Setting Lineups? Topic

Hi, I am new to WIS and just signed up for an open league.  I drafted my team and my league has just started.  My question is can I set my lineups and pitching rotations or is it always done by the program.  Not sure how this all works.  I haven't found anyway to do this.  Thanks for anything you can tell me.

Terry P.
3/19/2013 6:13 PM
Posted by terrytunes on 3/19/2013 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Hi, I am new to WIS and just signed up for an open league.  I drafted my team and my league has just started.  My question is can I set my lineups and pitching rotations or is it always done by the program.  Not sure how this all works.  I haven't found anyway to do this.  Thanks for anything you can tell me.

Terry P.
Erm... the dropdown menus in the managers office should work just fine...

Is there a problem with your browser?
3/19/2013 7:28 PM
Managers Center
3/20/2013 12:04 AM
Thanks, but where is my Managers Center?  I have a locker room and there it lets me click on game results and team center where I can edit some user settings that are just percentages.  I see nothing where I can set lineups or pitching rotations.  I use google chrome.

Terry

3/20/2013 6:09 AM
From the page "My Locker" you will see your team name located in red on the left center of the page. Click on your team name and that brings you to the league office page where you can view the standings, your schedule and results. At the top of the page near the SLB logo you will see "Manager's Center". Click on that chevron and you will be brought to a page that you can work on your team as the manager. You will have options on the right side of this page in the section labeled "Team Managerial Style" and if you scroll down you will see your team split between lineup and pitchers. Click on "Edit Lineup" and you will see the drop down menu...click on "Edit Pitching Staff" to do the sam efor your pitchers
3/20/2013 8:24 AM
While you are in there, be sure to click on the following:

"Advanced Settings" link for hitters (this is where you set your fatigue levels, sacrifice bunt settings, Stolen Bases settings and all your options for whether players can be pinch hit for, pinch run for, lifted for defensive replacements and other things).

"Player Higherarchies" link for hitters (this is where you set who comes in to rest players, who actually comes in for defensive replacements, and your pinch hitters order)

"Advanced Settings" link for pitchers (this is super important as it sets your pitchers fatigue level, their target/max pitch counts, what inning they are available and such)

There are many nuances to the the game, but the advanced settings for pitchers is very important as fatigue for pitchers can completely derail your season. Simple rule of thumb, WIS gives you around* 15 pitches per inning for fatgiue purposes, so you can use this a guage based on your estimated number of appearances to determine pitch count settings.

Read up in the forums about the tricks of the trade. http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=462961&TopicsTimeframe=30 is a great forum with many links to some of the best game advice on the site.

Welcome and good luck.
3/20/2013 9:53 AM
Hey guys, thanks so much.  I didn't even notice that those were clickable.  Much appreciated.

Terry
3/20/2013 5:26 PM
Setting Lineups? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.