I Just don't get It !!! Topic

I don't get why a President has to be sworn into office when they win a second term?
1/22/2013 10:50 AM
Posted by doubletruck on 1/22/2013 4:48:00 AM (view original):
What I don't get is the nature of overall streaks.I expect a single team to have streaks, but my teams all tend to streak together.
If I have 10 teams, the results by rounds tend to go like this: 1-9, 2-8, 2-8, 5-6, 6-5, 7-3, 8-2, 9-1, 5-5, 6-5, 3-7, 8-2, and so on. How many teams would I have to be runing to expect a steady series of .500 - .600 results?
I would not think winning % is significantly affected by the number of teams you have at one time. I would think there are dozens of other factors i.e quality of your team, quality of competition;  that would have significantly more affect than the shear volume of teams playing at one time.
1/22/2013 1:04 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 1/22/2013 10:50:00 AM (view original):
I don't get why a President has to be sworn into office when they win a second term?
to prove to everyone else that he(or eventually she) actually won - you know got more than 50% of the popular and the soon to be defunct  electoral votes.
1/22/2013 7:24 PM
I don't get why my OL winning percentage is .546 but my TOC winning percentage is .362.
1/24/2013 2:04 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 10/5/2012 2:31:00 AM (view original):
I don't get why people draft Addie Joss in OLs, then put him in the Astrodome.  It's like installing bullet-proof windows on your underground bunker.
haha, this. one of the parks that will allow you to have a successful season with someone else.
1/26/2013 4:16 PM
I don't get make-up.
2/1/2013 12:14 AM
I don't get how booger lips always beats me in the playoffs
2/1/2013 11:42 PM
I don't get how boogerlips expects to procreate
2/2/2013 12:30 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 1/22/2013 10:50:00 AM (view original):
Because a presidential term is four years.  Without a second swearing-in, he would not have the authority to act; it's like his contract expires after four years.
2/2/2013 1:52 PM
       I don't get why more people don't try to hit homeruns in OL's. I have a team that is currently on pace to hit close to 400 homeruns (I did say 400) while still winning at a pace to win well over 100 games. You can do this by not skimping on pitching either. spent over 38mil on it and not compromising BA and OBP, This team is at or leads the league in both.  I don't get this simleague love affair with the slap hitter.  Hopefully 7 and 8 runs a game drives these punch and judy pitcher's parking pansies out of their comfort zone!
8/12/2013 2:15 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by toddcommish on 8/12/2013 2:26:00 PM (view original):
I don't get why stupid people get to vote, and their vote counts just as much as an educated, tax-paying citizen.

I don't get why JJ Abrams ****** up the last season of LOST

I don't get why there isn't a third political party that focuses on the 70% in the middle and doesn't pander to the nutjobs on either wing.
As an extremist radical centrist in the Bill James Tradition, I couldn't agree with your third statement more.
8/12/2013 2:31 PM
I don't get how  Ben Revere of the Philadelphia Phillies can be so good at one thing and terrible at everything else. He has a horrible arm, no extrabase hit power, can't field his position, has an OBP of .335, (335!!) and he steals bases but is the worst base runner I've ever seen. In the Philadelphia area we were all expecting him to be released at the end of the season but this albatross who will probably hit .320 is in line to win one of the most unproductive Batting titles the national league has ever seen. AArrrgh!!!......the good news is that you'll be able to buy a Batting titlist for about 2.9 million dollars in the SIM next year and the term 'One Trick Pony' may very well be changed to 'One Trick Ben'.
9/6/2014 10:29 AM (edited)
Posted by crimsonblue on 9/6/2014 10:29:00 AM (view original):
I don't get how  Ben Revere of the Philadelphia Phillies can be so good at one thing and terrible at everything else. He has a horrible arm, no extrabase hit power, can't field his position, has an OBP of .335, (335!!) and he steals bases but is the worst base runner I've ever seen. In the Philadelphia area we were all expecting him to be released at the end of the season but this albatross who will probably hit .320 is in line to win one of the most unproductive Batting titles the national league has ever seen. AArrrgh!!!......the good news is that you'll be able to buy a Batting titlist for about 2.9 million dollars in the SIM next year and the term 'One Trick Pony' may very well be changed to 'One Trick Ben'.
And now you know the rest of the story. As an avid Twins fan I couldn't have been happier when he left. Take the bat out of his hands and the average Joe off the street can out play him. I can remember when he was in the Minors how the powers that be in Minnesota were bragging him up, making it sound like he was going to be the next coming of Kirby Puckett. What a disappointment that was. Watching him play centerfield for the Twins and after he would field the ball he couldn't even throw it to 2nd base on the fly. He had to bounce the ball to get it there. I'm thinking........ this guy is a major leaguer and he can't even throw the ball 100 feet without it hitting the ground?? Yes, the Good Ol' Boys in Minnesota know how to pick 'em. 
9/7/2014 9:02 AM
Posted by skunk206 on 1/21/2013 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zubinsum on 10/7/2012 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by skunk206 on 10/6/2012 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Zub, you clearly haven't read the Lefty 2B thread.

I read (parts of) that thread.  I believe what I wrote is still valid.

Of course what you wrote is valid.  There's only one person on this site who would definitely argue otherwise (and perhaps a few more who know to remain IN the woodwork on that one).  The point was that you gave a serious answer to what was intended to be a funny reference to that old thread.
Appologies
9/8/2014 2:50 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
I Just don't get It !!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.