that men have, both rooms suddenly became womens rooms. As I watched what would otherwise be dignified men stagger into the woods to relieve themselves, I thought to myself. This isn't right!!
8/24/2012 12:04 PM
I don't get why people draft Addie Joss in OLs, then put him in the Astrodome.  It's like installing bullet-proof windows on your underground bunker.
10/5/2012 2:31 AM
Posted by teaparty on 6/8/2012 5:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by italyprof on 6/1/2012 5:26:00 PM (view original):
I don't understand why you can't have your pawns rebel against their fate and overthrow the king establishing a free, self-managed collective and negotiating piece with the other half of the chess board either. 
Maybe self-managed collectives don't work?  How about sending the king to thie guillotine, drafting a constitution and electing leaders to run the government?

r we voting on this ?

record my vote as  :    present

10/5/2012 6:52 AM
Posted by blackmink18 on 6/1/2012 3:21:00 PM (view original):
I don't understand why a left handed thrower can't play 2nd base
Because

(1) Any infeilder that is left handed would have to pivot more on a play to first base.  This would cause the fielder to lose time and possibly accuracy on the throw.
(2) A first baseman receiving a throw from a left handed second baseman would also have to pivot further around the bag.

For the record, many lefties have played the infield, especially in the early years of the game, but for the above reasons it isn't a good idea.
10/6/2012 1:58 PM
Zub, you clearly haven't read the Lefty 2B thread.
10/6/2012 2:55 PM
Posted by skunk206 on 10/6/2012 2:55:00 PM (view original):

I read (parts of) that thread.  I believe what I wrote is still valid.

10/7/2012 12:34 PM (edited)
I don't get why certain players get so many uses like 2000 Luis Castillo (1,493 uses) while other players with somewhat equal production and cost like 2000 Jose Vidro (168 uses) go virtually untouched. Not saying that Vidro is that much better but 9 times the uses.  Ahh the WIS love affair with Punch and Judy hitters. I'm going to miss Earl Weaver. He spoke out against this sort of thing.....and who is Punch and Judy anyway.
1/21/2013 8:46 AM
Posted by zubinsum on 10/7/2012 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by skunk206 on 10/6/2012 2:55:00 PM (view original):

I read (parts of) that thread.  I believe what I wrote is still valid.

Of course what you wrote is valid.  There's only one person on this site who would definitely argue otherwise (and perhaps a few more who know to remain IN the woodwork on that one).  The point was that you gave a serious answer to what was intended to be a funny reference to that old thread.
1/21/2013 2:09 PM
What I don't get is the nature of overall streaks.I expect a single team to have streaks, but my teams all tend to streak together.
If I have 10 teams, the results by rounds tend to go like this: 1-9, 2-8, 2-8, 5-6, 6-5, 7-3, 8-2, 9-1, 5-5, 6-5, 3-7, 8-2, and so on. How many teams would I have to be runing to expect a steady series of .500 - .600 results?
1/22/2013 4:48 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
I Just don't get It !!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.