starting a petition... Topic

DAMN YER EYES, BOOGERFACE!
5/1/2013 7:58 PM
Boycott the NFL if they don't give the new pope a fair tryout. because he's real religious and he's popular.
5/2/2013 1:55 AM
Him I like more than Tebow, rbow923.
5/2/2013 4:15 AM
Posted by micki on 4/30/2013 11:28:00 PM (view original):
We will all quit watching NFL football, buying NFL gear and boycotting all things NFL until they give Tim Tebow a fair shake with another NFL team.

I know this is off subject, but this is the only damn forum I ever read so I thought I would start the movement here.

Who is with me ?

All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > SimLeague Baseball > starting a petition...

Posted by micki on 5/1/2013 10:35:00 AM (view original):
1. He is being discriminated against because of his values/religion.
2. He is good for football. Like him or hate him, he has that "it" factor and brings excitement to the game.
3. He is a winner everywhere he goes (except the Jets of course because Rex Ryan is a douche bag)

For those of you who think he is not a good quarterback, he has not been given a chance to prove his value. He did complete 75% of his passes last year and rushed for 100 yards in 31 carries in limited action.

If you want us Tebow fans to shut up for good, then let him start somewhere and if he does not do well, then we will shut up forever.  

Jacksonville should be required to sign him by Goodell.  I have The Jags winning the superbowl next year - at 150-1 odds. 

5/6/2013 1:58 PM (edited)
Free Leonard Peltier !
5/6/2013 6:14 PM
Tebow should sign with the Pats or the Giants and be used as "the 3 inning save man".

As Elijah and Brady get older they should stay off the field as much as possibile without hurting their teams chances of winning.

So if the Pats or giants are winning by 10 at half time bring in Tebow for the 3 inning save..

Also if Brady or Manning go down during a playoff game, Tebow would be the best chance of winning off the bench.
5/6/2013 8:03 PM
so wait, being the only quarterback in a quarter century to complete less than half of his passes over a complete season warrants being a starter again...

then clearly that same bigotry is all that has prevented me from being the starting linebacker for an NFL team.
5/6/2013 8:22 PM
Tebow is a good man and a decent human being.

He is also a ****** quarterback who can't throw consistently or accurately, essentially a left-handed Mark Sanchez with better morals, better work ethic, and better running skills.  But that doesn't mean either one should be in the NFL.

He's had his chance.  Every single coach and GM is aware of his skills and his marketability.  And NOBODY has signed him.  They've seen what they need to see.

Good luck to him in whatever non-NFL venture he ends up in.

5/8/2013 7:48 PM
Posted by micki on 4/30/2013 11:28:00 PM (view original):
We will all quit watching NFL football, buying NFL gear and boycotting all things NFL until they give Tim Tebow a fair shake with another NFL team.

I know this is off subject, but this is the only damn forum I ever read so I thought I would start the movement here.

Who is with me ?
I'll boycott the Jets.

I'd boycott the Broncos, too, but Peyton Manning is my favorite QB.
5/9/2013 2:25 AM
So Tebow is going to play for the New England Patriots. 

That's in Boston. A far-right wing city full of fundamentalist Christians if there ever was one. This proves the conspiracy by those seck-uh-luhr humanist people in the Northeast against poor Tebow. 
6/11/2013 6:31 AM
Right wing city. Sounds like an oxymoron.
6/11/2013 11:53 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
all is right in the world
6/12/2013 3:20 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 5/8/2013 7:48:00 PM (view original):
Tebow is a good man and a decent human being.

He is also a ****** quarterback who can't throw consistently or accurately, essentially a left-handed Mark Sanchez with better morals, better work ethic, and better running skills.  But that doesn't mean either one should be in the NFL.

He's had his chance.  Every single coach and GM is aware of his skills and his marketability.  And NOBODY has signed him.  They've seen what they need to see.

Good luck to him in whatever non-NFL venture he ends up in.

"he's had his chance"

last I remembered he took the broncos to the playoffs and beat the Steelers (won more playoff games with pretty much the same team than Peyton Manning) - whether or not he's a "GREAT" quarterback or not - he's a winner and the patriots got the steal of the year
6/12/2013 10:00 PM
How did the Patriots get a steal?  Where is he going to play?  Tom Brady isn't coming off the field so he can get some snaps.  He's not playing fullback because they don't use one.  He's not playing tight end because, well, he's not a tight end.  He's never played that position, or fullback for that matter, in his life.  He's just going to join one of the best teams at the highest level of football and switch positions?  Give me a break.  Not to mention, they have 5 tight ends on their roster.  2 of them are 2 of the top tight ends in football.  Is Tebow playing instead of Gronk or Hernandez when they get healthy?  Not likely.  It's hard to be a "winner" from the sidelines.  Maybe Brady will get hurt and he will get a shot, but, Matt Cassell went 11-5 under Belicheck.  Is Tebow going to all of a sudden take credit away from Belicheck if he gets a shot and does well?

And how exactly is he a winner?  I hear this all the time and I just don't get it.  He had a great college career.  I will never take that away from him.  He won a ton of games there and is possibly the greatest college player ever.  That doesn't always translate to the NFL.  In 2011, he went 7-4 as a starter and led the Broncos to the playoffs.  They won their division at 8-8 on tiebreakers.  In week 17, the Broncos could have won the division by beating the Cheifs in Denver.  That is the same Cheifs team that couldn't score against 11 of us.  The Broncos defense held them to 7 points.  Tebow led the Broncos to 3 points.  That was the biggest game of his carrer up until that moment and he mustered 1 field goal.  He went 6 for 22 for 60 yards (you read that correctly).  He really came up big in that one.  Not to mention, they lost their last 3 games of the season to back into that playoff spot (He did lead them on a 6 game winning streak). 

While he was the starter, the Broncos averaged 18.5 points per game (204 total).  That is terrible.  If you average that out to a 16 game season, the Broncos would have finished 24th in the league in scoring.  While he was a starter, the defense gave up 22.8 points per game (250).  They probably didn't do their job either, but if you look at those numbers, they scream luck.  How many teams are -46 over an 11 game stretch and and finish 7-4?  Probably not many.

I don't dislike the guy as a person, he just isn't a NFL quarterback and I really don't buy the whole "winner" argument at the NFL level.  Again, he was a great college QB, but I wouldn't want him on my team in the NFL.  Too much of a distraction for not enough production.  If there is any team that can deal with the distraction though, it's New England
6/13/2013 10:29 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
starting a petition... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.