Hardball Dynasty discount Topic

You know, I don't think I'd play that game if it was free. 

Too much of a learning curve, and then the parts of WIS that I really like (using real life players to see how they mix and match) wouldn't be there.

I'm not insuting the product... But it has juat about zero interest to me.
10/26/2012 6:55 AM
WOULD YE PLAY THIS DREK IF IT WAS FREE?

Votes: 11
(Last vote received: 11/2/2012 2:19 AM)
10/26/2012 7:09 AM
I played it for multiple seasons, so I can speak to the reasons I stopped. The biggest are already posted by len...I just really missed the real players and historical stats of the sim. Once I bit the bullet the tried a Progressive League, I had all the dynasty aspects I could ever want with the real players and history I craved without the mess of coach hiring, devastating injuries, rampant underdevelopment of players and a wild stat fluctuations.

Don't get me wrong, HBD was a fun video game with a "sim games" button, but a progressive league trumps it in every way in my opinion.
10/26/2012 10:10 AM
Thanks for confirming the doubts that had previously kept me away. I now won't let that discount get the best of me.

I'm sure there are HBD players who love it, though.

10/26/2012 12:27 PM
Posted by doubletruck on 10/26/2012 12:27:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for confirming the doubts that had previously kept me away. I now won't let that discount get the best of me.

I'm sure there are HBD players who love it, though.

Well, I'm sure it's great for the right person. Those who constantly complain about underperfing players versus their real life stats or those who refuse to understand normalization probably appreciate the random stats HBD players crank out versus their "skill rankings".

In SLB, you look at a .275 .350 .500 hitter and can expect with knowledge of normalization and understanding of the cap what you are going to get out of him. In HBD, you have contact, power, vs. L, vs. R, eye and many other ratings that go into the hitting system and its really a "higher the better" guess at performance. The same goes for pitching. Add in injuries, player development trees and other factors and it equals a system where you never really know how your players will perform. It's intriguing and can be fun, but can also be very frustrating.

I'll stick to my progressives...
10/26/2012 12:34 PM
Hardball Dynasty discount Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.