Is it time to remove AAA from open leagues? Topic

AAA seems to have more impact than it should in a league... Most experienced open league owners will platoon AAA at 2 or 3 postions, waive the purchased players that they had playing those positions, and use the extra money to really upgrade at other positions.

Or they will draft with this in mind. 

Why are we still allowing this?  It's just gaming the system, and making the game difficult for new players or those who don't know this strategy to compete.

Yes, I use it too.  If you want to compete, you can't be the only person tieing one hand behind your back. 

Let's get rid of AAA.  Or, at the very least, make it impossibe to determine who we have, and how much stamina they have. 

11/13/2012 1:22 PM
THEME LEAGUES ARE WHERE IT'S AT

OPEN LEAGUES SHOULD BE RESTRICTED TO NOOBS(PEOPLE WITH LESS THAN 5 SEASONS PLAYED)
11/13/2012 1:27 PM
or give everyone the same AAA
11/13/2012 5:50 PM
Posted by chargingryno on 11/13/2012 5:50:00 PM (view original):
This, or eliminate it... But if this, then with real names. Or allow you draft AAA by default.

Personally, I prefer eliminating it altogether...
11/13/2012 9:06 PM
Having a AAA pitcher throw 60+ innings  with a WHIP under 1.00 is pure luck of the draw and not related to strategy at all.  Eliminate AAA all together.
11/13/2012 9:14 PM
I'd prefer to see AAA go away as well. 
11/13/2012 9:41 PM
Posted by just4me on 11/13/2012 9:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chargingryno on 11/13/2012 5:50:00 PM (view original):
This, or eliminate it... But if this, then with real names. Or allow you draft AAA by default.

Personally, I prefer eliminating it altogether...
U-pick-em might be a good idea, yeah. That way everyone can optimize as they wish.

Eliminating it might also work but if so I'd like to see salaries go down a bit across the board, because I find building an 80M team with no AAA very difficult to get anything competent. Then again I'm just too used to 100-120 or Juice... so maybe that's not important.
11/13/2012 11:39 PM

Right now, I'm in an open league and a champs league...

I'm going to get about 1000 PA out of my AAA in each league, with a better than .300 average (in a pitchers park).  And about 80 IP in each league as well, with about league average (sim league) WHIP.

Just too much to give away for free.

11/14/2012 10:16 AM
I agree and have for a long time. I don't play leagues with random AAA because I've always felt it gives too much of an advantage to particular owners. Its always been too swingy for me, especially with someone who knows how to utilize and identify AAA guys.

To me, the proof of the importance of AAA is shown when an open league team goes into a $90 million TOC. WIS knows that the AAA players are worth as much as and extra $10 million. So why is it called an $80 million cap open league? If you know that AAA can boost it up to $10 million, then have the open league cap be $70 million for the regular players and then the AAA would boost it to an $80 million cap. 
11/14/2012 10:42 AM
Gotta' admit that there's enough profit in all the WiS-Dynasty stuff around here
to keep this website up-&-running... We all know that some ideas flat-out don't
work... WiS promotes 'em... Proverbially 'guinea-pigged' & 'beta-tested' we are.

Agreed, it's 2 much... It's no doubt "sour" now... But, they still gotta' promote the
mystery & allure that eventually leads 2 purchase...

Am just proffering another stab @ a solution, ---simply reducing the numbers of
AAA ball-players to three (3) total... A pitcher, a catcher, & a utility guy... That's
pretty simple math that should @ least make things "half-as-sour" as before, &
they (WiS) still get to tease & showcase their other products here...

Small compromise, ---but some kind of change has to be "band-wagon-able"...
11/14/2012 11:22 AM
AAA should be abolished from open leagues, but left as an option for theme leagues.

Problem solved.

You're welcome.
11/14/2012 11:26 AM

Absolutely it needs to be an option for theme leagues. 

I'm talking just open (and the rare champions) leagues here.
11/14/2012 11:38 AM
OL should have Below Average AAA. I like the idea of AAA, it adds a dimension to the game and there is strategy involved. They just shouldn't be too important. fix it by giving low stamina AAA players who can't be used too much. also they shouldn't be real players who can be identified.

Open Leagues should be divided into 2 categories. Let the beginners and average owners play against each other and the winners should only be allowed to enter Champs Leagues.
11/14/2012 12:24 PM (edited)
I enjoy playing open leagues every so often, usually have one going.  That being said, getting my AAA guys is like opening a Christmas present.  Id'ing them is part of the fun in playing.   I appreciate the idea of having just three AAA players and would opine increasing the cap to $90mm in an Open style would be cool.   Rainbows idea of letting beginners and "average" players (whatever an average player might be??) play against each other is one to consider.  The problem is drawing the line.  There are many competitive gamers who have negative owner ratings.  Where do you draw the line? 
11/14/2012 8:29 PM (edited)
that also opens the doors for the multiple alias' constantly joining OL's so that they could play against the beginners.  At least now you usually get a few good owners in each league. 

I think you either need to give everyone the exact same players on AAA or take it out completely for OL's. 
11/14/2012 6:45 PM
12 Next ▸
Is it time to remove AAA from open leagues? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.