The All Time WIS Baseball team (just for fun) Topic

Lineup:

Boogerlips 2B - experimenting with a leadoff hitter that doesn't like walks and thinks OBP is over-rated. I think of BL as a Johnny Pesky sort of hitter, so he is at 2B

Zubinsum SS - great range, gets to everything, doesn't lose his cool. Perfect SS and no.2 hitter for our lineup

crazystengel CF - again, a range issue, hits for high average and can go deep

liga pelota and bud4875 DH (platoon) - power hitters

pfattkatt 1B - switch hitter with speed, high average, occasional long ball, a Gregg Jeffries sort maybe

brianjw - RF - hits for average, fields, does it all

amycox 3B - shown over the years she can handle anything hit sharply with grace, and can hit for power as well

mensu1954 LF - steady influence and the ability to carry a team when he is on a hitting streak

trentonjoe C - a team leader on the field, knows the pitching staff and can hit

Starting rotation:

elbirdo - who else? - all time expert on anything pitching, so player-pitching coach
grizzly_one - who else? - player-general manager - best antidote to fatigue  if grizzly_one is GM (who else?), I think chargingryno is assistant GM in charge of trades
jfranco77 - who else? need to win a game today - our own El Duque
sford - who else? knows how to win with $28 mil pitching staff that pitches like a $38 mil staff
cobalt dragon - rookie phenom - if you don't know who he is yet, you will

bullpen
contrarian23 - player manager and elite setup man
Byrdmann - another key go to person when you aren't sure what to do next
micki - long relief, able to use 700 IP pitchers in 162 games
just4me - closer 
legaldh - closer 

What d'ya think folks ? Post your own  versions. 
6/11/2012 10:53 AM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
TheJuice would be the League President in charge of scheduling....
6/11/2012 12:33 PM
Player/Manager: JohnGPF - For so long he was omnipresent on the site and the go to guy for advice on the forums. Plus, he could kick your butt in a league. I miss his analysis, advice and forum topics.
6/11/2012 2:09 PM
AHEM!!!
6/11/2012 6:50 PM
Posted by frazzman80 on 6/11/2012 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Player/Manager: JohnGPF - For so long he was omnipresent on the site and the go to guy for advice on the forums. Plus, he could kick your butt in a league. I miss his analysis, advice and forum topics.
I learned 80% of what I know about the sim from johnGPF

I learned 12% from biglenr and his quirky theme leagues. 

I learned 3% from jsturgiss86's low cap leagues.

I learned 3% from all the other awesome owners and leagues I've been in. 

The rest I've learned thus far has been from my own experimenting. 

In other words, johnGPF and biglenr have been invaluable resources on this site and to be honest, I really miss having them around. 
6/11/2012 10:15 PM
I don't think they deleted the posts italyprof. Around 2008, the site underwent a forum revision and many of the old forums could not be converted to the new format. Thus, much of the old data can't be retrieved. Hopefully, this will never happen again, as the forums are a wealth of knowledge for us all.
6/12/2012 10:16 AM
Haha.  Thanks!  But if you ever saw my glove play in softball, you wouldn't put me at short.
6/12/2012 3:19 PM
I continue to go unnoticed, but what the hell else is new
6/14/2012 12:25 AM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
The All Time WIS Baseball team (just for fun) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.